Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Perhaps team guys be able to start providing real word reports. Just "smooth and fast" doesn't count either.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novak Havoc Pro SC Dynamic Timing Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
Can we expect the preset timing profiles to range from mild (0 advance) to wild (50 advance)? Or will we automatically need the NovaLink to really get any real performance out of it?

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
On the Kinetics, the on-board timing adjustments go from mild (-0-) to wild (55). The Havoc Pro SC has on-board (only) timing adjustments from zero (Sportsman) to:

Quote:
(HP/SC) Novak's Dynamic Timing Advance™ increases the motor's RPM dynamically through the throttle band for higher speeds—eight on-board adjustments from 15° to 42°.

Next week I plan to have a listing of those additional options that you can only access using the NovaLink. Many racers will not need the PC programming to use the Kinetics successfully.
Great!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Do we have any carpet testing in yet?

Ben
Old 07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

To all who owns this system, any updates?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bukil
To all who owns this system, any updates?
Tekin released v208, so the whole frickin world has to crap their pants. Maybe next week we hear something.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hi all...
I used the Kinetic today for the first time..
I have ALL the major player's when it comes to esc's..Rs-Pro, SXX SS, Hobbywing 2.1, and the old and trusty LRP SPX.
The Novak has the Great Novak quality..Its a blessing not having to open up a new esc to "shorten" the extra long receiver/switch wires...Nice..

Any way..using a Ballistic 10.5 in a T3 with geared diff, large outdoor track..AERCCC South Australia..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T34mM3W0IDE

Started with 8.17, ended with 6.54...46deg C...
I HAD good brakes..(better than the tekin has ever had)..Not as good as SPX,as good as SXX @ 6.81 fdr....
The blue/yellow led is on the speedy..saying it the neutral point is too far off??????
Reset the radio to esc..still have b/y led on....

Took epa to 90% as to suggested 50%...and still led's on...
I lost ALL high speed and noticeable low speed brakes....?????????????
Never got the motor hot....Strange
Played with a few brake/throttle settings on the esc..and no improvement...

the esc settings are
#1 - 6
#2 - 3
#3- 1
#4- 8
#5- 1
#6- 1
#7- 4
#8- 1
#9- 1
#10- 1
#11- 10
#12- 3
the rest as factory
Hall sensore test is fine..
0 timing on motor...
Advanced to 1 notch..temp climbed with no improvement.took back to '0' timing..went from #4 6-8, was as fast and cooler...
KO Helios/spectrum.
Any ideas? Is it Faulty? I was hoping for better brakes?
The SXX SS is more consistant in the brakes if that is all what this speedy offers.
Mike
Old 07-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Today

Originally Posted by sportpak
Tekin released v208, so the whole frickin world has to crap their pants. Maybe next week we hear something.
Ran against the new 208...Wasnt any faster, he said the brakes were a little better, but smoother power across the range.

So, In my opinion..Still not SPX brakes....Thats what Im after with the speed of the new esc's...
Is it asking for too much??????????
Maybee!!!!!!!

Mike
Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all...
I used the Kinetic today for the first time..
I have ALL the major player's when it comes to esc's..Rs-Pro, SXX SS, Hobbywing 2.1, and the old and trusty LRP SPX.
The Novak has the Great Novak quality..Its a blessing not having to open up a new esc to "shorten" the extra long receiver/switch wires...Nice..

Any way..using a Ballistic 10.5 in a T3 with geared diff, large outdoor track..AERCCC South Australia..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T34mM3W0IDE

Started with 8.17, ended with 6.54...46deg C...
I HAD good brakes..(better than the tekin has ever had)..Not as good as SPX,as good as SXX @ 6.81 fdr....
The blue/yellow led is on the speedy..saying it the neutral point is too far off??????
Reset the radio to esc..still have b/y led on....

Took epa to 90% as to suggested 50%...and still led's on...
I lost ALL high speed and noticeable low speed brakes....?????????????
Never got the motor hot....Strange
Played with a few brake/throttle settings on the esc..and no improvement...

the esc settings are
#1 - 6
#2 - 3
#3- 1
#4- 8
#5- 1
#6- 1
#7- 4
#8- 1
#9- 1
#10- 1
#11- 10
#12- 3
the rest as factory
Hall sensore test is fine..
0 timing on motor...
Advanced to 1 notch..temp climbed with no improvement.took back to '0' timing..went from #4 6-8, was as fast and cooler...
KO Helios/spectrum.
Any ideas? Is it Faulty? I was hoping for better brakes?
The SXX SS is more consistant in the brakes if that is all what this speedy offers.
Mike
It doesn't sound like you have programmed your Kinetic correctly. First off make sure that your transmitters throw is set for maximum throttle and Maximum brake throw before you do the one touch programming on the ESC. If at any time you change the transmitter settings you must redo the one touch setup. After you do the one touch setup you should have solid Red, Blue and yellow Led's on indicating that the ESC is at neutral and drag brake is on. With the motor disconnected check that the green light is on solid when you are at full throttle and that the green light is blinking at full brake. This should give you the brakes that you want.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Profile #11

Originally Posted by Bob Novak
It doesn't sound like you have programmed your Kinetic correctly. First off make sure that your transmitters throw is set for maximum throttle and Maximum brake throw before you do the one touch programming on the ESC. If at any time you change the transmitter settings you must redo the one touch setup. After you do the one touch setup you should have solid Red, Blue and yellow Led's on indicating that the ESC is at neutral and drag brake is on. With the motor disconnected check that the green light is on solid when you are at full throttle and that the green light is blinking at full brake. This should give you the brakes that you want.
Hi Bob...Thanks for the quick reply..
Question...Regarding hints/tips/problems, am I better posting here or to the Novak site itself?

Now, I re-set the radio..100% throws on both brake and throttle travels...
Correct, blue/yellow says neautral, drag brake is on..
When i turn off drag brake..The blue led stays on..is this correct?

When i reset the radio to the esc, it goes to #9 on profile #11.....when applied full brakes (motor disconected) green led flashes...
When I change to 100%, #10...( as suggested for higher timming, as im using #5)...the led does not flash at full brakes, no led colour at all????????? Is this correct?
Played with different settings on esc..and still no flashing led at #10 on profile #11.....

Should I add more brake travel with out re-setting the radio to esc?
Or
Positive expo on radio for the brakes?

Any suggestions?

Mike
Old 07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Cooler motor temps

Another thing I noticed is that the Novak Kinetic runs the motors "MUCH" cooler than the other esc's.
Using the SXX SS...Duo 2 exspress, could not go past fdr of 6.8..motor timming first notch (2.5deg+)...as the temp climbed rather high...
Using 6.54 on Kentic, and confident of going one more...The Kinetic has "HEAPS" of botton end punch....Spins wheels quite easy..(going to try Profile 2 on #8 and profile 6 on #12 to try and tame down.
Heaps of balls as to the other "brands"...
Got the top-end fast just gooto get the brakes.
Mike
Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

One thing I assumed would be available but I never actually saw written out, can you go past 30% drag brake using the NovaLink?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi Bob...Thanks for the quick reply..
Question...Regarding hints/tips/problems, am I better posting here or to the Novak site itself?

Now, I re-set the radio..100% throws on both brake and throttle travels...
Correct, blue/yellow says neautral, drag brake is on..
When i turn off drag brake..The blue led stays on..is this correct?

When i reset the radio to the esc, it goes to #9 on profile #11.....when applied full brakes (motor disconected) green led flashes...
When I change to 100%, #10...( as suggested for higher timming, as im using #5)...the led does not flash at full brakes, no led colour at all????????? Is this correct?
Played with different settings on esc..and still no flashing led at #10 on profile #11.....

Should I add more brake travel with out re-setting the radio to esc?
Or
Positive expo on radio for the brakes?

Any suggestions?

Mike
Mike,
You can do it here on the web or pm me.
It looks like there are two minor bugs that we found. One is the brake end point adjustment and the other is in the reverse adjustment. On the Brake end Point adjustment the default should have been 10 but it is 9 instead which gives you 100% brakes as you found out. The following approximate values are what you actually get.
#1=100%
#2=30%
#3=40%
#4=50%
#5=60%
#6=70%
#7=80%
#8=90%
#9=100%
#10=30%
So when you went from #9 to #10 your brakes went down to 30%. If you use the above values you should be ok.
This bug is fixed and can be downloaded with the NovaLink software.

Bob
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Default nova link

Hi bob...thanks again...
Ill do that..
2 questions..
When will the nova links be available and...
#11....profile 1..i assume its a typo...you state #1is 100%....Its 10%...correct

mike
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Bob any plans on releasing a pro level 1/8 scale offroad ESC/motor combo ? like comparible to the tekin rx8 combo ?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Will the first batch of 1S controllers have this bug fixed prior to shipping? August still look reasonable for the 1S?

Originally Posted by Bob Novak
Mike,
You can do it here on the web or pm me.
It looks like there are two minor bugs that we found. One is the brake end point adjustment and the other is in the reverse adjustment. On the Brake end Point adjustment the default should have been 10 but it is 9 instead which gives you 100% brakes as you found out. The following approximate values are what you actually get.
#1=100%
#2=30%
#3=40%
#4=50%
#5=60%
#6=70%
#7=80%
#8=90%
#9=100%
#10=30%
So when you went from #9 to #10 your brakes went down to 30%. If you use the above values you should be ok.
This bug is fixed and can be downloaded with the NovaLink software.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.