R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #3031
Tech Regular

Default T1R

Just wanted to let you all know that the T1R's street price is around $ 250. But for the short time, I will be taking preorders for $ 239 + $12.00 Shipping & $ 3.00 insurance. Those who have dealt with me knows where to find me or you can PM me but best to email me directly. Items will be first come first serve. I have limited quantities only. Other U.S. distributors and dealers won't see it until the mid of April.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 01:43 PM   #3032
Tech Elite

Jimmy

Are you a hobby shop owner, distributor, or what?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 05:10 PM   #3033
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Jimmy

Are you a hobby shop owner, distributor, or what?
My boss actually owns a few hobby shops throughout Europe. Why?

Jimmy
Old 03-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #3034
Tech Adept

Default Re: Hello Everybody?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
I guess some of you might know me as the guy behind Team Fuku. I just wanted to show my appearance and say "HI" to ya'll.

Jimmy
Hi Jimmy, it's Franck from Montreal (small world isn't it!!)
didn't get my package yet, hopefully it'll turn out early this comming week. Can't wait to get my new parts
anywayz, nice to see that you hang out around here
later...

ps. if anyone need parts for their xray order from teamfuku, he's got lots of parts that are back ordered everywhere else, great prices and friendly person to deal with.
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 05:43 PM   #3035
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Hello Everybody?

Quote:
Originally posted by Elk666
Hi Jimmy, it's Franck from Montreal (small world isn't it!!)
didn't get my package yet, hopefully it'll turn out early this comming week. Can't wait to get my new parts
anywayz, nice to see that you hang out around here
later...

ps. if anyone need parts for their xray order from teamfuku, he's got lots of parts that are back ordered everywhere else, great prices and friendly person to deal with.
HeyFranck,

Got it sent out a few of days ago and you should be getting it sometimes next week. It's gonna be sweet! hehe..I just got on because I didn't know people knew me from here until someone mentioned that I was being talked about. LOL , So I was checking to see if my service needed any improvements. LOL

Yeah, hobby shops and dealers got lots of parts are backed ordered everywhere so that's why we started helping local XRAY drivers by getting the parts in from our shops in Europe. One of the reasons why we started this.

The story goes when I boss actually bought an XRAY last year and in the mid of setting up, he couldn't do it without the Special Turnbuckle Wrench. He then ordered it from the SOURCE along with $500+ worth of other parts. Two weeks later, he got the package and inside it, there was only a screwdriver (XRAYs don't use SCREWDRIVERS!) and a HUDY BIT but no lathe. LOL. He called and was put on hold then was told to call back because Mr. Burch was at a race somewhere and was told to call back again the following week, then was told they didn't know when they'll have the backordered parts and told him to call back in a month. To make the long story short, he was pissed so he then flew to Europe and bought out three hobby shops just so he can control his own parts and to help out the others who's in need. I think it's a great idea and he's even helping XRAY by doing this to keep XRAY alive in the US for all the disappointed owners. I've owned many cars including all the Yokes (use to raced with Masami a lot), AE and Kyoshos and landed with my XRAY and he picked me up and decided to offer me to help him run this so other XRAY owners don't have to go through what he went through, hence the name Team Fukuyama. Of course I chose that. LOL He's not in it to make a living so the prices are awesome and I get a decent paycheck.

Jimmy

P.S. To all XRAY owners, if you have any questions about parts, availabilties, set-ups, feel free to ask me. I'm not a team driver because I turned it down many times and not because I pretend to be one by wearing a team shirt, but I think I know enough to get you to the A-mains. Happy Racing!
Old 03-29-2003, 05:50 PM   #3036
Tech Regular

one thing I'd like to add:

Since this hobby has fallen from its peak quite a few years ago. The Local Hobby Shops are hurting and trying to make ends meet. In order for them to survive this trend, "Please Support Your Local Hobby Shops". Please check with them for parts before buying them online. They really need your help. Happy Racing!

Jimmy Fukuyama
Old 03-29-2003, 06:39 PM   #3037
Tech Adept

Jimmy check your pm
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 09:10 PM   #3038
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Elk666
Jimmy check your pm
got it, thanks.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:37 PM   #3039
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Hello Everybody?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
HeyFranck,

Got it sent out a few of days ago and you should be getting it sometimes next week. It's gonna be sweet! hehe..I just got on because I didn't know people knew me from here until someone mentioned that I was being talked about. LOL , So I was checking to see if my service needed any improvements. LOL

Yeah, hobby shops and dealers got lots of parts are backed ordered everywhere so that's why we started helping local XRAY drivers by getting the parts in from our shops in Europe. One of the reasons why we started this.

The story goes when I boss actually bought an XRAY last year and in the mid of setting up, he couldn't do it without the Special Turnbuckle Wrench. He then ordered it from the SOURCE along with $500+ worth of other parts. Two weeks later, he got the package and inside it, there was only a screwdriver (XRAYs don't use SCREWDRIVERS!) and a HUDY BIT but no lathe. LOL. He called and was put on hold then was told to call back because Mr. Burch was at a race somewhere and was told to call back again the following week, then was told they didn't know when they'll have the backordered parts and told him to call back in a month. To make the long story short, he was pissed so he then flew to Europe and bought out three hobby shops just so he can control his own parts and to help out the others who's in need. I think it's a great idea and he's even helping XRAY by doing this to keep XRAY alive in the US for all the disappointed owners. I've owned many cars including all the Yokes (use to raced with Masami a lot), AE and Kyoshos and landed with my XRAY and he picked me up and decided to offer me to help him run this so other XRAY owners don't have to go through what he went through, hence the name Team Fukuyama. Of course I chose that. LOL He's not in it to make a living so the prices are awesome and I get a decent paycheck.

Jimmy

P.S. To all XRAY owners, if you have any questions about parts, availabilties, set-ups, feel free to ask me. I'm not a team driver because I turned it down many times and not because I pretend to be one by wearing a team shirt, but I think I know enough to get you to the A-mains. Happy Racing!
Curious, who offered you to be a team driver for Xray?
Old 03-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #3040
Tech Adept

Default Team Fuku

I would like to add a glowing positive reference Jimmy. I have purchased many upgrades from him when the X shop was out, let alone my LHS. He offers a ton of great advice on setup and driving and I always get the items I order within 24 hours. I feel that he is a great support for Xray drivers and deserves absolute proper respect-I've gotten way more than my moneys worth and my Xray experience is much better because of his help.

BTW, I hear from a reliable source that his ability with the car would blow your mind!! Just my $.02.
ronvdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 12:14 AM   #3041
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Everybody?

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Curious, who offered you to be a team driver for Xray?
1. Its not XRAY
2. I'd like to keep that personal but its a Japanese R/C company.

I kind of sense you're not trying to be friendly here. I haven't hear much about you either so lets just keep it at that ok?. Besides, there's different levels of sponsored drivers including some that just gets lower cost parts and is being called a team driver while some are fully paid with a paycheck every month. Unlike Alex Lopez who just got signed on. (Congrats Alex!) I believe he's getting paid by XRAY. Its all cool. I'm not here to argue or demean anyone, nor am I here to take away anyone's respect for helping out other XRAY owners so if you feel offended, then excuse me for being me.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:02 AM   #3042
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't think that was hostility, I think he may have wanted to know what it takes to become a team racer....... But I have been wrong before.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:57 PM   #3043
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Aarggh-so close!!!

Well-I held TQ for a heat with my evo2 this Sunday!!!! I finally lost when my buddy borroewd the A-Main NAts driver's car, battery and motor!!! And not only that-he borrowed it twice!!! ONce for second heat and agin for third and it was flat dialed for third. Oh-well. But I did hold TQ for awhile and that felt good.

I ran in stock on foam tires and geared from 34/120 and 35/120 with 2.28 tires (.99 to 1.01 rollouts basically). I didnt feel I had the bottom end andmid-range speed. With a Monster HP motor and ~~90x50 roadcourse (13 sec laps) what are you guys rolling??
I didnt get to change set-ups because I also ran 12th scale on a low trnout day-only 30 entires But I feel car is really, really good and everyone that drove it really liked it.

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #3044
Tech Adept

i came in second in the a main at both my local tracks. I lost the first time cause i burned my motor out i was just fast in the curves. I practiced at that track alot. At this new track i came in second. It was my first time ever racing there. I felt real good, but there was this guy there that beat me consistently by 2 laps I don't want to suggest he was cheatin becaus he did drive well but its not like i was horrible. I had 2nd place held down pretty good but to get lapped by the first place winner makes me suspicion, but it doesn't matter cause i need to drive better anyways then i can maybe began to better recognize if its my driving or something suspicious going on.
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:14 PM   #3045
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I don't think that was hostility, I think he may have wanted to know what it takes to become a team racer....... But I have been wrong before.....
No hostility here, just curious.