R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2003, 03:28 AM   #4006
Tech Elite

Yes I know this is the Xray forum. I'm just confirming who racenut123 is. I posted in the Barracuda thread too. Gave HAG some Poo.

Nah Xray is too expensive. Can't afford the Rolls Royce of RCs. That is unless Milf sells me a new one fo' cheap. You got a million of them.

Yes people Milf has a million.

Hmmm XXXKat thought you have a Losi? As for the Gilroy track.......No comment.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:48 AM   #4007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07
Default 1.77 pullies

all xray drivers,
anyone know of any online shops in asia whereby they have the 1.77 pullies in stock? i'm sick of waiting for the local dealer to get his in.
really envy of those who had theirs up and running already.
thanks.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:05 AM   #4008
Regional Moderator

Default bridge

Thanks racenut123
volav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:07 AM   #4009
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yes Sydewynder I do,I also have an Xray,an R2 cuda,an SD Yokomo,MR4 ssg,FT TC-3,2 G-Plus Losi's.I plan on getting another Xray.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:26 AM   #4010
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Nah Xray is too expensive. Can't afford the Rolls Royce of RCs.
T1r is cheap.So no excuses now!
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:11 AM   #4011
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Yes I know this is the Xray forum. I'm just confirming who racenut123 is. I posted in the Barracuda thread too. Gave HAG some Poo.

Nah Xray is too expensive. Can't afford the Rolls Royce of RCs. That is unless Milf sells me a new one fo' cheap. You got a million of them.

Yes people Milf has a million.

Hmmm XXXKat thought you have a Losi? As for the Gilroy track.......No comment.
Xray is not that expensive, The new T1R is fairly good price. So there's no excuse. Since you have all those other cars that you could sell off to get the T1R

Sell one of mine's? I do not have any to spare. I'm not planing on selling it, cause you mention to me before, (just keep it for use parts on the Original T1, and that is what I'm doing ). The FOC is waiting for some parts before I build it.

I do not have a "Million" I only have a total of 5, one is staying in the box sealed, (Original T1 with the Hudy stuff, it's to valuable for me to see it, and the other T1 have been stripped down, and the Evo 2 is what I have been running, the T1R is in the process of building, and for the FOC, just waiting for some option parts to come in.)
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #4012
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

What are the advantages to running the 1.77 pulleys and whatnot over the stock setup? Any downsides?
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #4013
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's my reaction to the new pullies.

1. MORE BOTTOM END RIP!!
2. WAY SMOOTHER Drivetrain!
3. Slightly more steering, as the car seems to decelerate a bit quicker with the 1.77 pullies.
4. My observation is that there's a very minor reduction in top speed for the same calculated roll-out. This may just be perception though, due to the fact that the car pulls off the corner with noticeably more authority.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #4014
Tech Fanatic

Should the 1.77 pullies be used on a specific size or type of track, or are the new pullies a general upgrade that is good for all tracks regardless of size and whatnot?

Are there any cases in which the new pullies should not be used?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:00 AM   #4015
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord
Should the 1.77 pullies be used on a specific size or type of track, or are the new pullies a general upgrade that is good for all tracks regardless of size and whatnot?

Are there any cases in which the new pullies should not be used?
Hi Accord

The new pulleys are good for all racing conditions. They free up your car, and it accelerates like a bat out of hell. It's true what people say that they can accelerate similar to a shaft car.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:32 AM   #4016
Tech Fanatic

Awesome, thanks for the information rcinfinity and cypressmidwest, i'm definetly going to order a set.

Just one more question, for a very large track with long straights in which top speed is the most important factor and time lost on the straights cannot be made up in the infield, should the 1.77 pullies still be used?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2003, 03:31 PM   #4017
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Yup!

You can still use them,just gear accordingly.Bottom end rip is the right term for sure.My tc3,or evo3 had no more advantage then my t1r.In stock I really notice it coming out of the corners and also in the middle of the power band it still feels super punchy.l Love these things
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #4018
Tech Fanatic

I bought my 1.77 pullies from my LHS about an hour ago and I stripped the heads of almost every single silver screw on the bottom of the chassis, I didn't use loctite or anything, I didn't even torque them in there or use the improper allen driver. Every single time I change out my diffs or something of that sort I always strip the heads of most of the chassis screws and then have to drill them out. XRay is very big about how high quality their kits are and whatnot, and I agree with that for the most part, however the quality of these absolutely crappy screws they include is absolutely absurd, it's like tin foil.

Are there screws of the same size and shape as the recessed chassis screws but made of a different and much stronger material? If so, where can I buy them?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #4019
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Accord,

Is your tip the problem then, I know this seems stupid but its either that or you got a bad batch of screws because I have had my kit for a month now and have taken my kit apart at least 5 times and not even 1 stripped screw. Take a close look at your wrench.

Thorp/mip, integy, losi, assoc., hudy make excellent wrenches. If by any chance your using L shaped tools that come in most kits then thats your problem, buy some good wrenches.

Hope this helps.

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #4020
Tech Fanatic

Hi Steve, I am using a set of Hudy tools that are in perfect condition. The black steel screws are very strong and do not experience the slightest bit of wear or stripping, however the aluminum silver screws instantly strip, and they're the same size. Is it possible to replace the aluminum recessed screws with steel ones of the same shape?

Thanks