R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-03-2003, 10:05 PM   #2701
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

hey zombies,

ive looked thru there and didnt see where there is a basic c-hub setup avail. I see many racers who have entered theres, most for carpet, but none by the webmaster like the basic pivot ball setup listed on the last page.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:09 PM   #2702
Tech Elite

I just sent you an email with the stock c-hub setup.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #2703
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Thanks Neil!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #2704
Tech Elite

I sent you another e-mail with camber link and shock positions too.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #2705
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to g_bruin Send a message via Yahoo to g_bruin

RCInfinity,

Can you e-mail them to me too? I just got mine and want a good starting point.

thanks.
g_bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #2706
Tech Elite

g_bruin

I just PM you the stock c-hub setup.

good luck
Old 03-03-2003, 11:29 PM   #2707
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

TheISGroup :: Racing this weekend? Which track? Both? Your speedo should be in this week. Can't wait till I can get my A-arm from you. LMK if you want to try my Solid Diff.....it's very easy and fast to install.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:33 PM   #2708
Regional Moderator

rccadet,

what differences have you noticed by using the solid diff vs diffs front and rear? how does this effect the handling of the xray?
Old 03-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #2709
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Solid front diff (spool) gives tons of on power steering, but pushes like a dump truck off power. Your set up and driving will totally change to run a spool..........
Old 03-03-2003, 11:44 PM   #2710
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

If the rear is not tight, less droop, it tends to swing it out. I add weight to the rear of the car and use less droop. I am running Mod so that is why I add weight. In Stock I used the stock config in the front but with 0 droop and in the rear I have the Roll Center mod installed and use 2mm of droop with the shock on the tower at hole two and hole two on the arm.

The car is very twitchy I think but I like its sharp 'eye-blink' response. Entering turns is not a problem. If you touch the brakes when approaching/entering the turn it snaps to attention and drives right in. I have not had a problem with over/understeer yet. Had to tighten the rear diff a bit more.

I now have the Solid Layshaft installed and use the normal diff up front. Not as responsive right now. I hope to get my c-hub a-arm from TheISGroup and will try the solid layshaft and solid diff setup.

Last edited by RCCadet; 03-03-2003 at 11:47 PM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 11:48 PM   #2711
Tech Master

RBLove :: I've not experienced the push. I have while now running the PB in the front and c-hub in the rear but was able to tune that out.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:50 PM   #2712
Regional Moderator

I'd be very interested in hearing how the car performs for you rccadet as I too have the solid layshaft with a spool coming. What top plate are you running by the way? I tried the ultra flex this weeked and I liked how it allowed the car to "dive" into the turns.
Old 03-03-2003, 11:52 PM   #2713
Tech Master

Oh yeah, Ultra Flex top deck is what I use also. I was using the Flex deck and the car pushed with it, changed to the Ultra Flex and the car is now on rails.

With the PB installed up front, I use hole one on the tower, two on the arm, 1 mm droop, two valve holes in the shock. Normal essentric setting with the upper arm. The rear I use hole two on the tower, hole three on the arm, 3 mm droop, 4 valve holes, and the roll center mod.

Last edited by RCCadet; 03-03-2003 at 11:57 PM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:41 PM   #2714
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Two questions please.

Guys,

Can someone please give me a $$$ figure for a new X-Ray Evo with these options-LHS prices please-not full retail.

X-Ray Evo2
Rear roll center bridge
C-hub conversion front and rear.

Next question-is the Raycer a top-line race kit, but with a molded tub chassis-or is it a "Cheaper version" of the kit, lacking lots of the pieces that make the Evo such an awesome ride?

I am thinking a TUb chassis might be better suited for racing on carpet w/ foam tires!!

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:56 PM   #2715
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Two questions please.

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Guys,

Can someone please give me a $$$ figure for a new X-Ray Evo with these options-LHS prices please-not full retail.

X-Ray Evo2
Rear roll center bridge
C-hub conversion front and rear.

Next question-is the Raycer a top-line race kit, but with a molded tub chassis-or is it a "Cheaper version" of the kit, lacking lots of the pieces that make the Evo such an awesome ride?

I am thinking a TUb chassis might be better suited for racing on carpet w/ foam tires!!

Thanks,
Ray
Ray...

You can get the new 2003 Evo2 that comes with both Pillow Ball and C-hubs in one box...saw some on ebay selling for $350.00 thats only $30.00 more than a std Evo2 w/PB.

Rear bridge: $18.00 (less on Ebay)
C-hub Conversion kit: $170-180 (less on Ebay)

The Raycer is the sport version "cheaper version"
If you're doing some serious racing..get the EVO2.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote