R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #2836
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah, but if you read the email. It said you buy the upgrade to get to the v2003 level of the evo2. The evo2 kit will now come with both suspension setups in composite. You will not be able to get the evo2 kit without anymore, unless they are the old v2002 kits

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 05:50 AM   #2837
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to redsand

Zup guys,

is there a better way to clean the front one-way bearing ?
the thing is, the front left axle spins longer than the other one.could it be the one-way bearing causing it ? i've checked the steering block bearings, and they seem to be fine.

anyone using the spring steel wheel axles ?
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 08:34 AM   #2838
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've told you guys all along that the 2003 version has both suspension options. That is the kit that I have...

Anyways I raced my xray last night for the first time. I ran Mod. All I can say is damn it was fast, almost too fast for the track layout last night. The drivetran is soooo smooth. I could'nt get the car to slow down enough. It would coast all the way down the straights almost. I'm a drag brake person and I can't use the trigger for breaking very well. So I'm going to make the xray my rubber stock car for next week. The setup I used was pretty close, but since I'll be switching I'll have to change it around. So I'm very pleased with the car and my TC3 will be sold here shortly. That car is a piece, compared to the xray IMO.

What is the part number for the spring steel hex hubs you guys were talking about? I know you said something about getting rear only or something, because the front is not needed. I'll be selling my TC3, so I'll be buying parts for the xray. Anything you guys suggest. I think I'll be getting a spring package and a roll center bridge for sure.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:05 AM   #2839
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

welcome yet another xray convert!

glad the car ran so well for you. I like everything about the xray, from the way its built, free drivetrain, quality of the parts on and for the car....this list could go on and on. The Xray Evo2 is the best built car in R/C today without a doubt.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #2840
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
I've told you guys all along that the 2003 version has both suspension options. That is the kit that I have...

Anyways I raced my xray last night for the first time. I ran Mod. All I can say is damn it was fast, almost too fast for the track layout last night. The drivetran is soooo smooth. I could'nt get the car to slow down enough. It would coast all the way down the straights almost. I'm a drag brake person and I can't use the trigger for breaking very well. So I'm going to make the xray my rubber stock car for next week. The setup I used was pretty close, but since I'll be switching I'll have to change it around. So I'm very pleased with the car and my TC3 will be sold here shortly. That car is a piece, compared to the xray IMO.

What is the part number for the spring steel hex hubs you guys were talking about? I know you said something about getting rear only or something, because the front is not needed. I'll be selling my TC3, so I'll be buying parts for the xray. Anything you guys suggest. I think I'll be getting a spring package and a roll center bridge for sure.

The part # 30 5215, Wheel Axle Front. You do not need the rear, here's the part # 30 5315, Wheel Axle Rear.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:31 AM   #2841
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
Zup guys,

anyone using the spring steel wheel axles ?
I'm using them, have no problem with them.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #2842
Tech Regular

Default Race Cancel

Hey RC Zombies, the race for RCCar is cancel, due to weather. They will hold the race next week. But my friend is checking out the track in Gilroy, (Indoor Carpet), I do not know exactly where, I think it's Hobbyworld is setting it up. If you do some checking you should be able to find out. I'm more likely to go tomorrow to race, racing starts at 10:30 AM

Update of Gilroy, the address is 6901 Monterey Road.

Here's the link for address:
www.hobby-world.com/gilroy/hours.htm

Hope to see you there.

Last edited by milf; 03-15-2003 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:07 AM   #2843
Tech Elite

It's amazing that Xray will so much for its cars and drivers. Besides the composite parts, maybe tools next time.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 05:38 PM   #2844
Tech Master

But don't you need to run the rear hex, in the front when you run the c hub?
Old 03-15-2003, 06:47 PM   #2845
Tech Elite

Quote:
But don't you need to run the rear hex, in the front when you run the c hub?
Yes, you need to run the larger rear hex hub in the front.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:17 PM   #2846
Tech Master

ok, but if I run the PB suspension I would need both correct?
Old 03-15-2003, 07:35 PM   #2847
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AssociatedRacer

RCInfinity, I was really thinking about getting the Raycer. Is it as good of a car as the Evo, and will I need to buy anyupgrade parts for racing at socal? Also, how does it do in the stock class?
AssociatedRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 07:44 PM   #2848
Tech Elite

Quote:
ok, but if I run the PB suspension I would need both correct?
If you run the PB suspension, the kit uses the larger hex hubs in the rear, and the smaller hex hubs in the front. You don't need another set of larger hex hubs. If and when you decide to go to the c-hub suspension, the larger hex hubs will be needed in the front c-hubs. The larger hex hubs are supplied with the conversion kit.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:48 PM   #2849
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by AssociatedRacer
RCInfinity, I was really thinking about getting the Raycer. Is it as good of a car as the Evo, and will I need to buy anyupgrade parts for racing at socal? Also, how does it do in the stock class?
The T1R will definitely be as competitive as the Evo2. In fact, the European drivers are driving the T1R at all the big races in Europe. You won't need to get extra parts to make it competitive. It will also be very affordable! Let me know if you need help or want to talk. I usually pit near the frequency clips wearing an Xray shirt.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:58 AM   #2850
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Not the rite place to put this but it's informative.I called to see if raycer was really cheap or just rumored.WOW!that thing is cheap.We at our store will be getting one soon.Can't wait to get me hands on one.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote