R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-30-2003, 07:17 AM   #3901
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick
Default Diffs problem

Hello,
I would like to share with you one problem I have regarding diffs!

For the past months no matter how I build my diffs or even who will build they only last for 10 batteries! When I say build my diffs I mean complete reconstruction with new balls and thrusts!
As final resort I bought the complete diff set and I have managed to race 50 batteries and the diff is almost new!

The problem appeared when the diff rings started to be the same on both sides and when the thrusts rings (the small omes) are of the same size instead of the ones that were different!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Nick

PS:
I apologize if this matter has been addressed before but I cann't read all the pages and the search didn't !!

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:35 AM   #3902
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Way to go Team Xray....

I cant believe the success I have had with my car so far.Keep the set ups coming Pucho.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #3903
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
Alex was telling me that In the second race he got taken out by an AE driver and the car got turend over and no one was there to marshal him so he desided to save his tires and pulled it. In the third round he passed MikeD on the forst turn but latter tapped the board allowing MikeD and ScottyE to pass. Then every time Alex went to pass Scotty he would block and tapp Alex as to ensure that AE would walk away with the championship. If it woldn't have been for them two incident's Alex would have won the championship, OH well!
Pucho: That is truly a bummer. Alex, I guess, is a far nicer guy than I would have been. The frist time you bump me when I try the pass it's a racing incident, the second time it's intentional, the third time, just like in baseball, YOU'RE OUTTA THERE!!!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #3904
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Alex was telling me that In the second race he got taken out by an AE driver and the car got turend over and no one was there to marshal him so he desided to save his tires and pulled it. In the third round he passed MikeD on the forst turn but latter tapped the board allowing MikeD and ScottyE to pass. Then every time Alex went to pass Scotty he would block and tapp Alex as to ensure that AE would walk away with the championship. If it woldn't have been for them two incident's Alex would have won the championship, OH well!

Alex was very satisfuyed with his T1R, So was Ralph Ill try and get Alex's final set up posted latter when we have some more time to talk. I do Know he started with the set up I posted earlier (for Superior) And made a few changes.
Excuses, excuses......btw: I am not even sure Mike Dunnigan was running a TC3....... HMMMM.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:05 AM   #3905
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Excuses, excuses......btw: I am not even sure Mike Dunnigan was running a TC3....... HMMMM.....
Yeah HUMM! I guess that's why Scotty E. came over after the race and apoligized to Alex. HUMM! Makes you wonder?
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #3906
Tech Elite

I'm betting Mike D WAS driving a TC3. But my previous post had nothing to do with team tactics. My "third strike" policy applies regardless of who's in front of me.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:20 AM   #3907
Tech Fanatic

BTW here is my newly installed Rubberneck-Racing Bumper This is one nice pice!.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #3908
Tech Fanatic

I usually use the two turn rule.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #3909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I usually use the two turn rule.
With a bumper like that I would give them the wheel LOL...Thanks for the good words, and I am glad you like the bumper...

Kevin

PS: I have plenty left!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #3910
Tech Elite

Default Re: Diffs problem

Quote:
Originally posted by nnick
Hello,
I would like to share with you one problem I have regarding diffs!

For the past months no matter how I build my diffs or even who will build they only last for 10 batteries! When I say build my diffs I mean complete reconstruction with new balls and thrusts!
As final resort I bought the complete diff set and I have managed to race 50 batteries and the diff is almost new!

The problem appeared when the diff rings started to be the same on both sides and when the thrusts rings (the small omes) are of the same size instead of the ones that were different!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Nick

PS:
I apologize if this matter has been addressed before but I cann't read all the pages and the search didn't !!
You may have had problems from the initial assembly. After you purchased the new diff set, problems went away. Usually, everyone has "new car blues" with a new car, then after getting familiar with it, the car becomes less of a pain. You also may have overtightened the diff down, that would cause flat spots on the rings giving the impression of a diff that needs rebuilding. Maybe the diff was too loose causing eccessive wear and premature break down. What ever the case, your new diff is what matters. Keep it in good shape, and it will take care of you.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:31 PM   #3911
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Parts

Hey, Neil. Where is the best place to get XRAY parts cheap? Do you know any out of state stores (I'm in Cali too) that stock parts?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:40 PM   #3912
Tech Regular

Default Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hey, Neil. Where is the best place to get XRAY parts cheap? Do you know any out of state stores (I'm in Cali too) that stock parts?
Dotman, Have you tried Ultimate or SoCal?
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:42 PM   #3913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Headbanger
Dotman, Have you tried Ultimate or SoCal?
www.ashfordhobby.com in CT...They have good $'s and alot in stock items...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:43 PM   #3914
Tech Elite

Default Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hi Dotman

The largest selection of parts for the Xray car is Socal raceway. Ultimate has parts at good prices, but they don't have the quantity that Socal has. Stormer Hobbies has some. Then there's always the Xray site.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:25 PM   #3915
Regional Moderator

Default Belt Tension

Can some give me an idea how loose the belt should be. Should it be able to be pushed down a 1/4" or what. I'm used to the Losi and after running saturday everyone that ran a Yok said the belt was to tight. Looking through the setup guide and assembly manual really didn't give me an idea.

Thanks
volav is offline   Reply With Quote