R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #3556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

C-hubs increase steering response, they make the car more agressive. I love 'em on asphalt, and they should be EVIL on carpet!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 04:34 AM   #3557
Tech Initiate

I think they also increase mid to late cornering as well.
And there is tons more cornering speed if you get the set up right.
jonathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 01:14 PM   #3558
Tech Adept

T1R

What are the best spare parts and the best option parts for the T1R?
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 02:36 PM   #3559
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Buy 2 c hub conversion kits($49 each).That way you put one on the car and have parts to fix what you break..if you break.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 02:41 PM   #3560
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

aviaar:

On my T1R I have the Front One Way and the Roll center Bridge. Other than that It's stock. Some of the guys here re using the solid graphite top plate and front carpet tower as well as the rear ultratune shock tower, but that's mainly for running on carpet. Other than that I wold also recomend the spool, spring set and 22mm spring steel wheel hubs. I also have a set of sway bars Front and rears but I haven't had an oportuninty to use them.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #3561
Tech Fanatic

xxxkat:

The T1R already comes with the C Hubs. I did purchase an aditional set like you said just to have spares.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:47 PM   #3562
Tech Lord

I guess I did a duh..
Old 05-31-2003, 11:10 PM   #3563
Tech Addict

Default Need some help guys

First off I love my Evo2...it has helped me make a huge improvement in the 2 months that I have been running it. I do however have one problem and a question.

First off, I have the low front shock tower (the lowest one) and I typically like to start my tires out at 2.35 or so....I get a little extra life out of them...since our track is pretty tough on tires. With this shock tower I cant run tires anywhere near that size or I will have 6 or 7 mm in the front ride height. Any suggestions other than the obvious (cutting the tires down to 2.8 or so)?

second: I filed my battery slots down so that my batts sit level with the bottom of the chassis. I used the foam on the straps as the instruction said. The first couple times i ran the car it was fine but as soon as the foam had some indentations I have had problems with the batts coming together if I get hit in the side. I had a pack pretty much explode during a race after getting t-boned from a driver that should not have been in our heat. The batteries have moved over a couple of times but I have run the jumper wire up between the batteries and stuff some foam in there. IT does not keep the batts from moving but they have not touched yet. I thought about putting another layer of foam on the straps.....any other ideas. This is really an issue to me because anytime I get hit it could spell the end to 70.00 batteries.

Thanks

Eric
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 11:20 PM   #3564
Tech Adept

Thanks for all your help so far. Any other spare part/option part recommendations for the T1R would be appreciated as well.
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 04:50 PM   #3565
Tech Fanatic

Joneser : I probably won't be of much help but I think There is a shorter shock body and shock shaft you can get form serpent that may help but Im not sure. And what about running the regular tower? would that help? As far as the bats go You can get these foam strips form HPI that are adhesive and stick them to the staps I think that should help. Sorry but I don't have a part # for you.

aviaar : If the new pully sets aren't too expensive i would also consider getting some.

I went racing today again and had a great day first I barely missed the A and 1st throug 5th in the B could have been in the A we where all with in 10th of each other. I started 3rd on the grid and quickly found my way to 2nd on the heels of 1st. Within 2 laps I was on his back bumper and passed him going into the straight I motored by but them I went wide and he took it back I recovered and on the next turn I taped him (sometime I forget how much corner speed this car has) and sent him into the pipe. Being the sportman that I am, I slowed to let him cach up to me again but While going slow he hit me, by that time the pack had caught back up to us and I got hit a couple of more times while he took off. I found my self on 7th place but worked hard and got up all the way to 3rd. Worked harder caught 2nd and with 45 seconds to go I had 1st in my site but a back marker was holding me up (I should have used the 2 turn rulle, LOL) and I wasn't able to cach him. I Finished 2nd Not bad for a day of racing I was very happy with the car.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #3566
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
I went racing today again and had a great day ....
Argh, this sound so fun
it's the second week in a row that races are cancelled because of rain, i haven't run my t1 on a track in over a month, I'M GOING NUTS!!!
now i gotta wait 2 more weeks and hope for a sunny sunday so races can happen again
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #3567
Tech Lord

pucho sounds like you had fun,I think it's best not to take even a backmarker out,2nd is better than being a hack.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:20 PM   #3568
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Joneser-for running 2.35" tires, simly unscrew the bottom ball cups and cut them 2mm shorter. Put them back on and Voila!! You can run bigger tires.

I cannot help you on the second one either.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #3569
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Guys, I always try to do my best to not "tap" or "hold" anyone. I believe in "proper racing etiquette" however it is not always extended to me so I have also tryed to perfect the "bump and run" When it is nesesary with certain people.

I hope it gets better for you, the guys in SO FLA are in the same boat. Atleast They have an Indoor track they can go to if it rains. We have to just chew on a cable if it rains.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:47 PM   #3570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

To keep your batts from sliding inwards simply use a dremel and cut a piece of 1/8" kydex or spare piece of Fibreglass (not C/F) and mold a litte brace to fit tightly in between the 2 sets of cells and either bolt it in or use servo tape..... easy !!!!!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote