R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2001, 12:04 PM   #256
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Funny thing happened the other day racing. I was running my car for the first time in a number of weeks and had to get used to it again. Anyhow, my first two qualifiers were pretty good but the car still seemed to be slower than I was used to. I changed my body from Accord to Stratus and the rear of the car loosened tremendously , after all loose is fast right. I decided this was better than before, so I dropped the shocks down a notch and went with it. Well now I was on pace with pack and would have finished high in the A but my qualifiers regulated me to the C. Will see about this weekend as I try a front one-way and rear sway bar.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 11:45 AM   #257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I will try my first Protoform Stratus body this weekend. The body served as a sampler for my first time air brushing anything. I do not like the detail so I am guessing that I need to run more than 40 PSI or finer nozzles.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:52 AM   #258
Tech Regular

Good luck to you both ( RCCadet, and Damo ) I'm also intrested in both of your setups too.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 11:56 AM   #259
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally posted by milf
Good luck to you both ( RCCadet, and Damo ) I'm also intrested in both of your setups too.
My set up is on my site at the bottom of my RC page.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:32 PM   #260
Tech Adept

Well I didn't make it out to the track the other day, but I am going for a test session today. We'll see how it goes. I am taking my Orion lap counter to compare times using a few different factors. I will test tires, one way pulley, and wheelbase today. Not enough time for full testing. Also this will be with a one-way up front the entire time. Does anyone know where to find the molded bulkhead bearing carriers? Also how did you guys let this thread slip to the 2nd page? No new news?

Last edited by damo; 11-06-2001 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #261
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

damo- What up fool? How long have you been running this car? I'm going to talk to Mo and see if everyone is going to make another Socal trip. This time we are going to bring all da homies. Dujuan will be up that way on vacation in about a week but if he were to try and bring any RC stuff he may be killed on site. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:52 PM   #262
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by damo
Also how did you guys let this thread slip to the 2nd page? No new news?
Sorry about letting this slip. I had an awesome weekend. My car was on rails. I had the trigger at full throttle 98 % of the time and the Takeoff WS-B tires never broke free! I finished fourth in the A-main and after temping the motor discovered that I could have easily gone up two teeth on the pinion.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:20 AM   #263
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

anybody tried the metal front upper arm mount? what setting you run and what is the result?

I run the max angel lean to the front and no kick up on lower a-arm. the car has smoother cornering characteristic.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 11:21 AM   #264
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
damo- What up fool? How long have you been running this car? I'm going to talk to Mo and see if everyone is going to make another Socal trip. This time we are going to bring all da homies. Dujuan will be up that way on vacation in about a week but if he were to try and bring any RC stuff he may be killed on site. I'll keep you posted.
I have been running this car only since it came out. I hope you guys can make it down.

Running the one-way was quite an experience. I didn't have the time to play with it like I would have liked though, so no official test results. I just reassembled the car and it spins going on throttle turning right. Maybe I need to check the center pulley. Anyhow, with the new belts, one-way pulley and front oneway, the damn car rolls forever. Difficult to judge initially. I only did one pack on this setup so no official results. I am going out again tomorrow, so I will test more extensively then.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:40 PM   #265
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
anybody tried the metal front upper arm mount? what setting you run and what is the result?

I run the max angel lean to the front and no kick up on lower a-arm. the car has smoother cornering characteristic.
The setting you indicated above is great but since then I've used the lowest (nearest to the chassis) setting. I like the aggressive and very responsive suspension. I had a blast this past weekend. I never let up on the trigger unless I was avoiding a backmarker.

I made the essentric pin holders myself, I did not want to wait for them.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:48 PM   #266
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet

The setting you indicated above is great but since then I've used the lowest (nearest to the chassis) setting. I like the aggressive and very responsive suspension. I had a blast this past weekend. I never let up on the trigger unless I was avoiding a backmarker.

I made the essentric pin holders myself, I did not want to wait for them.
do you still use kick up with your setting?
Old 11-07-2001, 08:58 PM   #267
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

do you still use kick up with your setting?

Yes, I left that setting alone. The track I race on is not perfectly flat but close to it.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:01 PM   #268
Tech Champion

Quote:

Yes, I left that setting alone. The track I race on is not perfectly flat but close to it.
how did you manage to drill the new holes on the plastic one ? unless you have a high precision machine to do that?
Old 11-07-2001, 09:42 PM   #269
Tech Master

I used my Dremel and one of the special bits it came with. It penetrated and discharged the plastic with little effort.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:44 PM   #270
Tech Champion

Quote:
I used my Dremel and one of the special bits it came with. It penetrated and discharged the plastic with little effort.
but how can you asure they come in asymmetical to each other with hand tool?