R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-19-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Post Paradox Pro

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for tuning the Paradox pro stock motor in a TC3 running on a carpet track with a 75' straight and a fairly tight back section of track. I am running on foams and have come a long way with my car setup.
Thanks
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Do everything the website below says to do and you'll have a solid motor. I'd say run 767's, rebuild (cutt comm) after each race day(6-8 runs) and replace the brushes or re-serrate them if their ok. If your a hard core racer you may want to cutt and replace the brushes after less runs, but for the average racer it isn't cost effective.

http://www.motortuningsecrets.com/tunestockmotor.html
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:53 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default paradox

Do as the website says and....Use a Putnam green +,Reedy 767-,with a red-red or red+,green- springs.Put a small hole in the center of each brush and hold on.BTW,the brush hood alignment is the most critical part.Get em straight.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default Paradox

Hey thanks, I knew someone would help me out!
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

If anyone needs 767's I have them for $1.80 a pair.
Email me
Old 02-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also if its not against the rules at your specific track,try a monster arm in the paradox can (geared the same way as a monster) 25 or 26 pinnion for your TC-3 ......myself as well as some of the top A main drivers in our last state race found this combo to work well.. It gives very similar performance to a monster but will not fade twords the end of the race......

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:29 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
Do everything the website below says to do and you'll have a solid motor. I'd say run 767's, rebuild (cutt comm) after each race day(6-8 runs) and replace the brushes or re-serrate them if their ok. If your a hard core racer you may want to cutt and replace the brushes after less runs, but for the average racer it isn't cost effective.

http://www.motortuningsecrets.com/tunestockmotor.html
Wow, I really like that brush hood aligning method used there fatdoggy, is that your personal website?
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Tech Elite

I wish. Once your hoods are aligned as per the website, your motor WILL be alot more efficient. With trinity motors it usually requires enlarging the holes on both the hood plate and the plate below it(don't loose the cap and spring though). It's worth the time to make sure it's perfect.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:16 PM   #9
Tech Elite

I'd like to add to that article, the finer the line to more accurate the hood alingment so I would run the motor at .5V to 1V for a couple seconds then take a reading. Thanks for the tip on the holes.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
I wish. Once your hoods are aligned as per the website, your motor WILL be alot more efficient. With trinity motors it usually requires enlarging the holes on both the hood plate and the plate below it(don't loose the cap and spring though). It's worth the time to make sure it's perfect.
what exactly or where exactly is the hood plate and the plate below that you mention?

fatdoggy, maybe u can take a picture of a motor taken apart and label the parts? if you dont mind please? this is very helpful for people who want to learn more about motor tuning.

thanks!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Hebiki, here's pics. The motor's endbell is composed of hoodplates to hold the brushes and springs. What he means by enlarging the holes in the plates is so that you have room to adjust the plates when using this method to align your brushes. If you can take apart one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2k1.jpg (151.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 02-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Pic2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2k2.jpg (140.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Last pic. Hey P2K3, I like the sounds of that....Okay Ernie I came up with that, find something else. LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2k3.jpg (152.3 KB, 81 views)
Old 02-27-2004, 07:16 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
what exactly or where exactly is the hood plate and the plate below that you mention?

fatdoggy, maybe u can take a picture of a motor taken apart and label the parts? if you dont mind please? this is very helpful for people who want to learn more about motor tuning.

thanks!
Webspinner beat me to it. In the last pic you may have to enlarge the small holes as well as the larger ones(not too much though). The small holes line up with indents punched into the hood plate.

Hood plate - Pic 1 and 2.
Base plate - Pic three.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Default Aligning Brush Hoods

Guys;

I have NEVER had to enlarge the mounting screw holes in an EPIC stock motor before to get the brushes aligned.

Had some that were slightly bent (shipping damage?) and had one set that was very sloppy (bought new ones), but in every case they have aligned perfectly without any modifications.

I recommend inspecting the Brushes for alignment with some kind of magnifier after break-in. It is easy to miss a slight misalignment with the naked eye sometimes.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote