Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2001, 04:35 AM   #391
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: New subject : Xray team driver

Quote:
Originally posted by MissX
I think Xray needs to get more team drivers. Do you think so?
I want to see at least one Xray in main A IFMAR 2002. Does anybody know where is it going to be?
Doesn't really concern me too much whether Xray win the IFMAR (or any championship for that matter). It wouldn't make ME drive any better and providing I know the car is good that is all that matters.

There are already too many people out there thinking that they will be a better driver simply by buying a Yokomo MR4 or TC3! If people cannot appreciate 'quality' then let them continue buying the 'other' brands!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:38 AM   #392
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

hmmm... I understand now, thks...... but one more question.... what is kydex? I don't know if I can get that here in Hong Kong
go to waigo hobby and buy a piece of yoke YR4 front plastic bumper and cut it to the shape !! it is kydex in material
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 04:58 AM   #393
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

go to waigo hobby and buy a piece of yoke YR4 front plastic bumper and cut it to the shape !! it is kydex in material
Ahhh.... no need. I'll just take it off the YR4 I have sat on the shelf!!
Old 12-05-2001, 05:04 AM   #394
dtm
Tech Champion

Have you seen the new bearings Xray is coming out with? Removal plastic shields for easy cleaning...... neat!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #395
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Have you seen the new bearings Xray is coming out with? Removal plastic shields for easy cleaning...... neat!!!
I run my car with out any shielding. Ceramic bearings are better than the HQ's offered by XRAY.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:54 PM   #396
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

MadMax and DTM: I missed the cubicle thing below. LOL...I am at my home office right now.

For some reason I do not receive a notice for every post made. I usually end up at the top so I sometimes forget to scroll down to where I left off.

Last edited by RCCadet; 12-05-2001 at 01:57 PM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 06:51 PM   #397
Tech Apprentice

Ya well some of us have to cough up money to race. LOL!

Hell about the X-Ray Team Drivers, Don't waste the time. The problem is the "names" are too expensive and they are locked in to the american companies. They are fully employed and have an expense account that allows them to practice almost 24 hours a day if they want. I think Masami has his own track in Japan where he practices. I also hear he can race with the transmitter behind his back and probably on one foot(not really). I don't want to foot that kind of bill if I buy a few more xrays.

Some of our local San Diego Racers went up to Vegas and put a whooping to the better drivers with the xray. Hudy had a "team" there consisting of a couple of no names that got their kit a week or two prior to the race. They were just not competive.

And another thing about the Losi / Associated boys. The cars are not what is making it for them. These guys have the knowledge necessary to get the perfect setup or come early (weeks early to practice and find the setup). The have the top batteries and motors that are truly unobtainium that you just don't see (I personally have seen REAL numbers that are .03 (volts) higher than any thing I get (and I have bought some pretty decent packs--not cheap by any stretch)and run time that make you think that these were hand packed cells. The mod motors the come to the track with are prepped by Dieter and Reedy personally and you all know their rep.

Am I saying the Xray guy doesn't have a chance, No! I am saying that if you expect to win you have to be perfect driver perfect pit man perfect buyer/negotiator, and witch to cast a hex on the competition to win at the nation and international level.

Don't miss understand I too think the xray is the best most capable car sold today. The last thing we can do is ask Hudy to blow money on wanna be racers that cannot prepare and perform at the same level as the top level.

Let us grass roots club racers show the way with the winning there. they have been the reason the xray is so successful anyway.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 09:35 PM   #398
Tech Regular

You are right about Masami
Here is the pict from Subang Race in Malaysia 2001
MissX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 02:13 AM   #399
Tech Adept

RCCadet, where did you buy your ceramic bearing??
xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 09:30 AM   #400
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xray
RCCadet, where did you buy your ceramic bearing??
Boca Bearings.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:12 AM   #401
Tech Regular

RCCadet! How much are those ceramic bearings cost you each.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 12:17 PM   #402
Tech Apprentice

class 7 or their secret weapons are what i use. ceramic are way too much.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 07:24 PM   #403
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
RCCadet! How much are those ceramic bearings cost you each.
Milf: Send them an e-mail. I was qouted a special price (maybe not special any longer) so I do not want to set a price standard. I only went after the 10x15x4 bearings.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:54 AM   #404
Tech Regular

RCCadet: Thanks, I was just wondering how much for list price not your price just a rough idea. I had purchase teflon bearings for my whole car, the price was special to me. I'm hoping to race this Sunday if it does not rain.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 03:00 PM   #405
Tech Elite

Just an FYI. You need to avoid ceramic bearings for the wheels. Ceramic balls can shatter on impact since they are not as strong as steel. They are harder and wear much less but if you give them an impact force like slamming into the wall with a wheel they can shatter.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote