R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #3856
Tech Adept
 
Elk666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MTL QC
Posts: 225
Default Re: Re: rubberneck bumper

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
there's a couple of pics on the previous page.
Thanks Zombie, they look good, time to order
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #3857
Tech Elite
 
wannabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: RUBBERNECK RACING Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,484
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: rubberneck bumper

Quote:
Originally posted by Elk666
Hi guys, can someone that has a rubberneck bumper please post a pic.
i've asked Kevin to send me 1 but i'm still waiting for it (the pic.) i want to get his bumper from what you guys were saying about it, it sounds good but i want to see a pic first.
thanks
Sorry for not sending you an email, I thought I told ya I would post it here, but I didn't, again sorry for the delay...

Kevin

PS: Thanks RC-ZOMBIES for the help...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:38 PM   #3858
Moderator
 
StephenSobottka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka
Default

my dad is having to mill these screws out, they are really in there lol. we tried the flathead trickon one of em, that was a no no, it did not work lol.
__________________
~~Stephen Sobottka~~
SMC Racing
StephenSobottka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:55 PM   #3859
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Cypress Midwest -Call me tomorrow at work-I need to talk to you!! Something cool and I need your help!!

Ray

1-888-551-1044 toll free.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:10 PM   #3860
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 300
Wink Everybody Call Ray!

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Cypress Midwest -Call me tomorrow at work-I need to talk to you!! Something cool and I need your help!!

Ray

1-888-551-1044 toll free.
Let's call Ray and ask him about the secret cool stuff he's got going with CypressMidWest. j/k I couldn't resist.....
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:55 PM   #3861
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Better have your secret decoder ring handy when you call!!!

Actually I may be in need of his golden pipes to do some announcing for me!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:47 PM   #3862
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,519
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Ok guys!

I need your help.I need a good rubber/ carpet setup.Where I will be racing will be running rubber tires.If you have a good setup,please help me!

racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:13 PM   #3863
Tech Fanatic
 
Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 997
Send a message via AIM to Accord
Default

Racenut, I race on a weekly basis at a carpet track on rubber tires. The absolute best rubber tires for carpet racing are the Take-Off 27's. Also, you will definetly need to use traction compound otherwise your car will be impossible to control regardless of your setup. Make sure you put on traction compound 5 minutes before going onto the track. When you're on the track, you can actually feel the traction compound slowly wearing off every lap you complete. Whatever your ride height is set at your an asphalt surface, lower the front and rear by 1mm, I reccomend 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. For springs, I use whites in the front and yellows in the rear and I have the adjustable shock dampening set in the middle for front and rear. Make sure you have 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear wheels and negative 1 degrees camber. For the front I use .5 degrees toe in and negative 1 degrees camber. I have the bottom shock mounting positions for front and rear set at the stock position reccomended by the manual, however the front upper shock positions are in the middle and the rear upper shock positions is the middle row and the 3rd hole from the outside.

Wow, that was a pretty messy setup I just typed up, haha. I should really compile all of this onto a setup sheet.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:30 AM   #3864
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord
Racenut, I race on a weekly basis at a carpet track on rubber tires. The absolute best rubber tires for carpet racing are the Take-Off 27's. Also, you will definetly need to use traction compound otherwise your car will be impossible to control regardless of your setup. Make sure you put on traction compound 5 minutes before going onto the track. When you're on the track, you can actually feel the traction compound slowly wearing off every lap you complete. Whatever your ride height is set at your an asphalt surface, lower the front and rear by 1mm, I reccomend 4mm in the front and 5mm in the rear. For springs, I use whites in the front and yellows in the rear and I have the adjustable shock dampening set in the middle for front and rear. Make sure you have 1.5 degrees of toe in on the rear wheels and negative 1 degrees camber. For the front I use .5 degrees toe in and negative 1 degrees camber. I have the bottom shock mounting positions for front and rear set at the stock position reccomended by the manual, however the front upper shock positions are in the middle and the rear upper shock positions is the middle row and the 3rd hole from the outside.

Wow, that was a pretty messy setup I just typed up, haha. I should really compile all of this onto a setup sheet.
Accord- racenut is here in no-cal, the track is in door of course, and it's about 1 hr drive south of SF, and the room temp is about 75, the carpet is a little furry, but flat. The track recomends 5 mm ride height. Tire wise works good in Gilroy are Sorex 28 in the front, and 24 in the rear, and using red hpi inserts. So far those combination of tires and insert works the best, but Take off's 22 will work better then the 27 over here. The size of this track is as big as a "Ice Skating Ring" And so far I have been finishing top 3 in a while, and TQ 2 times, and won 2 times.

Well, what wt oil are you using in your shocks, and how many hole open, are you using front and rear sway bars, and what about one-ways? Any other info would be help full, Thanks in advance.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:52 AM   #3865
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ray: Check your voicemail at work. I left you a triple encrypted, double ciphered, super secret message.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #3866
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Accord- racenut is here in no-cal, the track is in door of course, and it's about 1 hr drive south of SF, and the room temp is about 75, the carpet is a little furry, but flat. The track recomends 5 mm ride height. Tire wise works good in Gilroy are Sorex 28 in the front, and 24 in the rear, and using red hpi inserts. So far those combination of tires and insert works the best, but Take off's 22 will work better then the 27 over here. The size of this track is as big as a "Ice Skating Ring" And so far I have been finishing top 3 in a while, and TQ 2 times, and won 2 times.

Well, what wt oil are you using in your shocks, and how many hole open, are you using front and rear sway bars, and what about one-ways? Any other info would be help full, Thanks in advance.
What track is this? Is this the Ripon track?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #3867
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
What track is this? Is this the Ripon track?
Oh, no. It's the Gilroy, Ca., that's Hobby World, it's 11,000 sq ft. Ripon is about 1 hr and 15 min east of SF, and Gilroy is 1 hr south of SF.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #3868
Tech Fanatic
 
Accord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 997
Send a message via AIM to Accord
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Accord- racenut is here in no-cal, the track is in door of course, and it's about 1 hr drive south of SF, and the room temp is about 75, the carpet is a little furry, but flat. The track recomends 5 mm ride height. Tire wise works good in Gilroy are Sorex 28 in the front, and 24 in the rear, and using red hpi inserts. So far those combination of tires and insert works the best, but Take off's 22 will work better then the 27 over here. The size of this track is as big as a "Ice Skating Ring" And so far I have been finishing top 3 in a while, and TQ 2 times, and won 2 times.

Well, what wt oil are you using in your shocks, and how many hole open, are you using front and rear sway bars, and what about one-ways? Any other info would be help full, Thanks in advance.
I'm running the normal 30wt stock oil in front and rear shocks, I have two holes open in the pistons, I am using only a rear swaybar, no front swaybar, and I am running a solid axle in the front with a solid layshaft and a rear ball diff. Using a one way is really a matter of personal preference and the type of track you're at... if you're on a very large wide open track then a one way is probably going to be your best bet, but on a small tight track with a lot of corners you'll probably want to run a diff in the front or a solid axle. Remember though, ALWAYS use a solid layshaft when using a front one day diff, and in some cases it should be used with a solid axle but not always.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:23 PM   #3869
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord
I'm running the normal 30wt stock oil in front and rear shocks, I have two holes open in the pistons, I am using only a rear swaybar, no front swaybar, and I am running a solid axle in the front with a solid layshaft and a rear ball diff. Using a one way is really a matter of personal preference and the type of track you're at... if you're on a very large wide open track then a one way is probably going to be your best bet, but on a small tight track with a lot of corners you'll probably want to run a diff in the front or a solid axle. Remember though, ALWAYS use a solid layshaft when using a front one day diff, and in some cases it should be used with a solid axle but not always.
Cool, at this time I'm waiting for my new pulley set for the T1R, and once I get those in, I'll be running it. So far my car is pretty dialed, but need a little tunning, like you mentioned every track is different. And I have to tune it to my driving, but just getting some info, seeing what other drivers are doing.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:10 PM   #3870
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Oh, no. It's the Gilroy, Ca., that's Hobby World, it's 11,000 sq ft. Ripon is about 1 hr and 15 min east of SF, and Gilroy is 1 hr south of SF.
Must be a new track. Do they have a website with pics? I'd love to check it out.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net