R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2003, 02:33 PM   #2716
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Ray-

The Racer has everything the EVO2 has and is better because of the C-Hub Suspension for Carpet racing. Why spend $500 for a EVO2 and C-Hub when you can get the $230 Racer. The only difference is the Tub Chassis and towers and Brace. The Composite C-Hubs have been tested since the beginning along side the Aluminum C-Hub here in Virginia and they are good....actually better then the Aluminum.. The guy that tested them has not broke one yet and all of us that had the aluminum have either Broken them or bent the hell out of them. Other thing you get is the Light Weight Mid Layshaft. Front Bumper Brace.

Only upgrade I see that may be needed for the car is the Solid Graphite Upper Deck. All of us around here that Have the EVO2 went back to the T1 Chassis and Upper Deck for Carpet Racing with Foam Tires. The EVO2 Chassis Flexes without the Solid Upper Deck.

You get the same Diff's, Bulkheads, Belts, Bearings, Shocks, Screws, as you do with the EVO2 but none of the Graphite stuff. I broke right off the bat the front Graphite Bumper Brace and the Rear Swiss Cheese Shock Tower.

As soon as the T1R is released I am dumping the TC3 for it. Everyone says this car is a sports car for the bashers... I guess they like throwing money down the drain. Like Mr Hudy Said at the Snowbirds...this will be the car to use on Carpet. Everything for the EVO2 can be put on the T1R so if you want all the Graphite Towers and so forth you can add them... and the best thing is that with that stuff added you still will not be higher then the price of a new EVO2
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:10 PM   #2717
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just got my Freedom chassis today. C hub and pillow ball suspsnsion kit. It looks very cool. I'll be putting it together tomorrow. I even got a turnbuckle wrench with the new kit. I'm just waiting to get into the vip room to get a setup for rubber tires on carpet. However I may just run mod with this car and keep running my TC3 in stock.

What do you guys think. Should I run the evo2 in stock with c hubs and rubber tires on carpet. Or would it work better to run mod with foams. I don't know if it would be too flexible with the upper deck to run mod foam.
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 03:15 PM   #2718
Tech Elite

Mod Foam Carpet definitly buy the solid graphite upper Deck. It will take all flex out of the chassis.

For Rubber on Carpet you want a little flew in the Chassis.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #2719
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have played around in mod foam with my evo2 and will probaly race mod with it more soon so i am going to get the solid upper deck, but i do you need to modify it at all to make it fit properly on the evo2? i thought i remembered reading somewhere you need to make the little key in the upperdeck for the steering assembly holder?

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 05:10 PM   #2720
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

This is what you need :: Upper Deck EVO 2 - 2.5mm Graphite - CNC Machined #301161
Old 03-04-2003, 05:30 PM   #2721
Tech Master

Well it sounds like it will work better if I run stock rubber, since the flex will help. I'm getting antsy to start building, but my girlfriend doesn't know I bought another car. So I have to do the building while she is at work tomorrow. She would kill me if she knew I bought another car, since I'm currently not working right now.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:38 PM   #2722
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrad
Well it sounds like it will work better if I run stock rubber, since the flex will help. I'm getting antsy to start building, but my girlfriend doesn't know I bought another car. So I have to do the building while she is at work tomorrow. She would kill me if she knew I bought another car, since I'm currently not working right now.
I understand how that goes...
My wife would kill me too...if she found out how much I spend...I just keep my old cars boxed up and the new one out...too her..they all look the same..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #2723
Tech Elite

Yes... to do the mod take your Chassis as a Guide and put the hole over the existing smaller hole and cut the same size and the little notch... make sure you do not enlarge the Chassis hole when you use it as a guide for the upper brace..... or actually you can use your other brace as a guide.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:15 PM   #2724
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
I understand how that goes...
My wife would kill me too...if she found out how much I spend...I just keep my old cars boxed up and the new one out...too her..they all look the same..
There seems to be a concensus on not telling the significant other about our passion for RC cars and racing.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:29 AM   #2725
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
There seems to be a concensus on not telling the significant other about our passion for RC cars and racing.
Strictly a need to know basis and most times they don't need to know!
wrxmy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:26 AM   #2726
Tech Regular

You guys got it tough! Mine gives the approval and knows that I have 2 cars and another on the way. Even the digital servos and esc's
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #2727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Is the part number for the 2003 EVO 2 kit still 300002? This being the kit with both the PB and the C-hubs included?
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #2728
Tech Master

My kit box says that it is the same (30 0002). It also comes with a impact front bumper instead of the carbon one.

I started putting it together today. Over all I like how things are adjustable and how everything fits, however as far as changing diffs and stuff it seems like it will be kind of a hassle. My only real gripe about the kit is the shocks do tend to suck. I'll post some pic's here in a few days after I get the body mounted and painted up.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #2729
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face

Oh boy... Serpent and XRay shock are among the best in this hobby!
Eddie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #2730
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie M
Oh boy... Serpent and XRay shock are among the best in this hobby!
I do like the way they are externally adjustable...but they do Leak!

Scrad...looking forward to your pics.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote