Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: puzzled??

Originally posted by Elk666
[ps. 1 more thing to ask: right now my center 1way is locked, should i loosen it when running a front 1way? [/B]
No, you can go ahead and run it tighten. More efficient that way or get the solid center layshaft.

Jimmy
Old 06-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Tweak on the Raycer

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey guys,

I have one potentila problem with my evo2/T1R. Its got a nasty tweak in it and lets assume that all te usual things have been checked (shock length, chassis balance, bent hingepins, etc...).

I put my car on the set-up board beause it seems to steer more one-way than the other-even though it makes perfect right and left circles (EPA). Yup-it is way out. The right front/left rear raises a good 1/8" before the other tire does. Not good!! The only way to cure it is to crank down on the shock collars-which will give me neven ride heights.

Anybody checkd there tweak on there T1R's

Ray
Ray, it'll happen but there's an easy fix. Don't thrown the chassis away since even new chassis will do the same. First, unscrew the bulkheads front and back, then, the upper deck. Lay the chassis flat on a flat surface such as a HUDY board etc.

Second, check for any binding in the front steering arms and servo saver. I've had some problems in the past with the front servo saver as well. Check the hinge pins to make sure they're not even a little bent. Once it all moves freely, then tighten back the bulkhead. When done, have someone push down on the front and rear of the bulkhead while it's laying on the flat board and slowly tighten down the four upper brace screws. It's a pain in the rear process but will most likely fix this problem. Oh, don't forget to back all your shock ring so there is no tension on the springs when doing this and just readjust your ride height again. Good luck and Happy Racing!

Jimmy
Old 06-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default New 1.77 pulleys

I found that trying to gear the new monster stock to around 7.3-7.5 final drive ratio that the motor is about less than 1mm away from touching the front belt. Thats with a 64p 128/30 spur/pinion combo.

If I were run mod (10dbl)...anything less than a 29T pinion, the belt would rub on the motor.

Any solutions Jimmy?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Re: Tweak on the Raycer

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey guys,

Anybody checkd there tweak on there T1R's

Ray
hi fren,
you may want to loosen the upper deck screws at the end of each race day, i always do that with my evo 2 chassis and now with the 2.5. it lets the chassis rest and i'll just tighten it back the next time the car needs to visit the track again.
one thing i noticed after installing the plastic chassis is that the front belt tightens up when the upper deck is loosen, but loosens up when the upper deck is tightened. this doesn't happen with the evo 2 chassis. do you come across this?

alan.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

alan-yup-I accidentaly way over-loosened my front belt eccentric on my T1R when I had the same experience. Put the top plate on and voila-belt was loose as a goose!!

Guys,

Thanks for all the tweak help. I was thinking this might just be a fact of life with a dbl. deck car!!!

Ray
Old 06-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

RCZombies,

The only and best solution would be to switch out the spur gear when running mod. 128 fits great and really gets the motor low (center of gravity).....
Old 06-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Ray,

Jimmy said it all on tweak.....

After ever run I loosen my top deck and retighten to make sure it's flat and tweak free. That is the quick fix if it hasn't been in a sever crash. Only real thing I do is make sure there is no preload on the springs and then remove the deck. Check for any wobbling on the tweak board and retighten if flat.

If it is bad the best thing to do is follow Jimmy's intructions. This will work for sure and isn't something that has to be done very often unless you are banging the boards and breaking parts regularly, BUT I KNOW YOU ARE NOT DOING THAT~
Old 06-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Yet another post....

So what is the verdict on the pulley's? Does the car still have good rip??????
Old 06-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RBLove
Yet another post....

So what is the verdict on the pulley's? Does the car still have good rip??????
Hey RBLove,

I've found it to have a much better rip!. The drivetrain is a lot freerer<spelling?> and the car can be geared a tooth higher on most instances. This alone will draw you closer to the TQ guys unless you're the TQ guy, then in that case, you'll just pulled away and pretend you're alone on the track.

What I've also found is that running the belts as loose as almost skipping (not quite but almost) will really help and the front should be just a tad tigher then the rear becuase of the rotation distance between the front and rear. Being that I'm running the solid center.

What I also do is blow out the bearings and add a drop of oil to each only. Use to be a secret for me, but I've found the most important (most everybody overlooks this) is the center layshaft bearings. I use the Squat's Dry bearing for these. They are so important and awesome and smooth, it isn't funny. I've had it free spool for the record breaking times. That should tell you something. LOL! once that's in place, I set my throttles to 120% full and I can gun any turn or corner with ease. Forget the Losi, AE or other guys, you're gonna surprise and surpass them "point blank!".

<confidential>
But now since I'm with YOKEY, I'll have to R& D a set of lower ratio gears for the SD. </confidential>

Jimmy
(withholding other secrets)
Old 06-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: New 1.77 pulleys

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I found that trying to gear the new monster stock to around 7.3-7.5 final drive ratio that the motor is about less than 1mm away from touching the front belt. Thats with a 64p 128/30 spur/pinion combo.

If I were run mod (10dbl)...anything less than a 29T pinion, the belt would rub on the motor.

Any solutions Jimmy?
Hi RC,

I hate it when I have another secret but can't disclose this in the forum. I'll email you and let you in on it, but you'll be so surprise and in for a real treat once you know how that is done. I'm sure you'll kill your same class competitions with this.

Jimmy
Old 06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rob,

I HIT everything there was to hit the night my servo popped off the AE mounts!!! Wow-what a horrible night that was. I am hoping for far better fortunes tomorrow night!!!

OH-btw-I won the 15 minute A-main at the MORR track last Sunday in 1/10th 4wd class!!!! Yahhhooooo!!!! I havent won an A-main in months!!! heck-last time out I didnt even make the Ain Sedan!! ugghhh!!!

Ray

Jimmy-yup-my belts are super loose!! my front is so looose I might put my belt tensioner back on!!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 06-09-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy,

Thanks for the info. I will give the super loose belt dealio a try. Makes sense and as long as it is not slipping... You have any pulley's in stock or know where I might find a set?

As for being a TQ runner....... I sure try

Ray,

Nice job on the gas win. Gotta love that.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Raycer servo mounts

OK, maybe I am missing something here but either I have a very narrow servo or the holes for the servo mounts are entirely too far apart. I have to center the servo in the mounts which only leaves the servo to catch the very edges of the servo. I had to shim it front to back in order to get the servo in the car but this really scares me because there is such a little amount of servo actually in the mount...Any suggestions?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

I find the servo holes a tad too wide also, but hace not had a problem and I have owned 3 EVO2's and one T1R...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RBLove
I find the servo holes a tad too wide also, but hace not had a problem and I have owned 3 EVO2's and one T1R...
LOL! so the XRAY does have flaws. <ducking from flame thrower>
I used ShoeGoo to take care of that.

Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.