R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2003, 05:46 AM   #3391
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I'm running 64 pitch also. I was running 48 pitch last season in outdoor than switched over fully to 64 pitch for carpet racing and outdoor. Last sunday I was running a 120/38 for a 6.71 with a monster stock! It was a very fast track with 95% of the time you were on full throttle. Some stock guys were running a rollout close to 6.2
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:36 AM   #3392
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Im also running 64P but only because I had the pinions If not I would have been running 48P.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #3393
Tech Regular

Default Rule of thumb

Just wanted to add my .02 centavo,

Outdoors: 48 pitch,

Indoors: 48 or 64 pitch.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:35 PM   #3394
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

I run 64 pitch because I am obsessed with rollout. If they made 128 pitch I'd run it!! j/k

Raced my evo2 this week with good results. Made changes to it like solid top deck, roll center mod in back and shorter wheelbase. Also concentrated on freeing it up in corners now that it handles so well (so good its boring to drive its so easy).

The trick was to free it up, but not make it loose. Theres a fast straight that leads into a tight chicane and if cars loose-you chase your tail from beginning to end of it and lose a lots of time.

Heres a pic of our last layout (tore it down Tuesday). Sad-it was very demanding to drive, but flowed well. We are paitning every board, relaying the carpet and building new rounded corner pieces!!!

Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033003whole1small.jpg (12.2 KB, 220 views)
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:24 PM   #3395
Tech Elite

Here's a pic of my car from last weekend coming around the corner. I loved this banked track, 2/3 you're screaming around the banked oval than you shoot into a few turns in the infield. Very fast track with great traction. Car handled like a dream though I wasn't fast enough on the top end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myxray.jpg (70.8 KB, 152 views)
Old 05-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #3396
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

rayhuang

What do you mean by roll center mod?
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #3397
Tech Regular

Hey guys, and gals!

How all ya doing? Well, I'm doing good. My Evo 2 is off the hook now, I had been doing all kinds of testing with these car and boy, I had been improving on my lap times. In the past 2 weeks, I'm able to knock off 2 sec. of my laps, and still improving.

To my collection, T1 (2) one of them is mint in a box with the Hudy bonus stuff, Evo 2, Evo 2 (2003 edition), T1R. I'm enjoying this car even more.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:23 PM   #3398
Tech Champion

pucho-Thats the aluminum piece that gives you a longer camber link or a more inboard inner mouting position. I went with inside hoe on hub and bottom hole on roll center bar. basically my car was loose with shocks stood up in the tight stuff, but really good in the bigger turns. SO I wanted to create more lateral grip in the back in the slow corners, but keep the car free. So I expermented and found that a long llink, but more to inside was just what I needed. Stable, but free!! yahooo!! Gotta love all the stuff you can try on this car.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:13 PM   #3399
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to -CriMinaL- |RC Send a message via Yahoo to -CriMinaL- |RC
Default ROLL CENTER

Is the aluminium roll center piece any good / worth getting ?

can u notice much of a difference?
-CriMinaL- |RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:22 AM   #3400
Tech Adept

The rear roll-centre bridge is the best option part you can buy. It really makes the car attack the entry to the corners and allows you to carry a lot more corner speed.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:24 AM   #3401
Tech Champion

Default Rear Roll Cneter Bridge

Yup-what university dave said. Makes car feel planted so you can really drive HARD into corner without worrying about car getting tail happy and also carries great speed in bigger sweepers.

My car last race was so good entering corners I almost rear ended a couple guys in the heats and mains diving for the apex. I just lifted about 1/2 throttle for a split second, picked my turn in point and just pulled th trigger and steered it to and through the corners about a cm off the flapper. NO muss, no fuss!!! I actually did rear end my buddy Pete and shot him across the track!! It was unintentional-but it was funny as he just yelled out "Is that Ray-I'm not gonna let you pass " then POW-hit him square and sent him flying. I thought to myself "Well-thats not gonna look good!!!" hahaha!!! But he had parked it compared to my car which just flew through that corner.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:44 AM   #3402
Tech Elite

Anyone here replace their bearings with Boca bearings? Some of mine won't come smooth so I thought about replacing the lot with boca double ultra sealed bearings. Carbide is just a bit too expensive, trying to keep it around the 100-120 dollar range for a set for the xray evo II. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:53 AM   #3403
Tech Adept

Can you guys tell me what positions for roll center you have in the rear.
ALSO, does anyone know the settings for Socal using the C hubs? I asked once but was told to look somewhere else, a link or something would be great.

THanks!
ronvdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #3404
Tech Elite

www.mytsn.com has a lot of setups under the xray.

On another note, I think I might try out Acer bearings rather than Boca.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:24 PM   #3405
Tech Elite

I'm thinking about the Acer Ceramic Nitride bearings. The price is a bit much though.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote