R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2001, 03:02 PM   #241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Thanks!!
Old 10-25-2001, 11:32 PM   #242
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
I had a C4 before and they are totally different even they look similar. The Xray is way superior in quality and much smarter designwise. performance is very consistant and very responsive to setting change.
I have to agree with Manticore. There was a long time lag between my C4 and Xray. By the time I got the Xray the C4 had been demoted to "display model" status! I have since even brought it down further to "sold" status!! Maybe someone out there is enjoying it right now!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 11:35 PM   #243
dtm
Tech Champion

Darkside. I also felt that the performance of the C4 was seriously hampered by the overweight Serpent arms. Have you noticed how light your car is before you put the A-arms on?! The Xray does not have this problem because the parts are siginifcantly lighter when compared to the C4. I only had the original C4 not the 4.1 so that made things even worse. Just my 2 cents!
Old 10-26-2001, 08:17 AM   #244
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Darkside. I also felt that the performance of the C4 was seriously hampered by the overweight Serpent arms. Have you noticed how light your car is before you put the A-arms on?! The Xray does not have this problem because the parts are siginifcantly lighter when compared to the C4. I only had the original C4 not the 4.1 so that made things even worse. Just my 2 cents!
the drawback of C4 which really pissed me off is the diff !! it has poorly designed with those o-rings. the small dogbone plastics are pain in the @ss to fit them in place.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 10:02 PM   #245
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
the drawback of C4 which really pissed me off is the diff !! it has poorly designed with those o-rings. the small dogbone plastics are pain in the @ss to fit them in place.
A drop of superglue and a 'bucket' of motor cleaner would have sorted out the O ring problem! and two dabs of assoicated black grease would have sorted out your dogbone problems! Its a good thing you run the Xray now, because neither of the problems exisits!!
Old 10-27-2001, 09:04 AM   #246
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

A drop of superglue and a 'bucket' of motor cleaner would have sorted out the O ring problem! and two dabs of assoicated black grease would have sorted out your dogbone problems! Its a good thing you run the Xray now, because neither of the problems exisits!!
Oh sh!t, you should tell me a year earlier.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 09:38 AM   #247
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

dtm: Yeah, the arms are thick! But, I gladly exchange the weight for the security of knowing I will never break an arm. The diffs have worked flawlessly for me so far. As long as you don't let the O-rings get any grease on them the diffs work perfectly. I have found a very reliable method of inserting the axle pins, so thats not really an issue either.

One thing that has not suffer though is the handling. If you haven't tried a Corally since the original C4, you might try the newest one sometime if someone at your track has one. Its really a good car.

Its good to see the Xray getting more widely distributed, maybe a couple of people around here will get one. We have a good selection of cars at our local track, but not many T1's.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:18 AM   #248
Tech Regular

Well i raced on Saturday there was big turn out, there was 2 groups of stock sedans, 3 novice stock, but i raced the sport sedans, 1st quailfing i finshed 5th, 2nd heat i was in 4th until my front right tire came off so i end up 8th position for the b-main, there was 10 drivers i was in the 8th spot, so going into the first turn i had pasted 4 cars, then i end up passing the other cars, i had 1st place then i gained 1/2 a lap on the other drivers, i helded it for a while until 1 min. left of the race i miss judge this turn and slam in to the wall and broke *eccentric pivot holders* and that was the end of my race, but even i broke those holders, i end up finshing 6th with 10 laps, best lap time was 14.5, broke my own lap time by 1 sec. , cool, heres my setup for the race

caster clip 3, & 2 in back and 1 in the front
camber front -.5 degree
toe front -1 degree
ride height 5 mm
camber rear -2 degree
toe rear -3 degree
downstops +1
anti-dive 3
anti squat 3
wheelbase 259 mm
track width 189 mm
shock piston front 3 opened
shock piston rear 4 opened
shock springs all 4 orange
shock oil - trinity 45 wt.
tires Yokomo 138 G
inserts Yokomo med.
rims Yokomo dish 0 off set
batteries Sanyo match 2400s in the 1 position ( rear )
Trinity P2K Pro stock
spur - 78
pinion - 34
oneway pulley - 10%
diffs front - med. tight
diffs rear - loose

that's it.
milf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:01 AM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

milf

can you confirm your spur/pinion sizes??
c-lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:08 AM   #250
Tech Regular

the spur is 78 tooth 48 pitch
the pinion is 34 tooth 48 pitch
Old 10-29-2001, 09:31 AM   #251
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Milf, why such a big pinion on a smaller spur? Just curious.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 09:42 AM   #252
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by damo
Milf, why such a big pinion on a smaller spur? Just curious.
Other racer at the track i race against don't care about their motors, and there passing me so i geared almost the same to either keep up or passing them just a bit.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:28 AM   #253
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner
Default Xray Availablility and Questions

Hey, do any of you guys know of a hobby supplier that has the Xray and plenty of spare parts in stock? If you could list either their website or name, I'd appreciate it.

Also, do any of you guys know if they have made shock towers that space the top shock mount locations farther out? It looks like a nice car but the shock towers appear to have the shocks leaned in too far. Was it the Griffith version of Corally that came out with different shock towers?
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 08:21 PM   #254
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally posted by milf

Other racer at the track i race against don't care about their motors, and there passing me so i geared almost the same to either keep up or passing them just a bit.

WOW!!!

That is a 4.875 FDR and a rollout of 41.22. I would not think of running that high.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:50 AM   #255
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dave, if you look at some of the previous posts in this thread you will see what you are looking for.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote