R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2003, 12:13 PM   #3781
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Rob,

I got the Front foam bumpers today from Kevin and they are sweet. They are stupid light and hard as can be!! I hope this means bye-bye to bent or broken C-hubs!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:29 PM   #3782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
I want to try foams outside on asphalt on my Evo2. Does anyone have any suggestions on which tires works best, and a good starting setup for the car, springs and oil etc.. The track is medium sized ,asphalt, bumpy in some places and have medium traction. It has a quite fast layout, laptimes around 23.5s
HATEBREED: I run c-hubs on my "regular" T1, but here's my current setup:

Front:
camber: 2 degrees
Shock: AE copper spring, LOSI 50 wt oil, three holes open on the piston
Shock Position: All the way out on the tower, and all the way out on the arm.
caster: 3 degrees
Toe: 1 degree out
tire: CRC track magnet plaid (Jaco foam)

Rear:

Camber: 2 degrees
Shock: same as above with all holes open in pistons
Shock position: All the way out on the tower, center hole on arm
Toe: 1 degree in
tire: CRC track magnet purple (also Jaco foam)

Miscellaneous: Solid layshaft, Spashett's Tangerine Tyre Tack traction compound.

I'll try and get my camber link positions tonight and post 'em for you tomorrow. I hope this helps.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #3783
Tech Regular

Ok! Thanx Cypress! i will try that setup next time i get to the track.
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #3784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Ray,

Awesome. Glad you got them. They are nice. I had to dremel a little off the top for the top deck to sit down, but not a biggie.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #3785
Regional Moderator

Default Shocks

HI, I'm new to the xray, just ordered a T1R and have a question. I noticed it has two types of shocks, one is adjustable and one is fixed. Which should I build? I'm used to doing both Losi and Associated, but have no clue as what to do for the Xray. Any help would be appreciated. Like what is the advantage from one to the other. I race both outdoor on prepared surface and indoors on carpet. I'm sure I will have more stupid questions once I get the kit in my hands! Thanks, I can't wait for the kit to arrive, can't believe I got attracted to the kit from your discussions, then I go ahead and order it and every magazine is reviewing it this month.
volav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #3786
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

volav: It's just one shock, the pistons is what differs. I prefer the siplicity of the fixes piston but the adjustables are nice because you can change the piston hole size in a snap. If you are not confortable with building these then use the fix they work just as well it's just going to be a little more work to change the danpening on the car if you deside to.

RBLove: Can I get the info on where to get these bumpers from?
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #3787
Tech Adept

yeah RBlove, i'd be interested in getting some too, any picture of them?
thanks
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 09:11 PM   #3788
Tech Adept

TRC Tan foam tires (37 shore) work very well on the XRay when racing on asphalt.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #3789
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to g_bruin Send a message via Yahoo to g_bruin
Default Front hub

Why is that the front hub bends outward during use? It happens with both the c-hub and pivot ball set-ups. I hate having to use a hammer to tap it out remove it from the steering hub and bearings I read the manual and there is a section that explains how to remove it. But my question is why isn't the spring steel hub included if it is known that the hub may be bent during use?

thanks.
g_bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 10:55 PM   #3790
Tech Elite

I will post the info on the bumpers tomorrow morning when I get off of work.

Spring steel axles are the answer, but I understand your point...

Jimmy Fukuyama,
Payment has been sent.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:31 PM   #3791
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Volav,I would go with the adjustable set up on the shocks,That's to me what the Xray is all about,adjustabilty..or should i say ease of.The shocks are not hard to build,it only takes a little more time to do so.Use all the features of the car..you allready paid for them might as well use them.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:23 PM   #3792
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front hub

Quote:
Originally posted by g_bruin
Why is that the front hub bends outward during use? It happens with both the c-hub and pivot ball set-ups. I hate having to use a hammer to tap it out remove it from the steering hub and bearings I read the manual and there is a section that explains how to remove it. But my question is why isn't the spring steel hub included if it is known that the hub may be bent during use?

thanks.
g-bruin

The reason it does that is because of the soft metal. The lighter the metal, the quicker the spool up. The spring steel hubs are definitely a solution, however there is more rotating mass. That's a small price to pay compared to destroying a bearing trying to remove a hub.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #3793
Tech Elite

Anybody interested in the X-Ray foam bumpers send me an e-mail and I will forward it on.

[email protected]
Old 06-19-2003, 10:38 AM   #3794
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Volav,I would go with the adjustable set up on the shocks,That's to me what the Xray is all about,adjustabilty..or should i say ease of.The shocks are not hard to build,it only takes a little more time to do so.Use all the features of the car..you allready paid for them might as well use them.
I agree, the operation of the shocks are very smooth. And it's so nice to be able to change dampening with a simple click!
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:27 AM   #3795
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
Anybody interested in the X-Ray foam bumpers send me an e-mail and I will forward it on.

[email protected]
YGM
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote