R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2003, 08:32 AM   #4171
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

I would imagine the would probly have some out for testing by Cleveland they would be foolish not to.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 09:05 AM   #4172
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

And on the TC-3 dont forget to break in the drivetrain.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 08:27 PM   #4173
Tech Apprentice

I'm a little confused on something and think you guys will have an answer for me. Using the optional low ratio pulley set yields a lower internal ratio (1.77 versus 2.125 stock) which in turn yields better acceleration. OK I get that part. But how is that any different from just dropping a tooth on the pinion? And I read that the optional pulley set works only with the solid central layshaft. Does the T1R come with the solid central layshaft?
Thank you
-kenny
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 08:38 PM   #4174
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default yes

t1r come stock with solid layshaft.I don't know how it works but it does.I have raced extensively on both.Someone who can explain,please chime in here.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 08:42 PM   #4175
Suspended

Default Raising rear roll center.

What has you guys experience been with raising the rear roll center of the car been.Raising it at the arms.My car pivots so much better without the expense of loosing rear traction.This is for the t1r.Any others experiment and what has your car done after the change.As if the car needs more steering.This things got a butt load.but I noticedit wouldpivot so nicelyafterraisingit.Does this sound right?
Old 07-27-2003, 01:33 AM   #4176
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kenny
I'm a little confused on something and think you guys will have an answer for me. Using the optional low ratio pulley set yields a lower internal ratio (1.77 versus 2.125 stock) which in turn yields better acceleration. OK I get that part. But how is that any different from just dropping a tooth on the pinion? And I read that the optional pulley set works only with the solid central layshaft. Does the T1R come with the solid central layshaft?
Thank you
-kenny
The reason the new optional pulleys work better is not necessarilly due to the new internal ratio, but the angle of the belt as it is wrapped around the center layshaft. The new pulleys prevent the belt from wrapping at this angle which frees up the drive train better.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 01:46 AM   #4177
Tech Regular

Default xray rocks

Took 2nd in novice with the XRAY T1R in my first ever race. The car took a pretty good beating. The only thing that needs replacing is the body no chasis damage.
Does anyone have a setup for Socal Raceway.
jbackslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:11 AM   #4178
Suspended

Default Re: xray rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by jbackslash
Took 2nd in novice with the XRAY T1R in my first ever race. The car took a pretty good beating. The only thing that needs replacing is the body no chasis damage.
Where do you race now?I am probably the only other person racing the t1r herein northern caalifornia. Socal is a fierce place to race in any class.Try the basic setup if you cant find one from someone else.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #4179
Tech Regular

racenut123:
I will be racing at Socal. Where do you race? I've owned a lot of nitro cars but have never raced(Ran alot at the BART station in DC up there). This is my first electric and first race. The xray handles really well, but I am scrubbing off a lot of speed in the tight turns and can't accelarate well out of them.
jbackslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:05 AM   #4180
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Default Re: xray rocks

Quote:
I took 2nd in the stock sportsman a-main last week at the FSEARA florida state race. I led the entire race and was a lap ahead of everyone until the guy in second took me out when I was trying to LAP him! Oh well, I still got second . Alex Lopez was there too, except he was racing Mod.

I also must tell you guys how absolutely tough the XRay T1 Evo2 is, last weekend at the state race, in the 2nd qualifier one of the turnmarshalls actually stepped on my car, the only damage that was suffered was a broken rear shock tower. If the car had been a TC3 or something of that sort, the entire thing would have been demolished into a million pieces.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 02:14 PM   #4181
Suspended

Default Read your setup book

Quote:
racenut123:
I will be racing at Socal. Where do you race? I've owned a lot of nitro cars but have never raced(Ran alot at the BART station in DC up there). This is my first electric and first race. The xray handles really well, but I am scrubbing off a lot of speed in the tight turns and can't accelarate well out of them.
Try increasing your front castor and oil or spring rate.The car is super agressive but needs to be stiffened on high bite in the front. I race everywhere in the bay area.You should find more then enough places to race down south.Suprised you did not race rctech though.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:16 PM   #4182
Suspended

Default 1.77 pullies

Buy them...that should help with coming out of the corners.Gear appropriately also.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:05 AM   #4183
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Oh man...not a great saturday raceday for me in the xray. First the track is huge now, 150x100 so long straights. We upped to a 19 turn so I was running 124/33 with the 1.77 and I was over geared and smoked it in the main.. But there was glitching all over the track with all electric cars which caused me not to drive that well at all...constant challenge trying to get you car not to drive the boards! Than with the batteries being hot with the motor and having back to back races with the 705 and the xray, I placed the xray on a piece of foam (the trinity foam) on my hudy board and in the middle of the qual for the 705 my xray caught on fire! The foam melted and flames started through the chassis and started the batteries on fire. Luckily I was pitting right next to the race director and he pulled the car off before total flames erupted. I have never seen this before and it would of been different if I was there watching the car, but I was racing back to back. Lucily it didn't destroy any of my electronics but I need to purchase a new EVO 2 chassis and cap for my GT7. Tough luck...don't place your car on a foam support after racing as it will melt and burn up if your batteries/motor are too hot. Lesson learned.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:30 AM   #4184
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: Raising rear roll center.

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
What has you guys experience been with raising the rear roll center of the car been.Raising it at the arms.My car pivots so much better without the expense of loosing rear traction.This is for the t1r.Any others experiment and what has your car done after the change.As if the car needs more steering.This things got a butt load.but I noticedit wouldpivot so nicelyafterraisingit.Does this sound right?

IN THEORY-RAISING the rear roll center should casue the rear of the car to roll less, but plant the rear tires more. IN other words-that end of the car should put more pressure onto the tires and less into the chassis-giving you more grip and less body roll.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #4185
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have a quick question. I normally run a 12x2, but I need to get it rebuilt, so I was going to run my 10x2 for the next race. Should I take a tooth off the pinion or put one on from my normal gearing for the 12x2.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote