R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2001, 09:17 AM   #316
Tech Apprentice

I'm familiar with the washer and I do tighten well. I have broken my share of nut and bolts and screws in my life. I have used many the yoke and serpent wheels and I think that they don't lock as well as a lock nut. the lock nut you can change when the nylon gives up.

What do you do to limit up travel on the T-1? I have the droop screws for the lower travel, but nothing to stop bottoming of the chassis.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 09:54 AM   #317
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

The Locktite should have done the job for you. Have you tried lock washers? I have never tried or seen the Serpent and Yok wheels. I use Sorex and Ofna dish wheels.

As for limiting the shocks upward travel, I have used o-rings as bumpers but find that increasing the rebound is the best.
Old 11-20-2001, 05:07 PM   #318
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner
Default Uptravel

I don't know of many people that take the time to limit uptravel but you can use a piece of fuel tubing on your shock shafts to stop them based on the length you cut the tubing at.

Question: Have any of you guys gotten the Spring steel hub axle with the holes drilled in the hex? They say it has a lifetime warranty on that part in the mags. I'd imagine they are a bit heavier than the aluminum ones that come with the car.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 09:47 PM   #319
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo
Default Re: Uptravel

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Kurschner
Question: Have any of you guys gotten the Spring steel hub axle with the holes drilled in the hex? They say it has a lifetime warranty on that part in the mags. I'd imagine they are a bit heavier than the aluminum ones that come with the car.

I have not given them much thought actually. I am happy with the aluminum. It sure is a sharp looking hub.

Try Atomic Hobbies.

Last edited by RCCadet; 11-21-2001 at 03:40 PM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 09:50 AM   #320
Tech Adept

Default Steel Axle Value

I think the reason they came out with them is due to something I saw in the literature that came with the car. They talk about a hard crash where you break the front upright because it was overtraveled from impact. They talk about how the bearing can get caught on the axle. So I'm assuming the upgrade is for people that have experienced the axle mis-shaping from a crash and not wanting to deal with that. Although I haven't heard people complain about that very much.

I also see that they have come out with an additional upper deck with a balljoint linkage for added chassis flex. I would assume that's aimed more towards rubber tire setups. Schumacher, Yokomo, HPI, and some other chassis designers intentionally put some flex in the chassis because they believe it makes cars more stable and carries more corner speed in some situations. On the other hand, Losi and AE have gone the other way making their chassis very stiff with Losi being the stiffest. I haven't had enought track time with the XRay yet to think about chassis flex but I'm interested in people's experience with this optional part and how well it works
Old 11-21-2001, 11:59 PM   #321
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

As a Schumacher driver I can tell you that I've experimented with all kinds of chassis set-ups and I can tell you the following:
1. A more flexible chassis sure makes it more stable to drive.
2. A more flexible chassis makes a car fell lasy in high grip tracks like carpet.
3. A more flexible chassis for sure does NOT carry more corner speed.
4. A stiffer chassis is more aggressive and less forgiving to drive.
5. A stiffer chassis rolls much better on corners without scrubbing the speed away.
6. A stiff chassis is more critical to set up.

Averyone is allowed to disagree.
BR/ JesseT
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 06:41 PM   #322
Joe
Tech Regular

Has anyone gotten the new aluminum roll bridge yet? I got mine but I haven't been able to drive my car lately, and racing ends in October here. What are your experiences with it?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 11:18 AM   #323
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Has anyone gotten the new aluminum roll bridge yet? I got mine but I haven't been able to drive my car lately, and racing ends in October here. What are your experiences with it?
Where did you get your roll-center bridge from?
Old 11-23-2001, 04:11 PM   #324
Joe
Tech Regular

RC Cadet-I actually bought it at my LHS, Hobbytown USA in Fort Collins, CO. It only costed $3.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:12 PM   #325
Tech Master

I race at a Hobbytown track every Saturday. I will place an order for it tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2001, 11:10 AM   #326
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe
RC Cadet-I actually bought it at my LHS, Hobbytown USA in Fort Collins, CO. It only costed $3.
US$3?? shouldnt be that cheap !!
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 06:26 PM   #327
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation Best place in the USA to get xray bits

Hi there i am new to these boards and need some help, i race a xray T1 accross the water in the UK but have a really big problem, i cannot get any of the new bits at all. I rang round some model shops the other day searching for the new belts and no where has them and they certainly dont have the new active caster blocks or the roll bridge for the rear! So can you tell me of a shop in the US that has most if not all of the new bits in for the T1? I really cud do with the new belts esspecialy as it will help with duration. Also have any of you guys got the new bulkheads yet? Basically at the moment my T1 is bone stock with not 1 hopup on it as i cannot get any! I can get spares but no new bits. Thanks very much, Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 11:02 AM   #328
Tech Adept

Default Best Place for X-Ray Bits

Here's where I have had success getting parts and hopups for my Xray. The car is new for me and I've already gotten most all of the hopups available for the car from 2 different hobby shops. The first is Atomic Hobbies in Florida. www.atomichobbies.com and the second is Rider's Hobbies in VA. They don't have a site but their number is 703-430-2202. Both of these places I just called up and they were helpful. Rider's has virtually every available part and optional part for the car in stock. Talk to a guy named buster and he will help you out.

Although this car doesn't need much for hopups but its so pretty, you just got to add some of them...hehe
Old 11-25-2001, 04:39 PM   #329
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for that m8 i will be ringing them in the near future. Do you have the new front and rear belt tensioning bulkheads? Thanks Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 05:35 PM   #330
Joe
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Thanks for that m8 i will be ringing them in the near future. Do you have the new front and rear belt tensioning bulkheads? Thanks Rick
Rick, the notched bulkheads haven't been released yet. Just to let you know.