Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Company Representative

Default Kinetic Upgrades

Today, we have added the Kinetic Upgrade options to our ESC Trade-In Program:

TeamNovak ESC Trade-In Program

Novak customers can return any speed control we have ever offered---brush or brushless---and upgrade to either our Kinetic 2S or our Kinetic 1S. If you wish to add a NovaLink, see program details.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NovakTwo

Novak customers can return any speed control we have ever offered---brush or brushless---and upgrade to either our Kinetic 2S or our Kinetic 1S. If you wish to add a NovaLink, see program details.
Sweet!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jackie at novak is the greatest. My second exchanged Kinetic arrived today, a completely new replacement, so I can sell one. They also replaced my new motor in case it was the issue.

Great people to deal with.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcannon409
Jackie at novak is the greatest. My second exchanged Kinetic arrived today, a completely new replacement, so I can sell one. They also replaced my new motor in case it was the issue.

Great people to deal with.
I second that! My replacement brain board arrived today and my ESC is back up and running

Great service and communication!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Company Representative

We have the best customer service staff in the entire industry. Jackie has been our CS manager for over 20 years---she is always cheerful and goes out of her way to help our customers.

Always being cheerful is a challenge when dealing with customers----for 20 years! I have forwarded your praise to her.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

We have the best customer service staff in the entire industry. Jackie has been our CS manager for over 20 years---she is always cheerful and goes out of her way to help our customers.

Always being cheerful is a challenge when dealing with customers----for 20 years! I have forwarded your praise to her.
Please pass on a thanks to the entire Novak Team as everyone contributed to sorting my problem.

Take a bow
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Received my shiny new Kinetic. Installed and looking good EXCEPT for that infernal software!!!

OK - I have read, re-read, installed, re-installed, disconnected fans, checked and re-checked - but I still can't get version 1.3 firmware on to the ESC.

I have the latest software - Version 1.3
I have downloaded it with Firewall/ Antivirus all deactivated.
I have downloaded the new firmware the same way, and downloaded it directly to the NovaLink folder.
Tried extraction, no extraction.
I am running Windows 7, 32 Bit.
I have tried running the program with XPSP2 compatibility.

With the original software (came with the Novalink) it worked, I could see the ESC and all was ok. The one touch set up process is fine.

Followed the latest instruction manual from Novak to the letter and I keep getting:

"File does not exist. Make sure your image is in the C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\Novalink Folder

Now at the end of the line.......... anyone with any bright ideas will be most welcome!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benh
Received my shiny new Kinetic. Installed and looking good EXCEPT for that infernal software!!!

OK - I have read, re-read, installed, re-installed, disconnected fans, checked and re-checked - but I still can't get version 1.3 firmware on to the ESC.

I have downloaded the new firmware the same way, and downloaded it directly to the NovaLink folder.

With the original software (came with the Novalink) it worked, I could see the ESC and all was ok. The one touch set up process is fine.

Followed the latest instruction manual from Novak to the letter and I keep getting:

"File does not exist. Make sure your image is in the C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\Novalink Folder

Now at the end of the line.......... anyone with any bright ideas will be most welcome!
Download the file. Unzip it and put it in the directory above. (This part is important. the installer does not unzip the file)

plug in the novalink and start the software.

click on the Firmware updater button

A window will open and ask you to connect your controller

plug in the controller to the link

This should start the update process,

If it does not then you will need to start over.

unplug the controller and then click on the updater button, then replug the controller.

It took me a couple of tries to get the software on the device.
Make sure you are plugging the controller in all pins at once, this seems to make a difference as to if the updater will see the controller correctly or not.

Last edited by macdude; 09-29-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added an explanation
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

im i understanding that u can trade in a havok 2s for a kinetic 2s for $144?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Correct.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by benh

Make sure you're running the Novalink application as an administrator.

then...

Make sure that you have the "outloada13.rdd" file in C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\Novalink, physically check this in windows explorer.

if you've checked the above and still no luck then try...

Open C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\Novalink in windows explorer and run the "escProgrammer" application as an administrator, this did the trick for me on my desktop pc running Win 7 32bit.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Another thing to keep in mind, if you're on a 64-bit os, the file needs to be in C:\Program Files (x86)\" as opposed to the regular 64-bit "C:\Program Files\", I know the little exe they include for the firmware file puts it in C:\Program Files\ regardless of the OS.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

When will V1.4 be available?

Looking forward to some more configurablility for the Kinetic, like Boost level and more time delay options, say 0-2000mS

I have also tested the Minimum drive, from 0-15%, doesn't seem to do anything. if I creap the car forward with minimum drive set to 1 compairing to 15% I don't notice a difference. is this what this setting is for?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Got that TimeZone Grand Prix coming up next weekend, Its been a few years since I ran a 1/12 scale, gonna need some help to get a head start, anyone got a starting point for a 13.5 with the 1s K esc. ( its not to late to book a flight charlie)
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Hi escman and/or Novaktwo

I am in the process of setting up a 2s kinetic for my buddy who can't read english ;-). We have an indoor race coming up next week ( temporary track) and no time to fiddle around for 30 runs to try and figure out what to do.

I have been through the last 20 pages of this thread and haven't been able to find a consistent starting point for 10.5 rubber TC. My buddy is a very skilled driver (I never say that, seriously) so he doesn't want the least HP left on the pit table.

Soooo : here is all the relevant info I can gather

Straight :20-25 meters ( 60-75 feet)
Carpet, medium grip, MM32 tires
usually the layout is really tech in the infield.
Motor is Orion 10.5, 2s obviously

What would be a decent starting point? Not the absolute best but a guarantee not to ruin the first race of the winter season by being lost in the ESC settings. He's coming from a SPX as a previous ESC so he'd like something that at least matches that... for starters ;-)

The info required :

starting FDR (8-ish ?)
Boost mode : off or on ? Delay ?
timing set point
max timing RPM
Timing level
drive frequency

The timing RPM default presets are very puzzling : the preset for 10.5 and 2s indicates Start 2000 Max 4000 which is inconsistent with the advised 4000 RPM gap that you're supposed to have between the two.

Thanks for your help.

PS we want info and not opinions here, so if anyone wants to chime in be welcome, as long as you have a respectable amount of experience with this ESC. This post is supposed to be for the Novak staff mainly. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.