R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #1456
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
ut oh, what did i do???

i only get three lights now on the esc with in sportsman mode, no white lights, and it seems the rpms are down, way down.

help me,

it was fine before i downloaded the 1.4.1
White light only comes on if you have timing added. Updating the firmware wiped out all your settings.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #1457
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKAOG View Post
White light only comes on if you have timing added. Updating the firmware wiped out all your settings.
i reprogramed all the settings, I thought the white light was "proof" if was in sportsman mode?

when i get to the track in the morning I turn on some timing and see if it comes back on.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #1458
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I stand corrected. no white light, no timing. my bad. but this stuff hauls the mail.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1459
Tech Rookie

Default RPM not updating

I have the same issues as macdude, on 2 kinetics on 1.4.0 the rpm values are "stuck" (4000 - 18002). No matter if I press enter, change fields, they stay the same. Tried one-touch setup, reflashing the esc, uploading the defaults (reset), restoring different saved profiles, nothing seems to work. The third kinetic I have still updates. All 3 were letting me update fine yesterday until at some point 2 just stopped updating!! As a workaround I've been adjusting the timing curve to suit what I was after...

Also I have a few bug fixes / feature requests on the the new PC interface.

1. My netbook can only run a max of 1024x768 resolution, it would be nice if the interface could fit on that size. I imaging a lot of others are like me and don't want to take large and expensive laptops down to race days, and use cheap netbooks with limited displays as an alternative.

2. When restoring a saved profile in 1.3, the setting for boost was always ignored and was always set to off. This seems to be fixed in 1.4, but instead now it is the voltage cut off state that is ignored, and is always set to off.

3. The descriptions for fields only randomly appear, seems to be luck whether they come up or not.

4. Some of the descriptions don't fit on the screen, and disappear off the side of the interface.

On the positive side the interface looks great and connection to the novalink seems smooth and reliable now, keep up the good work Novak!
Leithal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #1460
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I stand corrected. no white light, no timing. my bad. but this stuff hauls the mail.
Glad it worked out for you....
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #1461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have a question.

Well, first, I can not get my Kinetic to upgrade to 1.4 firmware.

So assuming, I'm stuck with 1.3, WHY when I set timing to anything less than 20
does the boost option automatically turn to the 'off' position? Effectively making it impossible for me to run boost at anything less than 20 degrees timing? I use the 2s 13.5 option in the drop down box. Thanks.

I sent an email to novak CS about getting an upgraded brain board with 1.4 but no response yet

Thanks.
SMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #1462
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMcD View Post
I have a question.

Well, first, I can not get my Kinetic to upgrade to 1.4 firmware.

So assuming, I'm stuck with 1.3, WHY when I set timing to anything less than 20
does the boost option automatically turn to the 'off' position? Effectively making it impossible for me to run boost at anything less than 20 degrees timing? I use the 2s 13.5 option in the drop down box. Thanks.

I sent an email to novak CS about getting an upgraded brain board with 1.4 but no response yet

Thanks.
boost only works when using more than 20 degrees of timing. All boost is is 50+ degrees of timing hitting at once. It's easier to drive if you have a lot of timing added spread over a wide rpm range instead of using boost.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #1463
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKAOG View Post
boost only works when using more than 20 degrees of timing. All boost is is 50+ degrees of timing hitting at once. It's easier to drive if you have a lot of timing added spread over a wide rpm range instead of using boost.
THANKS
SMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #1464
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So next to a tekin can this do everything a tekin does? And how is the easy is teh programming and stuff?
Gyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #1465
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyr0 View Post
So next to a tekin can this do everything a tekin does? And how is the easy is teh programming and stuff?
Actually the Kinetic does more than Tekins. Tekin's last software update added some of the features Novak has.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #1466
Tech Adept

actually the new software(1.4.1) takes it to a whole new level!! after alittle tinkering my TC6 was so much faster down the straight than anyone else i was accused of cheating!! i welcomed a tear down with open arms!!!!
ed517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #1467
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed517 View Post
actually the new software(1.4.1) takes it to a whole new level!! after alittle tinkering my TC6 was so much faster down the straight than anyone else i was accused of cheating!! i welcomed a tear down with open arms!!!!
Really that is awesome. What's your secret set up. What motor are you running with it?

Actually I haven't had a chance to put this thing back in my TC as I have great luck with the Orca I picked up to test. And since I have never got the brakes to work after accidentally updating with the batter plugged in and now the RPM range won't update after last weekend and an new brain board. I am a little frustrated with it. Still is running a SC truck though pretty well. Oh and still no brakes.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #1468
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Really that is awesome. What's your secret set up. What motor are you running with it?

Actually I haven't had a chance to put this thing back in my TC as I have great luck with the Orca I picked up to test. And since I have never got the brakes to work after accidentally updating with the batter plugged in and now the RPM range won't update after last weekend and an new brain board. I am a little frustrated with it. Still is running a SC truck though pretty well. Oh and still no brakes.
send me a pm with ur email and i will send u the file. i am using a Ballistic 17.5.the track i raced this weekend has a 170ft straight! I have run accross a few no brakes issues and have been able to figure it out. maybe i can help. send me a pm
ed517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #1469
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed517 View Post
send me a pm with ur email and i will send u the file. i am using a Ballistic 17.5.the track i raced this weekend has a 170ft straight! I have run accross a few no brakes issues and have been able to figure it out. maybe i can help. send me a pm
Thanks you have a PM.

Brakes have been gone since like I said updating with battery plugged in.

I got a new brain board, but that still didn't have the "nova brakes"

And now the update seems to have made the rpm range to have gone.

Let me know what you think.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #1470
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Thanks you have a PM.

Brakes have been gone since like I said updating with battery plugged in.

I got a new brain board, but that still didn't have the "nova brakes"

And now the update seems to have made the rpm range to have gone.

Let me know what you think.

After you update the firmware please redo the one touch setup and make sure you set your transmitter throttle and brake EPA to 100%, we have noticed that in some cases if you set your transmitter EPA to more than 100% it make the brake feel very soft.
Adnan