R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2003, 07:59 PM   #2491
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Besercoe
What is inline flow cooling system? as per the advertisement last line
Mario Hudy isn't giving up any secrets until the release of the new car.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:43 AM   #2492
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I don't think it is a secret. It's just an inherent feature from the design of the tub chassis.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #2493
Tech Adept

If you look at the chassis there is a ridge running down the middle of it getting higher the further aft it goes. I would imagine that this is not solid so should promote airflow towards the motor.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:01 PM   #2494
Tech Initiate

Talking Conversion?

Hi Guys, I just got an Xray T1 second hand, I am wondering what parts I need to convert it to the Evo2?
I got the supertune rear shock tower and am waiting for the front tower to come in, I also have the main chassis on order.
I cant fit the rear tower as I only have the standard shocks at the moment. I take it i need to order a set of Evo2 shocks and springs etc......? What is the difference between the Evo2 and the originals shocks?
Also can someone post a pic (closeup) of the way the shocks mount to the towers on the Evo2?
Thanks,
Big Pete.
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:03 PM   #2495
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think on the EVO2 you can internally change the dampening instead of changing pistons all the time. On the T1 it might be fixed.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:28 PM   #2496
Tech Apprentice

The difference between the T1 and EVO 2 shocks are in the length.
The EVO 2 shocks are all the same length, they have keyed pistons and they're made by Xray not serpent. With both types of shock you have the option of running fixed or adjustable pistons.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #2497
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
Mario Hudy isn't giving up any secrets until the release of the new car.
On the myTSN forum, he states that all details will be released on 14 Feb. However, he did agree with me regarding what the in-line flow cooling system. That it is a molded scoop or derivation of a scoop in the bottom tub to direct air towards the motor.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:08 PM   #2498
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

university_dave :: That is what I saw also. Pretty neat feature provided tiny debris isn't lifted off the track and sucked into the motor vent.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:05 AM   #2499
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info guys, the new evo shocks- how long are they in comparison to the T1's?
I think I will convert to the new evo shock towers and chassis
Anyone got any setup tips? I have been reading thro' this forum but its a lot of info to search!!
Cheers,
Pete.
Big Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:17 AM   #2500
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
university_dave :: That is what I saw also. Pretty neat feature provided tiny debris isn't lifted off the track and sucked into the motor vent.
They'll always be debris flowing in...just be sure to clean or brush after every qualifier.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:13 AM   #2501
Tech Master

Yeah I know, a motor shim kept me out of the A-main at the mud-bowl in Killeen and my car does not have the tunnel the new tub chassis has.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:51 PM   #2502
Tech Adept

Default Re: Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Pete

I cant fit the rear tower as I only have the standard shocks at the moment. I take it i need to order a set of Evo2 shocks and springs etc......? What is the difference between the Evo2 and the originals shocks?
No, you can fit the ultra-tune shock tower with the old serpent shocks. Use the top row of holes, that's what they are there for. The new shocks use either the middle or lower rows. So you don't have to order new shocks.
I know the new springs fit the rear shocks, and could probably fit the fronts too, but if not then the aluminium spring collets would definitely let them fit.
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #2503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202
which is betta?

which is the best for carpet racing...the Evo2, Graphite XXX-s , or the FT TC3??????????
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #2504
Tech Master

Default Re: which is betta?

Quote:
Originally posted by rdub202
which is the best for carpet racing...the Evo2, Graphite XXX-s , or the FT TC3??????????
Which car has the best support in your area? I feel the XRAY is the most durable kit of the three and very open for quick trackside adjustments. The other two kits may require a little more wrenching for some setting changes. I have owned TC3's and liked them very much so I would highly recommend AE. I only had a Losi for a few month and also enjoyed it.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:48 PM   #2505
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: which is betta?

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
Which car has the best support in your area? I feel the XRAY is the most durable kit of the three and very open for quick trackside adjustments. The other two kits may require a little more wrenching for some setting changes. I have owned TC3's and liked them very much so I would highly recommend AE. I only had a Losi for a few month and also enjoyed it.
I will vouch for the durability of the Xray. I had 2 big crashes this weekend on Asphalt. The second time after a major hit the car flipped and rolled a few times before landing back on its wheels and continueing flawlessly. This was at high speed (10Turn Mod) at the end of a long straight so it was no light touch. I must admit I was surprised, I expected something to be broken. The TA04R I hit popped a shockie and bent a Universal.

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote