R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #2026
Tech Regular

I posted a few more pics of the track here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...534#post195534

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Interesting.... maybe an 'Xray Cup' can be cool, like TCS races over the world.

The rules should be simple: All the equipment is allowed, but the car should be an Xray (uhm... that sounds me a little resembles.... a TC competition, but all cars were Xray).

P.S: Sweeet track, can be fine to see more of the track.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:50 PM   #2027
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mike5009
Default Re: X-RAY Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by twistert1
Where is everyone getting there parts now that Buster is gone? I tried the shop where he worked, but they were out of everything. Has anyone tried ordering X-Ray patrs online ? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Dave

TWISTER1 riders will be getting a stock order the first of the week. thier computer had a melt down and they could'ent get anything ordered for a month. then to top that off mike sampsell made a mistake on the order and that cause a delay. mike should have the parts up and running again this week i'm waiting on some stuff myself.
mike5009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:31 AM   #2028
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Caddzilla Send a message via AIM to Caddzilla Send a message via Yahoo to Caddzilla

Twister1, I get all my parts from www.mdiracing.com his shop is local for me. And he has a lot of parts in stock.
Caddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 11:43 AM   #2029
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default X-Ray Parts

Thanks for all the suggestions, I decided to try out the X-Ray online shop. Hopefully, all the parts will show up. Dave
twistert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 12:29 PM   #2030
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Thistle

Oops, I meant to type Ron, really I did!
Thanks for the corrections though.
Thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:51 PM   #2031
Tech Adept

Anyone have a baseline setup for a T1 on carpet? Just picked up a T1 and got no clue about how to set it up for carpet as opposed to asphalt.

Thanks

Chris
JohnnyRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:52 AM   #2032
Tech Adept

This is one I used on my T1 before I got the EVO2. I hope that it is both understandable and useful!!!

Transmission

Differentials

Front: Standard and tight
Rear: Tight

Drive Ratio

Pinion: 23
Spur: 93

Shocks

Front

Alu/Teflon bodies
Yellow springs
40wt oil
4 holes open

Rear

Plastic bodies
White springs
40wt oil
4 holes open

Anti Roll Bars

No front
No rear

Tyres

Front Pit Shimizu Wets (26mm) D20 compound
Rear Pit Shimizu Wets (26mm) D20 compound

Inserts: HPI yellow/red dot

Body

Protoform Dodge Stratus 190mm

Suspension Geometry

Front

Caster: 3 & 2 in front of arm
Anti-dive: 3 degrees
Ride height: 5mm
Upper shock position: 2
Lower shock position: 1
Toe in/out: 1 degree toe-out
Camber: 1 degree

Rear

Anti-squat: 3 degrees
Ride height: 5mm
Upper shock position: 2
Lower shock position: 1
Camber link position: 4
Toe in/out: 1.5 degree toe-in
Camber: 1 degree

Cell placement

Position 1
university_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:42 AM   #2033
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Great to see you here Chris, I hope you can make it to the La State Carpet race.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:42 AM   #2034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Ran my EV02 for the first time this weekend on carpet with foams. I used the full hub conversion the car was absolutely better than anything I have ever driven. I only ran stock since it was new, but the car was faster than anything else I could the same line lap for lap................

Rob Love
Old 10-28-2002, 12:38 PM   #2035
Tech Initiate

I posted a really fast carpet setup that uses the pillowball suspension for foams a few pages back. My car feels dialed. The car feels real agressive in the corners. I have the front ecentric holders and next time at the track I'm going to try a lower front roll center up front and see how the car feels entering and exiting corners.

Last edited by jesse370; 10-28-2002 at 12:41 PM.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 01:18 PM   #2036
Tech Initiate

Cool wheel hex/front axle

Quote:
Originally posted by stormperson
david- thanks

also quick question to anyone who might of had this problem. i remember talking to rob atomic about this before i bought the car, he said that sometimes the axles, or wheel hexes (sorta the same thing) easily bent and didnt come out. well after the seals on my "blue" bearings came off i decieded to take them out to clean them, no such luck. i removed the clip that holds in the axles from the steering hub (running front C-hubs, dont know if that matters though) and the axle will not come out, i have tried everything short of a hammer. what should i do? any tricks i am missing here? thanks!

Hi all, stormpesron asked the question about damaged front axles have had the same problem on both mine and my sons T1, reading through most of the forums on the T1, so have a lot of other owners. Came up with this idea and have not had the problem since. Take an old ball end, I just happened to have two old RPM ones, cut the ball section off drill a hole in the steering arm/bearing carrier and attach the cut down ball end facing downwards onto the arm. Seems the problem might have been the steering linkage over rotating during contact/crash with the boards or another car. All the cut down ball joint does is act as a mechanical stop when it comes up against the lower wishbone stopping the damage to the alloy axle. Iíve also set the steering travel on our transmitters so that they stop just before the new cut down ball joint touches the lower wishbone to stop any problems with the suspension binding. I have managed to attach one photo and have a few more but I'm unsure of how to post them all on this message if anyone can help I'll post the rest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stop2.jpg (29.3 KB, 166 views)
Raw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 06:02 PM   #2037
Tech Adept

Raw40... that's a good idea. My Schumacher Mission has steering arm stops built into the arms. But I actually hit hard enough to skip the arm over the block and the steering got stuck in one direction. Costs a lot of time! Of course I was the guy at the Kinetix track that used to have all the weird problems. I hope that doesn't happen to my Evo2 when I have it for the LA race. Can't wait!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:56 PM   #2038
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Surge :: You bought an XRAY !?! Cool....maybe we can go at it again but this time on carpet. You won't panic and pound the boards on the straight, right?
Old 10-30-2002, 10:50 PM   #2039
Tech Adept

Yeah, I got a Evo2 finally. I've been eyeing it for months. It'll be christened in Shreveport. I'll certainly try not to hit walls. I'd rather hit you j/k I'm always up for a challenge, bring it on!!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #2040
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I just purchased the C-hub conversion kit, f/r. Anyone have a decent setup for asphalt/rubber tires. The track is medium sized and high bite. I applied the standard setup that came with the kit, is this a good place to start. Oh by the way, I'll be running mod with this setup.

Thx.
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote