Search
Like Tree5Likes

LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GhostTown
I was about to can my XXX-S 17.5 experiment. For a while there I didn't think the chassis had what it took to compete with modern cars. Seemed like the newer cars with the electronics all tucked into the center mass of the chassis just weren't working as hard as the wide Losi chassis.
In VTA the XXX-S holds it's own against the modern carbon chassis cars. Make sure it rolls smooth and easily. (set belt tension correct)

Gearing option with the XXX-S, get two diff gear sets and use the overdrive gear front and rear
Old 04-17-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

My VTA car is almost unbeatable. I get razzed for it being too fast all the time. Our track limits our FDR's to 4.5 in attempt to keep speeds down and equal. Still, my xxx-s carries speed through corners better than the rest.

I've thought about switching to the 41 tooth pulleys, but I'm saving that trick for when I need it. Same thing with the front one way.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

My XXX-S and the graphite car are very stable in the corners and can carry a lot of speed out. There's a lot to be said for wide and heavy, besides being unbreakable.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead
Sorry guys I haven't posted more in here, adapters are coming but as these things happen sometimes, got busy and I also broke the 1 remaining mill of the size I need to do these, I have some mills coming now so will get onto these as soon as possible.
I apologise for the delay everyone.

Also working on replicating the blocks nf_ekt sent me.
Awesome news. The Triple XS is begging me to come off the shelf.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Update:

After 6 races NO problems!

Originally Posted by tmail55
Tested in front of house, worked great, was planning to race test today RAIN!!!!! <<<

====

Sanding disk p180
B4 slipper pad
B4 spur 84t

Wanted a spur option other than what Losi has to offer. Did NOT have the spur adapter.

Having done the file card spooler to the front diff, got to thinking!! Don't remember who on here shared the "file card" spooler tip, THANKS!!!

Looked thru the parts box and came out with a XXX4 spur gear mount. A bit of Uni-Biting a AE B4 84t spur (top gear in picture) to adjust the center hole of the spur to fit the XXX4 mount.

Using the AE B4 slipper pad to make "spooler pads" out of the P180 grit sanding disk. The sanding disk is sticky on one side to keep it on a sander pad. The sticky side will be used to hold these to the slipper disk, sand side to the spur.

Stick the slipper pad to sanding disk and cut around disk, mark the center hole (used a pen) and cut that out, do two.

The B4 spur (bottom spur in picture) has a flange to hold the slipper in place, carefully removed these with a X-Acto knife.

===

Any spur should work IF the body is smooth, the gear for a TC4 didn't work!!! Tried that first.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those still in here, I'm starting to consider not offering belts anymore. Demand has fallen to the point where I still have stock just sitting. As such, I've decided to do a Memorial week sale/GROUP BUY to blow out some of my old stock and get things rolling.

Price will be 20 bucks shipped per belt in the USA. Buy more than 4 and I'll give them to you for 18 each. Sale will run for 1 week and you should have belts in 2 weeks or so. Want in? Email at [email protected] or reply here. It's wonderful to see people still learning new ideas and tweaks with this chassis, but it seems more and more people are just junking them. Let's keep this thing alive!

(Please keep in mind that this is a belt that does require modification even if you use the stock tensioner. It has been noted that some do not require mods if they have smaller diff pulleys. Ask if you have questions... these things last forever.)
Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhwnissan
For those still in here, I'm starting to consider not offering belts anymore. Demand has fallen to the point where I still have stock just sitting. As such, I've decided to do a Memorial week sale/GROUP BUY to blow out some of my old stock and get things rolling.

Price will be 20 bucks shipped per belt in the USA. Buy more than 4 and I'll give them to you for 18 each. Sale will run for 1 week and you should have belts in 2 weeks or so. Want in? Email at [email protected] or reply here. It's wonderful to see people still learning new ideas and tweaks with this chassis, but it seems more and more people are just junking them. Let's keep this thing alive!

(Please keep in mind that this is a belt that does require modification even if you use the stock tensioner. It has been noted that some do not require mods if they have smaller diff pulleys. Ask if you have questions... these things last forever.)
I know Josh, its thoughs damn Bulgarian belts, I'm guilty of buying them also, some I got on a no reserve bid for only a dollar, looks like even they are having a hard time moving them. TOO many people copied you into the aftermarket XXXS belt market, now someone should offer a new aftermarket XXXS in order to utilize the belts
Old 05-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigfatslob
I know Josh, its thoughs damn Bulgarian belts, I'm guilty of buying them also, some I got on a no reserve bid for only a dollar, looks like even they are having a hard time moving them. TOO many people copied you into the aftermarket XXXS belt market, now someone should offer a new aftermarket XXXS in order to utilize the belts
Well, technically I don't know that anyone "copied" because mine at 1 tooth shy of original stock belts. I did this to keep costs down at the time. Now, the cost has fallen a bit but shipping and fees are more expensive. The one I was most fascinated by is a hobby place in Florida. They were the first that somehow got equal tooth belts made and they've sold well over 100 of them. If I could sell 100 of these, I'd sell them for far less because I could get em made in a WAY bigger bulk. My hope is that the group buy either encourages people to purchase a belt or two to buy me out... or tells me that there is no longer a market so I can move on. I'll always have belts for my own XXX-S, but keeping 20 or more on hand takes up a bit of space. I began drifting and really paired down my r/c stuff recently.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If I could get a couple of spur adapters made I could get mine going again. Thought that was going to happen but nothing has come about it.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default XXXS belt

jhwnissan
May I order a belt for my Losi XXX-S?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maximum
jhwnissan
May I order a belt for my Losi XXX-S?
Yup. Send an email.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Going to extend this till the end of June. After that time, I'm passing the torch onto someone else.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Email sent for ordering a belt. Thank you for making these belts available.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maximum
Email sent for ordering a belt. Thank you for making these belts available.
Email received.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Josh, there are two bits about your belts.

1. the GOOD >> there GREAT, don't wear out! << Good for the user

2. the BAD >> they don't wear out!!! << the BAD for you, buy one and your done!

===

Without you offering XXX-S belts, there are two XXX-S that would just be shelf queens instead of active race RC's!!!

Mine and the one I sold! Both race VTA.

THANKS many times over!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.