R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #106
Tech Master
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

I don't see the big deal, the main new things that the Kinetic is bringing to the table are the dynamic timing/boost/etc, which are all things only used on brushless systems anyways. I don't see anything that the Kinetic would have been able to do that the older ESC's could in terms of brushed operation. And I personally have no need for it to be brushed anyways, old technology.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #107
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Of those of you forum members posting in this thread: who still wants to use Racing escs regularly with brush motors? Our Havoc Sport/Spec controllers---Havoc 1S, Havoc 2S and Havoc 3S----still offer a brush mode.

And our BL Goat 2S and 3S for Crawling have the brush mode. We no longer even manufacture brush-only racing controllers, although we still offer new reversible escs, such as our M2 Dig Dual Brush controller.

As I understand the situation, there is only so much capacity in the microprocessor; therefore, our designers have decided to commit this to expanding brushless features. We will update the Kinetic copy on our web-site to reflect this decision.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #108
Tech Apprentice
 
AdminD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 74
Default KINETIC Brushed Mode Nova Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Of those of you forum members posting in this thread: who still wants to use Racing escs regularly with brush motors? Our Havoc Sport/Spec controllers---Havoc 1S, Havoc 2S and Havoc 3S----still offer a brush mode.

And our BL Goat 2S and 3S for Crawling have the brush mode. We no longer even manufacture brush-only racing controllers, although we still offer new reversible escs, such as our M2 Dig Dual Brush controller.

As I understand the situation, there is only so much capacity in the microprocessor; therefore, our designers have decided to commit this to expanding brushless features. We will update the Kinetic copy on our web-site to reflect this decision.
I know that we are looking for best in Brushless mode inside Kinetic
but without Brushed mode included inside Kinetic like you said so,
There would be no benefit to choose Novak Kinetic rather other Brand controller, and it's not gonna be Low Cost For Novak Consumers,

I have seen that no Goat/M2 Dig Dual Brush/Havoc 1S/2S/3S will satisfy our need, for example 3.5t

Novak repeating mistake is gonna happen again, Look Back
Where Havoc Pro Brushless ESC (#1735) is not even better than GTB, because it cannot use Brush Motor, like GTB.
and Havoc is not compatible with NOVA Link

We are looking for better Than GTB in Novak,
and we thought that Novak Kinetic is the right Solution.

THiS is My Suggestion For NOVAK :
IF Novak Problem is the limit inside Microcontroller capacity,
may Nova Link is supposed to be the Solution,
So we can Switch Novak Kinetic Between them (Brushless/Brushed)
by changing the firmware Through NOVA Link.
__________________
Sliders
AdminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #109
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdminD View Post
I know that we are looking for best in Brushless mode inside Kinetic
but without Brushed mode included inside Kinetic like you said so,
There would be no benefit to choose Novak Kinetic rather other Brand controller, and it's not gonna be Low Cost For Novak Consumers,

I have seen that no Goat/M2 Dig Dual Brush/Havoc 1S/2S/3S will satisfy our need, for example 3.5t

Novak repeating mistake is gonna happen again, Look Back
Where Havoc Pro Brushless ESC (#1735) is not even better than GTB, because it cannot use Brush Motor, like GTB.
and Havoc is not compatible with NOVA Link

We are looking for better Than GTB in Novak,
and we thought that Novak Kinetic is the right Solution.

THiS is My Suggestion For NOVAK :
IF Novak Problem is the limit inside Microcontroller capacity,
may Nova Link is supposed to be the Solution,
So we can Switch Novak Kinetic Between them (Brushless/Brushed)
by changing the firmware Through NOVA Link.
I can't think of a single type of 10th or 12th scale class that requires 3 cell to be compeditive. Not one. Let alone a 3 cell 3.5 turn motor. Novak has already said that the new speedo is for competition and not for bashing. Give it a rest...

And post back whatever you like. I can already tell that you will only complain and continue to complain/Troll on this thread. I won't be posting back on this.

Please, back to what the speedo can do for the racers. Features, performance and when can we get one...
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #110
Tech Master
 
xtraman122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Central MA
Posts: 1,251
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, I already tried getting through to this guy, he seems to want everything. The truth is, no competitive class uses 3S(unless we're talking 1/8th, which would use a whole different speedo anyways). And almost nobody competitive uses brushed motors(except if some still run 27t stock pan cars). If you're talking about 3S and a 3.5 it sounds like some grossly overpowered Mamba max 5700 on 3S could be just your thing, not a nice, smooth, competition level product such as the Novak Kinetic. And the Havoc Pro wasn't supposed to beat the GTB chief, the Havoc was the cheaper alternative to the GTB, and the Havoc Pro was just an improved upon Havoc, they still list the GTB as their flagship ESC.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #111
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

The Havoc Pros offer the same performance (MOSFETS/on resistance) as the earlier GTBs with additional on-board programming options. And the Systems feature the new Ballistic motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
Yeah, I already tried getting through to this guy, he seems to want everything. The truth is, no competitive class uses 3S(unless we're talking 1/8th, which would use a whole different speedo anyways). And almost nobody competitive uses brushed motors(except if some still run 27t stock pan cars). If you're talking about 3S and a 3.5 it sounds like some grossly overpowered Mamba max 5700 on 3S could be just your thing, not a nice, smooth, competition level product such as the Novak Kinetic. And the Havoc Pro wasn't supposed to beat the GTB chief, the Havoc was the cheaper alternative to the GTB, and the Havoc Pro was just an improved upon Havoc, they still list the GTB as their flagship ESC.
The Kinetic is designed for Brushless motor/lipo racing applications.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #112
Tech Elite
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
__________________
Pete Waydo
2010 Big Fat Turkey Race Mini Cooper AAA Main Champion
*** currently in stasis ***
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #113
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 237
Default

Hey NovakTwo, you might want to update your website to remove the reference to brushed in the first sentence. I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tic/index.html
gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #114
Tech Apprentice
 
AdminD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 74
Default KINETIC Brushed Mode Nova Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
Exactly that's what happen here with team NOVAK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
Hey NovakTwo, you might want to update your website to remove the reference to brushed in the first sentence. I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tic/index.html


That it I don't think Bob Novak out of his mind, think Brushed mode is dead,
and build NovaLink Just for Programmable setting's. that can be done by button's on Kinetic.

NovakTwo asked bob how NOW!. How Novalink will help about microprocessor to allowed Novak Kinetic Brushed mode working, if microprocessor has limited capacity, by updating firmware method.
and i don't think NovakTwo understand deeper than Bob. asked bob first, then you will understand what i meant.

if those can't be done, i thinks the designer of Kinetic, is not good enough.

and I think this forum is useful for their input as well, not to argue.
__________________
Sliders
AdminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #115
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
Hey NovakTwo, you might want to update your website to remove the reference to brushed in the first sentence. I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tic/index.html
We are in the process of updating the copy to remove the "brush" reference and add info about the Kinetic's 1S capability.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #116
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We are in the process of updating the copy to remove the "brush" reference and add info about the Kinetic's 1S capability.
then add a reference to when i can sell my gtb...
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #117
Tech Fanatic
 
Castradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indianna
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdminD View Post
Exactly that's what happen here with team NOVAK.




That it I don't think Bob Novak out of his mind, think Brushed mode is dead,
and build NovaLink Just for Programmable setting's. that can be done by button's on Kinetic.

NovakTwo asked bob how NOW!. How Novalink will help about microprocessor to allowed Novak Kinetic Brushed mode working, if microprocessor has limited capacity, by updating firmware method.
and i don't think NovakTwo understand deeper than Bob. asked bob first, then you will understand what i meant.

if those can't be done, i thinks the designer of Kinetic, is not good enough.

and I think this forum is useful for their input as well, not to argue.
Wow, I have been reading this thread but these kinda post make my IQ drop!! I am personally glad that Novak is building a purpose built competition Brushless Only Speedo.
__________________
Destiny | Xenon USA | Speedzone | High Velocity RC | TQ Wire | dIgItS pAiNt

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali
Castradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #118
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida
Posts: 163
Default Release date?

I own a Havoc 17.5 system and race the RCGT series in Florida, I am need of a esc with the timing advance, was ready to purchase the SPX, now I really want to stay with Novak, how long is the wait? I do not want to continue to be at a disadvantage!
boyntoncyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #119
Tech Apprentice
 
AdminD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 74
Default Novak Kinetic Sensorless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
then add a reference to when i can sell my gtb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyntoncyclone View Post
I own a Havoc 17.5 system and race the RCGT series in Florida, I am need of a esc with the timing advance, was ready to purchase the SPX, now I really want to stay with Novak, how long is the wait? I do not want to continue to be at a disadvantage!
Kinetic had abilities not just Timing advance but also Dynamic advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We are in the process of updating the copy to remove the "brush" reference and add info about the Kinetic's 1S capability.
NovakTwo you said that Novak Kinetic will also had no Sensorless Brushless Mode ? This will also reduce Novak Kinetic abilities.
__________________
Sliders
AdminD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #120
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

NovakTwo,

Not sure if this has been answered yet but will the new speed controller have a lower profile version too. It's pretty cramped in there under a 1/12th scale body.

I am thinking of a low profile heatsink or something like the 4cell GTB that just had the flat plate on it.

Thanks,
Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno, Homemade, Using a Novak Sentry Data Logger, Continued, The Experimental Thread. John Stranahan Electric On-Road 344 12-30-2016 05:22 PM
Novak Kinetic racer1812 Radio and Electronics 254 02-04-2013 08:52 PM
Novak Sentry as Brushless Dyno mattnin Electric On-Road 132 01-29-2010 05:53 PM
2009 i-hobby show b-man777 Electric On-Road 7 10-22-2009 09:35 AM
Spintec Battery Manager Erik Jonk Electric On-Road 999 03-26-2009 03:07 AM


Tags
brushless, gtb, novak kinetic, onroad, rc cars


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net