R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2002, 08:26 AM   #1651
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
I have not benefited from a one-way on a medium to small track that is technical and/or tight. I don't recommend it.

I would recommend a one-way to try it, but I prefer a locked diff on tight technical tracks.
Is this considered a medium sized technical track?? Double one way and 8-10T motor is the only you can keep up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new pyc_2.jpg (44.2 KB, 238 views)
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:30 AM   #1652
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

That is a medium tight and technical track. I would use a diff or locked diff for that track, looks like a ton of fun.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:50 AM   #1653
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
That is a medium tight and technical track. I would use a diff or locked diff for that track, looks like a ton of fun.
OK..Thks! I just wanted to determine what is small and what is medium.... In fact that particular layout didn't last too long....it was a bit boring....theres a lot more bends in it now...makes it more fun.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:32 PM   #1654
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So Stlnst did you get an Xray or something else?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #1655
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Buster Bennett

Yeah, That track looks pretty simple. A few more turns would help. I would call it a medium-large open track.
You get nose bleed's up on that driver's stand? hehehe
Buster Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 01:23 PM   #1656
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

stormperson, I use the original 'stiff' top deck on both my cars. I haven't really tried other top decks, but just by twisting some of the new Evo2's at the track, they definately do have much more flex than mine.
JeffC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:34 PM   #1657
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

DTM :: how long is the back straight? The track I setup has a 120' straight and is very open and flowing.

Does it get really hot there? Track lights up nicely at night.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:33 PM   #1658
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TheBarber

DTM - that track looks like a lot of fun. gotta ? what are the infield walls and islands made of? just curious, thanx
TheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:01 AM   #1659
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
DTM :: how long is the back straight? The track I setup has a 120' straight and is very open and flowing.

Does it get really hot there? Track lights up nicely at night.
Sorry..me and distance ain't that good...I'll ask someone next time I'm there!

The floodlights are great because we can run til 3-4 in the morning/night!! The owner doesn't mind! even without the lights, the air temp is around 30 deg C... you don't really notice the additional heat from the lights!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:06 AM   #1660
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBarber
DTM - that track looks like a lot of fun. gotta ? what are the infield walls and islands made of? just curious, thanx
The barriers are all concrete ...rounded of course! The ones painted in red and white are fixed. You can see lots of shorter straight white slabs, these are all movable to change the track layout and normally just sit there!

.....it's good I posted the pic up....I now have a better understanding of what everyone refers to as large and small tracks....
Old 09-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #1661
Tech Master

DTM,

Nice track you've got.

I would say about the same size as the average US track. Slightly smaller than the average British track - though they seem to be growing too, and small by the standards of mainland European tracks.

I love the never ending circle bit. That must be great to drive.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:43 AM   #1662
dtm
Tech Champion

Yes...I've seen some of the tracks in Europe...and they are massive!!! must be fairly boring for EP, but great for GP...the more curves the better, I'd say!!

We run both EP and GP at the same time, so things get really interesting sometimes!! The owner has to compromise the track a little because of this...too technical and it scares the GP guys away and too straight and us EP guys get bored and go elsewhere!
Old 09-10-2002, 06:53 AM   #1663
Tech Master

Yeah....a compromise that will support both nitro and electric is what I have to deal with. I would prefer a technical track but when the number of nitro heads are greater than electric racers......you find yourself setting up an open and flowing track.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:34 AM   #1664
Tech Addict

Hi guys,
I might get a evo2 today Is there any tips or anythign to get it ready for asphult? I already know to sand the edges then fill witlh CA, should I file the batt slos?

Thanks
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 09:05 AM   #1665
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

teamAE, I would sand the slots. You want the battery to sit just above the bottom of the chassis so the cells are as low as possible without anything hitting them on the track or sticking out the bottom. I used a single cell to get the fit just right. You may want to wear a mask or something because of the graphite dust. It's nasty!!!! The kit comes with foam pads to use if you do sand the slots.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote