R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2003, 10:25 AM   #2911
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Jeff-the Mission can teach you a lot because it has so many holes to put everything into!! ohh-that sounded bad didnt it??

Guys,

Are the arms used in the #30 0900 composite C-hub suspension kit the exact same arms as in the older Aluminum C-hub kit? Are they the same material or are they softer plastic?

I was going to order it as my "spares" for the suspension system. I hate to use Serpent and Cheap in the same sentence-but its "cheap" to buy!!!!

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:28 AM   #2912
Tech Apprentice

Default THRUST WASHERS

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PART NUMBER OR KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE THRUST WASHERS FOR THE DIFF'S?
SPACEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:38 AM   #2913
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ray, no problem on the set up. It was passed on to me

This should help on your other question:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf suspension_table.pdf (26.4 KB, 188 views)
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #2914
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Jason,

Thanks again!!! What an awesome resource for part numbers and tuning. I ordered the 300900 kit today. I'll weigh my car when its built and see how close it is to 50oz. without transponder and if its heavy-I'll start to throw all the composite goodies on it to lighten it up.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:47 PM   #2915
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
There have only been 5 sets made thus far. It does change the drive ratio from 2.15 to 1.77. The layshaft pully is 2 teeth bigger and the diff pulleys are 2 teeth smaller I believe. They were made by someone over seas for Hudy to test with. Currently they are testing differnt sizes to see what the optimum drive ratio would be. By making the layshft pulley bigger you increase the wrap of the belt therefor making it turn easier because the belt isnt at as sharp an angle. Once they decide on the final sizes it will take about 45 days to make it over here.
I have had a set of these since the evo 2 became available and can tell you that there are far more than 5 sets in circulation. They originate from the UK and were made for the UK importer Center Point. Just cause they have only just filtered through to the US dont mean there are only 5 sets! I believe they are now possibly for sale on general reliese in the UK with a street price of 50. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:52 PM   #2916
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I have had a set of these since the evo 2 became available and can tell you that there are far more than 5 sets in circulation. They originate from the UK and were made for the UK importer Center Point. Just cause they have only just filtered through to the US dont mean there are only 5 sets! I believe they are now possibly for sale on general reliese in the UK with a street price of 50. Rick
I was just quoting what I was told by Ralph Burch. What I posted were his exact words. Maybe the people you are talking about are making some too. I would be curious to find out and get some of them. Do they have a website?

eric a
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #2917
Tech Elite

That's interesting about the pulleys and new drive ratio. Must be a R&D thing.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 08:05 PM   #2918
Tech Adept

i've been trying to figure this out for hte longest. Why are c-hubs better than pivot ball. I find the pivot ball to be just fine. Every x-ray i see has c-hubs. First x-ray comes out with the $170 aluminum c-hubs, then they update the x-ray to 2003 edition with composite c-hubs and now they sell seperate c-hub conversion thats half the car. Is this an option or did x-ray make a mistake withe pivot ball. Is the c-hub that much better. I race carpet with highbite. Some tight and some sweepers.

p.s. the x-ray is built like a bullet. My bro has a XXX-S graphite and breaks stuff ever time he scratches or grazes the wall. Some thimes make the driver srtand shake and only have broke 3 arms in 3 months of racing
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 08:19 PM   #2919
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the xray is a european car so when they designed it with the huge euro asphault tracks in mind( where pillow ball is better suited). im sure there are more guys on this board that could give you more insight than i can lol. i havnt tried my xray with c-hubs on carpet yet but i dont run it that much. but i do know that for carpet i prefer c-hub cars. the pillow ball xray is smoother than my tc3 but doesnt have the mid corner steering and agresivness that my tc3 has.

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:03 AM   #2920
Tech Regular

Default Re: THRUST WASHERS

Quote:
Originally posted by SPACEBOY
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PART NUMBER OR KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE THRUST WASHERS FOR THE DIFF'S?
Here is the part #309070
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #2921
Tech Apprentice

hey neil here are the links i told you about.

http://http://www.kmaynespaint.com

and for the iron

http://www.web-tronics.com/cispdeesdsas.html
jayco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 10:12 AM   #2922
Tech Elite

Hi Jason

Got it. Just made an order. Thanks. Will you be at the track on Tues?
Old 03-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #2923
Tech Adept

Default SoCal Xray setup-Stock Racing

This question is for any Xray drivers who have experience at SoCal RC Raceway. I am curious if Pivot Ball is preferred over C-Hub. I have the C hub conversion but have not used it yet because I am quite happy with my setup now and don't want to go through the whole change to find out I don't like it. The few people that I know that have tried it have had problems and I wonder if it is the C Hubs or their setup. Thanks for any feedback!

Ron.
ronvdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:13 AM   #2924
Tech Elite

Default Re: SoCal Xray setup-Stock Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by ronvdp
This question is for any Xray drivers who have experience at SoCal RC Raceway. I am curious if Pivot Ball is preferred over C-Hub. I have the C hub conversion but have not used it yet because I am quite happy with my setup now and don't want to go through the whole change to find out I don't like it. The few people that I know that have tried it have had problems and I wonder if it is the C Hubs or their setup. Thanks for any feedback!

Ron.
Hi Ron

There is a SoCal Raceway thread in the Racing Forum that can better answer your question. The majority racers still use the PB suspension simply because the cost of the C-hub conversion is beyond their budget. However, those who own the C-hub conversion swear by it.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #2925
Tech Apprentice

neil i hope to be there on tue. but once again it all depends on ups..........
jayco76 is offline   Reply With Quote