R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default NIB FT TC4 anywhere?

Does anyone know of somewhere I can still get a FT TC4 Kit new in the box?
bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't think you can. It has been discontinued. I'm fairly certain you can only get the RTR TC4.
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was looking for one not to long ago, never had any luck, I noticed that most parts for it (ft carbon shock towers, chassis, upper chassis etc.) are all discontinued and 3 Racing and Yeah Racing etc. no longer make carbon parts for it either. There is a company (BMI etc.) that make a carbon kit for it but is like $150 but I don't think it is really worth it. I you are after a shaft drive tourer look at the Tamiya EVO 5 MS (that is what I ended up getting) or the Kyosho TF5 Shaft.
RCZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default FT TC4 NIB

I think Hub Hobby in Little Canada, Minnesota has one in their locked display case on the west side of the store.

Call em up dude.
Parnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

What is the big differences between the TB EVO 5 and the TB-03 kit. I am just planning on ripping around the street and culdasac at my house not planning to race. I want to keep the cost down but also get a quality product. I am told get a shaft drive for the rocks and stuff but there really aren't many shaft drives anymore. What is the best option and best bang for the buck?
bigbeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
What is the big differences between the TB EVO 5 and the TB-03 kit. I am just planning on ripping around the street and culdasac at my house not planning to race. I want to keep the cost down but also get a quality product. I am told get a shaft drive for the rocks and stuff but there really aren't many shaft drives anymore. What is the best option and best bang for the buck?
Check out Thunder Tiger they have a whole line of shafties to choose from. Just don't expect much in the way of hop ups.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbeej View Post
TB03 would be a better option then, much cheaper. What is your budget, you can get a TB03 kit for around $145 - http://www.super-rc.com/index.php?cPath=21_22_45 Would much recommend the TB03 over the TT01.
Don't here of to many people snapping belts etc. with rocks/debris, I personally use shaft drives as less maintaince means more fun. If you are wanting Ready to Run then you could look at the Kyosho TF5 RTR - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-6-w-Novak-ESC & http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...us-w-Novac-ESC
RCZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can check Ebay...be patient and one will probably show up eventually.
Old Tech is offline   Reply With Quote