R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

on mine, cause I don't follow or knew there were directions,, I downloaded big file, clicked drivers loaded those, then clicked the installer file, when that was done I clicked setup, it asked two question that I didn't understand, the repair question seemed safer of the two so I clicked that. When it was all done I closed everything, restarted computer, double clicked the novalink icon, opening window popped up, at bottom of window it said device not connected. I plugged in the usb cable to the computer then the link to esc. Esc connected and new window opened. All is good
Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
on mine, cause I don't follow or knew there were directions,, I downloaded big file, clicked drivers loaded those, then clicked the installer file, when that was done I clicked setup, it asked two question that I didn't understand, the repair question seemed safer of the two so I clicked that. When it was all done I closed everything, restarted computer, double clicked the novalink icon, opening window popped up, at bottom of window it said device not connected. I plugged in the usb cable to the computer then the link to esc. Esc connected and new window opened. All is good
Well I just tried it that way too, and no luck. I think I'm cursed from using this program! Hey X, I'm trying to download office on the new computer now to send you the screen print of the drivers.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any word on the Single cell ESC?
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
Well I just tried it that way too, and no luck. I think I'm cursed from using this program! Hey X, I'm trying to download office on the new computer now to send you the screen print of the drivers.
maybe a bad cable, or link???

i after reading the directions it said to connect the usb cable and link before clicking install,( actually i guess y our suppose to click setup and not install)

i didn't do it that way, but it works anyway, I'll play with the windows 7 computer and see what I can make it do. good luck
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #575
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ED- Good job promoting and helping folks on the message boards. Like I said before. I'm just looking to bring the fun back in racing around our local area. This weekend will be full of trash talking among friends and info shared across the board. It's going to be great There is no clear cut favorite in 17.5 this weekend. Good luck to you and I pray you don't bake tomorrow night. Temps are showing 107 in Roseville
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #576
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ed, think Sun Block 10,000 and a portable A/C unit. LOL Good Luck!

Does Billy carry SJR 50s? LOL

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #577
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
maybe a bad cable, or link???

i after reading the directions it said to connect the usb cable and link before clicking install,( actually i guess y our suppose to click setup and not install)

i didn't do it that way, but it works anyway, I'll play with the windows 7 computer and see what I can make it do. good luck
I'm getting a new Novalink Interface tomorrow. I will keep you guys up to speed on what happens. Thats the only thing left in my opinion. Ive tried 3 different computers, with three different O.S. and still the same thing. Plus, when I plug the device into my computer after the drivers are loaded, it doesn't recognize it. It has to be the interface.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #578
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
I'm getting a new Novalink Interface tomorrow. I will keep you guys up to speed on what happens. Thats the only thing left in my opinion. Ive tried 3 different computers, with three different O.S. and still the same thing. Plus, when I plug the device into my computer after the drivers are loaded, it doesn't recognize it. It has to be the interface.
I dont know if I can explain thsi right, but here goes. Mine acted differently if I unplugged the esc vs unplugging the Novak link from the usb cable. Often I could not get it to do anything good until I powered down the entire link.

Best of luck to you, but you'll get it soon. The esc sure is worth it!

Last edited by rcannon409; 08-24-2010 at 09:34 PM.
rcannon409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #579
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
ED- Good job promoting and helping folks on the message boards. Like I said before. I'm just looking to bring the fun back in racing around our local area. This weekend will be full of trash talking among friends and info shared across the board. It's going to be great There is no clear cut favorite in 17.5 this weekend. Good luck to you and I pray you don't bake tomorrow night. Temps are showing 107 in Roseville
thanks Clint, You the Man, I dont plan to get there till after 5 so i should be o.k. the Chipotle Races should be off the hook. i got some ideas as far as my Kinetic setting go. I tested them at Nor Cal monday. track was 140, motor at 5min was 155 and i was pulling low 15s with the best of 15 flat. this was the same layout as the nats!! so im real eager to get to SpeedWorld to see how it works out. just being in the A is goin to be tough. See you there....
ed517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #580
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon409 View Post
I dont know if I can explain thsi right, but here goes. Mine acted differently if I unplugged the esc vs unplugging the Novak link from the usb cable. Often I could nto get it to do anythign good until I powered down the entire link.

Best of luck to you, but you'll get it soon. The esc sure is worth it!
Thanks. I tried that as well, with no luck. I'm sure its the link. It cant be anything else. Everyone elses is working but mine.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default novalink

Hi all...
Start the Novalink program..then hook up the cable, the hook up the esc..It works guys..read the instructions...
then backward to disconnect....
I do not need my radio on the do the programming..
Mike
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #582
Tech Master

Thanks, but we did all of that and read all of the instructions.......
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #583
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just got mine today but I'm not ready to dig it outta the package just yet

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #584
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks like running a low FDR is the way to go. I updated the firmware last night and I think this helped too, but today running for well over 10min motor temp was only 150, that was running a duo 2 17.5 with a 5.17 FDR. Nice and smooth got good punch out of the corners, and plenty of speed where I needed. Now I just wish my track was bigger. 65 x 40 is just not big enough for this kind of power. I am going to be looking at the setting for my other controllers. It will be interesting running this back to back against my Mamba and Tekin, now that I got the settings dialed in.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #585
Tech Master

I will do the firmware as soon as my Novalink gets fixed. What does the firmware change on the esc? What do you know a difference in the most?