R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdminD View Post
Ok then New Controller will be following NovaLink Based.

Bad news for Controller such SLYDR, this kind controller is quite NEW.
Which Based on GTB, is SLYDR incompatible to NovaLink too ?

Why KINETIC is mention 2S ? ,while Other capable to 3S and more..
Dude, grammar.... get some.

As he has said multiple times, Novalink will only work with the Dig, Kinetic, and any future products meant for it. As for 2S, that's the only thing used in any type of competitive racing, and the Kinetic is definitely built for a racing demographic.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
Dude, grammar.... get some.

As he has said multiple times, Novalink will only work with the Dig, Kinetic, and any future products meant for it. As for 2S, that's the only thing used in any type of competitive racing, and the Kinetic is definitely built for a racing demographic.
Perhaps you might not realize but we have an international audience here and English is not everyone's first language. Your post isn't exactly perfect either, and it's a shame you don't understand the correct usage of an ellipsis.

You are also incorrect in stating 2s is "the only thing used in any type of competitive racing". Pan cars are running 1s and 1/8 electrics range from 2s up to 6s regularly. Due to the different cell counts in "competitive racing" a lot of manufacturers are indicating the cell count their electronics support.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #93
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
Perhaps you might not realize but we have an international audience here and English is not everyone's first language. Your post isn't exactly perfect either, and it's a shame you don't understand the correct usage of an ellipsis.

You are also incorrect in stating 2s is "the only thing used in any type of competitive racing". Pan cars are running 1s and 1/8 electrics range from 2s up to 6s regularly. Due to the different cell counts in "competitive racing" a lot of manufacturers are indicating the cell count their electronics support.
The Kinetic, like all Novak controllers, works fine on 1S and 4 NiMH. It was designed for low voltage use just as the GTBs, Havocs, SLYDRs and other earlier Novak controllers. This Kinetic controller is not rated for higher cell 1/8th scale racing.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #94
Tech Apprentice

Default KINETIC Sensorless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst

Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
The Kinetic, like all Novak controllers, works fine on 1S and 4 NiMH. It was designed for low voltage use just as the GTBs, Havocs, SLYDRs and other earlier Novak controllers. This Kinetic controller is not rated for higher cell 1/8th scale racing.
What so great is Novak did not Leave Brushed Mode.
While some manufacturer leave Brushed Mode because it's an Old technology,
and replace them with Sensorless Brushless Mode,
which causing cogging and kill The Hyper Drive Technology,
I see Novak Using Brushless Mode and Brushed Mode is Greatly based on Commutation.

since sensorless Motor could be usable too.
but wondering why is KINETIC don't have sensorless Mode ?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #95
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:

Ok, be honest. How many times did you proof this before hitting submit?

Just giving you a hard time, good post.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Obviously it will do 1S, I was referring to the max, as that's what the original question was worded at. And as far as 6S goes, that's a totally different ball game, as those systems are meant for 1/8 applications and don't even use 540 motors.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

release date please?
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #98
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks NovakTwo. I wasn't questioning your product and realize it's capabilities. My statements were directed at the quoted poster, who felt it necessary to make comments that were far from reality and quite unnecessary.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #99
Company Representative

Actually, we are dropping the Brush mode from the Kinetic. Microprocessors have limited space, so we decided to use the space for features related to BL use only.

Not much brush racing going on any more anyway; especially in the rarefied atmosphere of high end racing electronics.

Our GTBs, Havoc 1S, 2S and 3S controllers still offer brush modes. No sensorless mode for the Kinetic; this is the racing controller for our sensored Ballistic motors.

I will post a ship date whenever it has been determined.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #100
Tech Adept

Forgive me if this has already been answered...

Can you make your own "profiles" on the laptop and then switch between them at the track without laptop? If so, how many user profiles can be stored?

I'd like to use this one speedy for mod and 10.5t racing using a simple press of a button on the speedy to switch profiles and kick in some dynamic timing for the 10.5t.

Chris...
gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #101
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
Forgive me if this has already been answered...

Can you make your own "profiles" on the laptop and then switch between them at the track without laptop? If so, how many user profiles can be stored?

I'd like to use this one speedy for mod and 10.5t racing using a simple press of a button on the speedy to switch profiles and kick in some dynamic timing for the 10.5t.

Chris...
I don't personally have the answer, but I will check this out.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #102
Tech Apprentice

Default KINETIC Brushed Mode

Quote:
I don't personally have the answer, but I will check this out.
Could KINETIC Brushed Mode reversible (F/B/R)?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #103
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdminD View Post
Could KINETIC Brushed Mode reversible (F/B/R)?
As I explained above, we have decided not to include a "brush" mode in the Kinetic.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #104
Tech Apprentice

Default KINETIC Brushed Mode

Quote:
As I explained above, we have decided not to include a "brush" mode in the Kinetic.
This is Novak
"
After years of designing, testing and perfecting, Novak – the forerunner of speed control technology – has completed its greatest engineering accomplishment. Novak’s flagship Kinetic Racing Brushless/Brush ESC (#1740),
"
are you serious ? NOVAK's Planed to had Kinetic Brushed Mode,

Back Old time ago I've been using Novak SS controller, Untill Now it was OK
Where Nobody else using Brushless Technology. we trust NOVAK,
but what disappointed is Novak SS dont have Brushed Mode, and then
came out SS+ and GTB, which allowed us to still using Brushed Mode.

If KINETIC are Going back to the past Problem's Like SS controller, we loose any other Benefit from NOVAK Kinetic.
Unless if the firmware Updates allowed us to still able to Use Brushed Mode on KINETIC, That's Might be Okay.

Never forget That's why People in the past loved NOVAK is they can Still want's to used Novak Controller for On-Road and Off-Road, and many Other Kind Of type. The Benefit to choose Novak.

Let's not disappointed US.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Yeah, I wouldnt mind it having brushed mode too(still own alot good stock motors) but like he said, everyone is switching to brushless and not much use for brushed as a whole anymore.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote