R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #1381
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

slightly more bottom end and more top end over a standard esc if tuned correctly and more adjustability for the track surface. Take care to not dial yourself out with an advancing esc because it is easy with this many adjustments.
Acts 2:21- And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
ThrottleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #1382
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
I have a GTB and am looking to upgrade for boost ability in off-road racing, what can I expect from this esc?

I will be running it in my T4 w/ Trinity Duo 17.5
To be fast......
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #1383
Tech Regular

Has anyone looked at the possible proposed rules change for 2012 for esc compliance? I don't really know what to make of it but I am glad I still have a few GTB's left on the work bench. I sure hope after all this debating that I see on that thread that they allow the programmable escs to compete in stock classes and just start allowing ROAR approval on the manufacturer's stock profile abilities.
Acts 2:21- And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Last edited by ThrottleKing; 01-12-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #1384
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Can I trade-in my Novak GTB for GTB 2?
In 4-6 weeks, we will update our Trade-In Program to allow a direct replacement of our original GTBs with the new GTB2; right now, the replacement is a RMF GTB.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #1385
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
I have a GTB and am looking to upgrade for boost ability in off-road racing, what can I expect from this esc?

I will be running it in my T4 w/ Trinity Duo 17.5
For Off Road, our more affordable Havoc Pro SC probably has all the timing/boost needed--but no PC option.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #1386
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
Has anyone looked at the possible proposed ruls change for 2012 for esc compliance? I don't really know what to make of it but I am glas I still have a few GTB's left on the work bench. I sure hope after all this bickering that I see on that thread that they allow the programmable escs to compete in stock classes and just start allowing ROAR approval on the manufacturer's stock profile abilities.
Until the actual rules are posted, no point in making many changes. 2012 is a year away....

One of the major features or our Trade-In programs is to assist our customers in making product transitions when the rules change. For example, when USVTA ruled that only 25.5T motors were 2010 legal, we immediately added a trade into the 25.5 motors from the 21.5s most guys were using.

When many racers, who were competing in 13.5 events, wanted to race 17.5, our TI programs received a lot of motors to exchange for the 17.5s.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #1387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hello to all,

I did the 1.4 update today. 1.4 software installed, novalink update was successful. I'm now at kinetic firmware update. When I click update, it says 1.3 even though 1.4 outloda is in the same folder. How do I deselect 1.3?
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #1388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Delete it, or rename it, or put it in another directory. You only want the latest one to be in there.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #1389
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Until the actual rules are posted, no point in making many changes. 2012 is a year away....

One of the major features or our Trade-In programs is to assist our customers in making product transitions when the rules change. For example, when USVTA ruled that only 25.5T motors were 2010 legal, we immediately added a trade into the 25.5 motors from the 21.5s most guys were using.

When many racers, who were competing in 13.5 events, wanted to race 17.5, our TI programs received a lot of motors to exchange for the 17.5s.
Don't mistake me as I am for running my Kenetic as I like the esc very much but the way I read the posts is that they want to get rid of them all together. I hope I can use it in mod at least and if possible let ROAR dictate what parameters a stock non boost esc should have to be considered stock. I have read on these threads that some manufactureres stock non boost profile is a little hotter than others. I thaink that there should be some way of regulating this and come up with updates to meet the rules that way the Advance esc's can be used for multiple applications and in the end be the best choice for racing if you race different classes.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #1390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Hello to all,

I did the 1.4 update today. 1.4 software installed, novalink update was successful. I'm now at kinetic firmware update. When I click update, it says 1.3 even though 1.4 outloda is in the same folder. How do I deselect 1.3?
Just totally delete it, you'll never use it again as everything is now 1.4 compatible. (select/right click/delete)
Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #1391
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleKing View Post
... I have read on these threads that some manufactureres stock non boost profile is a little hotter than others. I thaink that there should be some way of regulating this and come up with updates to meet the rules that way the Advance esc's can be used for multiple applications and in the end be the best choice for racing if you race different classes.
One current dilemma for race directors is that there is no easy way to check that the Sportsman Mode profiles of various escs have no timing in them. Having to purchase and maintain the test equipment to check for cheating would add a considerable burden of both expense and labor to equipment tech at races. It would be pretty easy for any mfg who wanted to cheat (win) to add 5-6 degrees of timing to the SM setting.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #1392
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks....

Quote:
In 4-6 weeks, we will update our Trade-In Program to allow a direct replacement of our original GTBs with the new GTB2; right now, the replacement is a RMF GTB.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #1393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Just totally delete it, you'll never use it again as everything is now 1.4 compatible. (select/right click/delete)
1.4 maybe compatible with everything, however my ESC went dead after the update. This happened to me when I updated from 1.1 to 1.2. The fact that this ESC gets messed up during firmware updates is ludicrous!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #1394
Tech Regular

Quote:
One current dilemma for race directors is that there is no easy way to check that the Sportsman Mode profiles of various escs have no timing in them. Having to purchase and maintain the test equipment to check for cheating would add a considerable burden of both expense and labor to equipment tech at races. It would be pretty easy for any mfg who wanted to cheat (win) to add 5-6 degrees of timing to the SM setting.
I don't have a clue about that tech stuff. I just don't want some of these Podunk tracks that claim they follow "ROAR" guidelines to ban our esc's instead of creating true non boosted spec classes. TOUR and BRL have classes for boosted I don't know why ROAR can't follow the same model because it has been working.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #1395
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
1.4 maybe compatible with everything, however my ESC went dead after the update. This happened to me when I updated from 1.1 to 1.2. The fact that this ESC gets messed up during firmware updates is ludicrous!!!
If you try to run 1.4 Novalink with 1.3 or less Kinetic download you will have a non responsive speed control. Go back about 3 pages and read all the inputs from everyone that did the upgrade/downloads, there is a lot of good info there, and it just about covers every scenario that users have encountered.

The biggest issue most run into is keeping any of the older .rdd files on their computer, trash them all and only have 1.4 in your NL file folder.

Also after doing the ESC 1.4 Kinetic upgrade, if your sc looks dead, do the NL switch power cycle, the power boot seems to wake the speed control up.

If any of the updates your doing don't tell you your sc has 1.4 your not going to be talking to anything. None of this, the NL, or SC are forward/backward compatible, you have to run all of 1.3 or 1.4, if you did the NL 1.4 upgrade, there is no backout for that and you have to finsih the 1.4 install, or the NL will be non-responsive with the speed control.