R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #3526
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

heres my set up from last weekend Tarmac about 70 degress top heat conditions. very fast long track fast laps in the 15's
front Shocks:
2 holes 30wt. drk Blue spring
inner hole on tower
outer hole on arm
camber link middle
alum 3 degree carier(cause I dont have 6's)
zero kick up
plastic front blocks
cs 27 take offs
flexi top deck
composite chassis
solid top shaft
120/37 monster stock
evo 2 bulk heads
Rear Shocks:
3 holes 30 wt white springs(wanted to try light blue but dont have em)
second hole in on tower
outer hole on arm
2 degree toe in
2 degrees caster all around
running kick up
short(std.) camber
alumin carriers
oh and cs22 take off's
front and rear droop at 3
ride height at 5 rear 4.5 front
Anybody have any other suggestions on my set up? I liked it so far next week more testing hopefully if my wife hasnt planed my weeekend yet hahah.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:32 PM   #3527
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ICEMAN
if i'm not wrong don't the new pulley's change the ratio to 1.87 from 2.125???
The new pulleys change the internal drive ratio to 1.77:1
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #3528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Talking

Randy B,

Only thing that will make your set up better is to slap on sme foamies and hit the rug~

I cannot give any advice for rubber tires as I have NEVER tried them. All you can do is evaluate how your car feels and if there are any points on the track you need to be faster or more comfortable and then make changes accordingly. As you know: the cars are never perfect and we have to adjust our driving to different conditions and tracks.

Just wheel that mug with a big smile as you pass the TC3's......
Old 05-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #3529
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default T1R Carpet set-up

Teacher,

This set-up feels like it is carrying very good corner speed and it also is really, really, really easy to drive tight and clean with. It also almost seems to slingshot like a 12th scale off the turns when driven right. Its nice!!!
Now-I had the WORST day f racing last night in years. I DNF'd all three heats AND the Main!!! As it turns out-I think I moved my servo off the mounts (AE mounts-not T1R (Long story-dont ask)) in the third lap of the first heat as car was pulling Right all night long after that on and off.

But-when it was right-it was fast. so as bad a night as I had-I still think this set-up is good.

ALL Shocks-40 wt AE oil. Violet Springs

Front

Foam tire shock tower

Shocks second hole in on tower. Outside on arm.

Camber link bottom middle hole.

3-degree C-hubs. Arms flat.

Adj. sway bar at 30*

Plaid tires Sauced 1/3rd.

Rear

Shocks all the way out on tower, middle on arm.

Camber link was inside on hub, down on Roll Center bridge.

3-degree antidive.

Purple TIres sauced full.

Droop-Front and rear had enough uptravel to raise car about 2mm from ride height.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to try a new set-up for Foam tires.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #3530
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks RCINF. couldn't remember.

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 AM   #3531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

rayhuang, thanks for the setup. That's almost what I had, springs are a little different. Question, do you run the spring steel diffs or axles in your car??? If so why, are they lighter???
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 AM   #3532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

TEacher,

Also-this set-up is for a track without any sweepers per se. Its all faster-sharper corners needing a lot of turn in and transition speed. If your track is more wide-open-try 6-degree C-hubs (like if its pushing on corner exit) and also take out the rear antidive if its also squaring up too hard on exit. Its all a balancing game of getting the turn in you want and the on-power steering you need at the end.

I am not currently running the spring steel diffs. I was told its a good thing because the outdrives wont wear out. NO performance gain really-just durability.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 09:39 AM   #3533
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ICEMAN
thanks RCINF. couldn't remember.
No worries. The new IDR does make the gearing more friendlier as far as not using so large a pinion. The added performance gain is the belts don't turn at such a sharp angle inherently causing drag. The new pulleys allow the drive train to freely move more so than the stock pulleys. The belts are a welcomed addition as well. There is less material, and a bit softer yet keeping it's strength with it being kevlar reinforced. The only modification I had to do was rotate the eccentric bearing hubs causing the belt to be tightened.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:15 PM   #3534
Tech Adept

Default T1R Electronics Space

How is electronics space on the T1R? Do you have to have smaller electronics to fit the chassis? (maybe owners could tell me what they use)

Thanks
aviaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 01:19 PM   #3535
Tech Elite

Default Re: T1R Electronics Space

Quote:
Originally posted by aviaar
How is electronics space on the T1R? Do you have to have smaller electronics to fit the chassis? (maybe owners could tell me what they use)

Thanks
Space is a little bit of an issue. But with today's micro electronics, it shouldn't be any problem. I run the Quantum Competition speedo with three caps, and an Airtronics micro receiver. I had to stand up the receiver, but other than that everything fit into the allotted space.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #3536
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho
Default T1R space

I personally run an airtronics 2 chanel recever and a GM V12 speedo and it fits perfectly. In the other hand I have a frined that runs an old LRP SR and he had to stand up his recever.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #3537
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
No worries. The new IDR does make the gearing more friendlier as far as not using so large a pinion. The added performance gain is the belts don't turn at such a sharp angle inherently causing drag. The new pulleys allow the drive train to freely move more so than the stock pulleys. The belts are a welcomed addition as well. There is less material, and a bit softer yet keeping it's strength with it being kevlar reinforced. The only modification I had to do was rotate the eccentric bearing hubs causing the belt to be tightened.
hi RCInfinity,
are the new pulleys available to the public now? if so, where can it be purchased? any online shops u know of selling them now? thanks.

alan.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:48 PM   #3538
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by alana07
hi RCInfinity,
are the new pulleys available to the public now? if so, where can it be purchased? any online shops u know of selling them now? thanks.

alan.
Hi Alan

The new pulleys are now in production. Depending on your distributor, some countries have them already. However, we here in the US do not yet have them. I don't know of any online stores stocking them just yet.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:50 AM   #3539
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Alan

The new pulleys are now in production. Depending on your distributor, some countries have them already. However, we here in the US do not yet have them. I don't know of any online stores stocking them just yet.
thanks alot pal. well guess i'll just have to wait quite sometime as the supplies reach singapore quite slow.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:54 AM   #3540
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Alan

btw, any part number available onthe new pullies? thanks.

alan