R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #2761
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Correct you need rear outdrives for both the front and rear of the c-hubs.

Dont worry though, you do not need steel hubs in the rear, use them in front only as they only help you in a crash where the alloy ones can bend, plus the alloy ones are also lighter
Old 03-07-2003, 05:48 PM   #2762
Tech Elite

Looks like Burch is sitting 9th at the nats. Hopefully he'll move up.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 09:14 PM   #2763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo
Default Re: question to the god of xray

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
I picked up the spring steel hubs. One set of rears and on set of fronts. It looks like with the c-hub conversion, I really need 2 sets of rears. Is that true?

thanks
That is correct, front and rear use 22mm hex hubs. I thought I mentioned it a few pages back and/or over the cell.....oh well. If you ever change to PB, you have the shorter SS hex hubs.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:50 AM   #2764
Tech Elite

Xray had a pretty good showing at the carpet nats. Qual'd 2nd in the b main. We'll see tomorrow after the mains.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #2765
Tech Regular

I'm going to be getting a Xray Evo2 from Hauntedmyst. But my friend says that they suck on carpet. What is a good setup for a tight carpet track?
TC racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #2766
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

TC Racer-I dont own a EVO2 yet-but I can tell you your friend is not correct. Heres one example. At the USTC race in Ciincinnati a few eeks ago-Junior Norton running a X-Ray EVO2 on a super tight and technical Ozite track on foam tires went almost a lap faster than the 2003 ROAR NAts Champion who was running a TC3!!!! Junior was runnig Masters Sedan and Chuck stock sedan-but its no matter-same track-same handout motor. So the EVO2 is fast as can be on tight Ozite tracks. Sorry-cannot help you on the set-up side....
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:57 AM   #2767
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TC racer... the EVO2 is awesome on carpet!

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:36 PM   #2768
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

The EVO2 is not all that on carpet. To make it really good on Carpet with Foam you need to do just one thing..Buy the Solid Graphite Top Deck for the car and that will make it great on the Carpet. The semi-flex Deck makes it twist to much. If you look at the X-Rays at the carpet nats all of them had the solid top deck. That is all you need to do. If you want to mess with your setup and change a lot of things to make it work on carpet with the flex deck then go for it. I would just buy that one thing. Also what a lot of the X-Ray drivers here did was go back to the original Chassis. That helped a lot too. I talked to Mr Hudy at the snowbirds and he said they don't make the original chassis anymore so if you find one you should get it. The other option he mentioned to me was to buy the new T1R Chassis and use the Graphite Upper Deck.... he showed me one with the graphite upperdeck and that thing would not twist.

The other thing for the EVO2 is to get the C-Hub conversion. that is a must for Carpet racing. The Pillow ball is great for outdoor or Rubber Tires on Carpet.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #2769
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson
Default Xray spring sets

How many of you have both spring sets?
I have both spring sets so, rather than looking at two different charts for spring rates, I made them into one nice and easy chart. Enjoy!

BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #2770
Tech Master

I was just typing my own today! I needed a chart to compare them to my associated springs.

When you guys are measuring your droop on the front do you measure using the arm or by C hub? I'm using my associated droop tool, so I can't do it like they have it in the book. I don't know to use the arm or the bottom of the C hub to use the measurement.

Also is there a way to change the toe in on the rear of the car using the C hubs without buying new arms. Like changing the piece that holds the arms and the bulks together.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #2771
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
I was just typing my own today! I needed a chart to compare them to my associated springs.

When you guys are measuring your droop on the front do you measure using the arm or by C hub? I'm using my associated droop tool, so I can't do it like they have it in the book. I don't know to use the arm or the bottom of the C hub to use the measurement.

Also is there a way to change the toe in on the rear of the car using the C hubs without buying new arms. Like changing the piece that holds the arms and the bulks together.
Scrad,

kewl glad you liked the spring sheet! I measure my droop just like the setup guide says. I measure front and rear droop by the bottom of the c-hub front and back.

Yes you can change the rear toe by inserting different size clips to the front of the rear hingepin on the car. If you look in the setup book I think it shows how you can do this

hope this helps
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:35 PM   #2772
Tech Elite

I wonder if there is a way to change track widths on the c-hubs without changing the pivot points (hinge pins) positions.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #2773
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

If you wanted to run a narrow track width, shim the holders. Wider.....well that will require a bit of sanding....1 mm max.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #2774
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

To run a wider track...use 3mm offset wheels..you can use 200mm bodies.
Narrow setup is easier..add the spacers to each side of the arm mounts...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:55 PM   #2775
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
If you wanted to run a narrow track width, shim the holders. Wider.....well that will require a bit of sanding....1 mm max.
If you do that, you will change the pivot points of the arms on the chasis, that is not what you should do considering the engineering that went into the design and placement of the pins. I guess that only way I see is to manufacter shorter arms, I wonder if I could convince Mario Hudy.