R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #1096
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for a ESC

I was interested in getting the new Kinetic ESC since Novak is now offering it with the computer attachment as a promo in Nov, but after reading up of the system and talking with a few people it seems that there is a problem. The problem is that the system does not work with window 7 because windows 7 is a 64 bit system. can any one verify this information? has there been an update to this and its has been fixed?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #1097
Tech Rookie

I was wondering if anyone as done any test of this Kenetic ESC in a real one on one type of setting against the other ESC out with the same features?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #1098
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MrQuiick" View Post
I was interested in getting the new Kinetic ESC since Novak is now offering it with the computer attachment as a promo in Nov, but after reading up of the system and talking with a few people it seems that there is a problem. The problem is that the system does not work with window 7 because windows 7 is a 64 bit system. can any one verify this information? has there been an update to this and its has been fixed?
It works with 32 bit version Window 7, we are not supporting Window 64 bit yet.
Adnan
Old 11-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #1099
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just downloaded and installed V2, works perfect, thanks again.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #1100
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Is this just for the 1S version?
Yes this one is just for 1S version.
We will be coming out with version 1.4 soon, Currently its in engineering testing, I will be interested in finding some beta tester for the new software.
Adnan
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #1101
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Windows 7 comes in 32 and 64 bit versions.
JimBo1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #1102
Tech Champion

Quote:
As escman stated, they are not supporting 64 bit, HOWEVER, I have it on my windows 7 64 bit home pc and it works. it took a bit of fussing about to get it to work but it does, I listed the instructions some pages back.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone as done any test of this Kenetic ESC in a real one on one type of setting against the other ESC out with the same features?
all of the boosting escs are different in how they setup, boost and adjust, so its kinda hard to do that, I have ran it against tekins and its every bit as fast now that I know how to adjust it. before novak I was running the speedpassion esc's (i've had each and every version and model) it is every bit as fast as those also. my club does not have any boosted classes so I haven't done any boosted testing with the 1s version other then at the TZGP last month and I was still figuring out what the 1s likes, (the same settings on 1s pan car were not as good as they were on a 2s sedan.) I can tell you that in no boost mode with a novak ballistic motor it is just that, ballistic.

Novak service is awesome
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #1103
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by escman View Post
We will be coming out with version 1.4 soon, Currently its in engineering testing, I will be interested in finding some beta tester for the new software.
Adnan
more then happy to help out, novak two has my email address
Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #1104
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by escman View Post
Adnan
I am planning on running this thing at the indoor champs. What are the changes you are making. Right now with everyone wanting to run in the spec class for stock, mostly I am adjusting the drive freq and break freq.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #1105
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I am planning on running this thing at the indoor champs. What are the changes you are making. Right now with everyone wanting to run in the spec class for stock, mostly I am adjusting the drive freq and break freq.
Did you get your brakes issue resolved?
Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #1106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
But the upside to the dongle from Castle is that they give it to you for free with the MM pro. You have to request it via coupon in the mail, but it is essentially comes with the controller. On top of that it is only 124$.
It's AMAZING what you can sell stuff for when you're using vacuum tubes instead of transistors. Anything THAT big and clunky HAS to have tubes in it, right?

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #1107
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
It's AMAZING what you can sell stuff for when you're using vacuum tubes instead of transistors. Anything THAT big and clunky HAS to have tubes in it, right?
LOL, yeah but size and weight wise it is actually smaller than the kinetic. I have used it in my TC for a while and it really isn't that big. Plus all its capacitors are actually inside the case. No dangling thing hanging from the side.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #1108
Tech Champion

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #1109
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
As escman stated, they are not supporting 64 bit, HOWEVER, I have it on my windows 7 64 bit home pc and it works. it took a bit of fussing about to get it to work but it does, I listed the instructions some pages back.

all of the boosting escs are different in how they setup, boost and adjust, so its kinda hard to do that, I have ran it against tekins and its every bit as fast now that I know how to adjust it. before novak I was running the speedpassion esc's (i've had each and every version and model) it is every bit as fast as those also. my club does not have any boosted classes so I haven't done any boosted testing with the 1s version other then at the TZGP last month and I was still figuring out what the 1s likes, (the same settings on 1s pan car were not as good as they were on a 2s sedan.) I can tell you that in no boost mode with a novak ballistic motor it is just that, ballistic.

Novak service is awesome
Thanks for your very informative response. I'm probably not going to go with the novak due to the sofeware issue. i have a very particular laptop and put a program on it that I know was not designed for it is just not a good idea based on past experiences. I wanted to go with something other than what everyone else was using i.e. "Tekin". I have a hoppywing 60A Xerun that I use in the 21.5 no timing no boost class because im not happy with the sofeware. I guess I'll have to give Tekin another look.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #1110
Tech Adept

Cool

Quote:
Thanks for your very informative response. I'm probably not going to go with the novak due to the sofeware issue. i have a very particular laptop and put a program on it that I know was not designed for it is just not a good idea based on past experiences. I wanted to go with something other than what everyone else was using i.e. "Tekin". I have a hoppywing 60A Xerun that I use in the 21.5 no timing no boost class because im not happy with the sofeware. I guess I'll have to give Tekin another look.
I have it on 2 computers a Win7 Home Premium (Track book) and Ultimate both 64bit OS - Windows supports 32bit apps on their 64bit platforms - runs with out issue on both

The only thing you need to do is install/run as administrator if you have not disabled the Windows UAC (pain it the butt) - I love the fact they even give you a tool in the msconfig to disable it -

I would install it and buy the Kinetic and be very happy
Team Associated - FT SC10 + 2S Kinetic/Ballistic 10.5
Mugen - MBX6 + Nova - hibernating 'till things warm up and dry-out....
aegiswa is offline   Reply With Quote