R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #3586
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Not allowed to say...I will be shot if I do...
Private supplier Unfortunately he is all out of the belts
and liquidating all his Xray parts.

Try contacting Jimmy...you can find him on this thread...
Thread? what thread? hehehehehehehehehe!
I'm out though. Those were were just for some of the people who's supported me thoughout the process. You guyz rule!

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #3587
Tech Regular

Default Lost Emails

Those who sent me emails to my personal email address this morning. I didn't get a chance to read any of it as soon as I opened up Outlook Express, the hard drive crashed so please re-send it again. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Jimmy
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #3588
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jimmy's the Best!!!

I wish him all the success with his new sponsorship...
future world champion.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:44 AM   #3589
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
Jimmy's the Best!!!

I wish him all the success with his new sponsorship...
future world champion.
Thanks! now you're making me BLUSH.

Jimmy
Old 06-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #3590
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For a revised gear ratio and roll-out chart for the new pulleys visit:
http://www.rcracing.com/Gear_Ratio_Program_1100.cfm

Choose Xray and change transmission ratio to 1.77.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #3591
Tech Regular

Default Figuring Final Gear Ratio 1.77:1

Rc Zombie directed us to a great site!

Here's another way to figure it out.

Take the spur gear you're running, divide the pinion to get the ratio and multiply the 1.77 internals = your final ratio.

Happy Racing!

Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy Fukuyama; 06-03-2003 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #3592
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Jimmy,

I messed up my belt badly narrowing it. I thought I might catch a longitudinal belt under the rubber backing and follow it with the X-Acto-but I didnt and Messed it up pretty badly. Its all cool though-ITs on-its narrow and it only has to last one practice night!!!

Thanks and I too am bummed you arent a Xray man anymore!!You did hook me up and two Clevelnd Buddies recently so Thank-you-You DA Man!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #3593
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This seems like alot of work(and money) to get a car that works as well as a stock losi g plus,I have not even raced the x ray(yet)and I have allready sank a ton of money into it and now i find out i need to spend another $60 to make it competitive in the stock class..wtf,I guess that's what i get for buying into the "hype".
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:17 PM   #3594
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

xxxkat: This week end One of the guys racing went out with a nearly stock T1R Only thing he added was a one way and nearly TQ. He also came in 2nd in the race and did I mentioned it was his first time out with the car.

I personally had a great race with mine and All I have is the One way, Roll center bridge, and spring set.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #3595
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Since October of 2002 I have owned, raced and worked very hard to set-up a TC3 Factory team, two Losi XXXs in full Graphite, Losi G-plus, Tamiya evo3 and finally the XRay with C-hub. I even went so far as to use any and all hop-ups (including fabricating custom parts at times, custom milled chassis) and going to test every week and I can say hands down the easiest way to go fast is to buy a TC3 factory team kit, hog out the diff cases, clean the bearings and race!!! To get the finest handling, most enjoyable to drive and set-up-the Xray evo2 and t1r are in my honest opinion-in its own class!!!

The fact of the matter is the TC3 is just a fast car-period. Stock or Mod. but-it is very inconsistent lap to lap and week to week. Great drivers mask those weaknesses by driving around the issues. Not so good drivers run a few whicked fast laps with one and then stuff it 5 or 6 times per race!! Its the nature of the car.

But those few whicked fast laps are enough to hook-them on it!!

I will never sell my Tc3-it sits on the shelf because I know in a pinch-I can always throw it down-ask Barry Baker or mike Blackstock whats the hot-set up for a track and it'll be fast. maybe hard to drive, but fast.

Now the evo2 by comparison is a touch slower out of the box straight line speedwise. But it is pretty darn fast!!! Where it shines is it handles the same every corner-every lap-week after week. and it can carry tremendous corner speed when set-up and driven right!!!

Sorry so long, but thats my 0.02!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #3596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Don't lose site of the fact that the car does not win races.... A DRIVER WINS RACES. Being that the X-Ray is an extremely well handling car it allows a driver to shine up to his or her potential. A FTTC3 makes it much harder on a driver to shine........ I am no pro and am not the greatest driver in the world, but HANDS DOWN I am MUCH faster in an X-Ray than a TC3. I can turn the same fastest lap as the TC3, but run them down the board for 5 minutes............................. That wins races.... The US Indoor Champs (Cleveland) is one of the premiere carpet races of the year. X-Ray TQ'd stock sedan and master's stock sedan. That says something in its self...

My $.02 to add to Ray's well commented facts... Facts in our eyes
Old 06-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #3597
Tech Addict

Default I'll second that

I will second Ray's comments....I had a factory team tc3 for 2 years....its the car I started racing with. I had a custom chassis and a pretty free drivetrain. I made a great deal of improvement with that car this year.....drove an Xray one night and turned more sub 14 second laps in 10 laps than the 80+ I turned that night with my car. I bought one and have been better ever since. The car is much easier to drive and is the best built car available. Going to play around with a raycer kit this week......my tc3 has a nice layer of dust on it right now....it wont be making its way back on the track anytime soon.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:41 PM   #3598
Tech Elite

Ray, I've owned a lot of cars too. Right now I primarily drive my TC3 because I consistently do better with it than with any of my other cars. It is fast and with all the time I've invested in it, it's very easy to drive and consistent lap to lap too. I'm pretty new to the XRAY family. I resently built and ran the EVO2 and out of the box, it wasn't fast 0-60 or coming out of the turns, but it IS a joy to drive. It almost feels like it's floating through the turns. It's ability to pivot quickly around a corner almost makes up for the lack of speed. So far the stock setup has been so good I've been afraid to change it for fear I'd mess it up. The only other car I've driven that compares is the Losi (when it's on). I can't wait to get the new pulleys. If they really help, there may be a changing of the guard soon.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #3599
Tech Elite

Ray,

Let me know what you think of the new pullies after running them. I am just concerned with the MAJOR change to the internal ratio............. Car accelerate the same or harder?????????
Old 06-03-2003, 07:47 PM   #3600
Tech Elite

Ray,

Let me know what you think of the new pullies after running them. I am just concerned with the MAJOR change to the internal ratio............. Car accelerate the same or harder?????????