R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-27-2003, 11:43 AM   #3511
Tech Elite

Jilles, Jurai and Martin were running new prototype short suspension arms with the pin on the outside of the bulkheads instead of the standard mounting positions. The arms themselves are shorter to keep within the 190mm limit. All Xray drivers were running the new pulleys and belts. I have to admit the pulleys definitely frees up the drivetrain along with the softer and smaller belt.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #3512
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Neil,

Front and rear arms or just rear arms have this new geometry?? My new rear belt should be comin soon!!! Cannot wait for the pulleys too!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:52 AM   #3513
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Neil,

Front and rear arms or just rear arms have this new geometry?? My new rear belt should be comin soon!!! Cannot wait for the pulleys too!!!
Hi Ray

Good question, since they are still experimenting, the new arms aren't new, they are the standard c-hub arms redrilled and mounted with the blocks on the outside of the bulkheads. Position and angle of the pins are unknown to me, but it was developed mainly for short technical tracks more commonly found in the US. The Europeans are use to large sweeping tracks similar to those found in gas racing, so when the c-hubs were developed, they were tuned to just that. The shorter arms will definitely allow the car to roll more carving a nice line through a turn.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #3514
Tech Regular

Default Special Notice

Hey Guys,

Just so you know. For the next couple of days. I will be liquidating my inventories of parts on Ebay. They will be priced at my cost or below. Another reason is to prevent any further conflict of interests with distributors and shops. All parts must go so I can make room and focus on other stuffs.

Don't loose out cause it ain't coming around again. The price should be roughly as to what the sponsored drivers are paying. I could be wrong but still the best prices out there only because I'm *OUT* of the XRAY scene once I clear my stuffs. A great chance to stock up on spares.

To the SERPENT USA guys, My apologies for not knowing earlier, but once I liquidate the parts, I will cease to compete with you. Peace...

Happy Racing!

Jim
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:59 AM   #3515
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Neil,

Oh and yes, they are front and rear arms.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:32 PM   #3516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ray,
I cant agree with you more. I ran my evo2 hybrid yesterday out door, and the car was awsome I spent most of the day dialing her in. but the third round of qualfing came around and the car was awsome! it was super consistant I could see what the car was gonna do before it did it! I cannot say enough about it! oh by the way qualified 3rd and took 1st A-main! the car rocked weehaaa im back on the band wagon. i have to order that belt soon.
sounds like jimmy is having issues!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #3517
Tech Regular

RandyB,
Were you running C-hubs or PB? Care to post your setup?

-H
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #3518
Tech Master

c-hubs
cant remeber it all but I will post tonight when I get home. the car had awsome straight line excell and was just a tad loose in the rear but it was predictable and controlable I could actually pitch the car sideways into a corner without scrubbing too much speed. I never had a car that you could do that sort of thing time and time again and have the smae outcome
Old 05-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #3519
Tech Elite

Default Re: results at Reedy

Quote:
Originally posted by TRL
Just wondering how the x-rays guys made out from the pics it looks like not any X-rays(could be wrong).Was there problems with the cars or just a bad weekend??I would of thought they would have been strong!
Hi TRL

We all had some form of setup issue. The Tamiya track changes drastically from the morning heats, to the late afternoon heats. Jilles finished 12th in the invitational, Andrew in 15th, Martin, Jered and Travis in the 20's somewhere. No one made the AAA main in either of the Open classes. The big winners were the locals who are familiar with the Tamiya track, and who own a Tamiya car. As you all well know, only Tamiya vehicles are allowed at the track. The Reedy Race is the only race where non-Tamiya cars are allowed to run.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:39 PM   #3520
Tech Master

any word when we may see the new pullies I want them!!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #3521
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

rayhuang, if you don't mind can you email me with your base setup for your hybrid car (setup for carpet with foams??? I have some other questions about this hybrid car on carpet also but I will save them for when/if you email me. My email is [email protected]

thanks
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 03:42 PM   #3522
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

RCInfinity: Where they using new mounts or just bolted the mounts to the outside of the bulkhead?
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 03:53 PM   #3523
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
RCInfinity: Where they using new mounts or just bolted the mounts to the outside of the bulkhead?
The mounts are the same bolted to the outside using new arms.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:56 PM   #3524
Tech Initiate

Have a look at this thread:
http://www.rcracechat.com/forum/inde...y;threadid=953
jonathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 04:45 PM   #3525
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if i'm not wrong don't the new pulley's change the ratio to 1.87 from 2.125???

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote