R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #241
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
Interesting reading, all 16 pages , I just purchased a ballistic motor, On the package it says it is compatable with brushless esc's, does that include the GTB, and the GTB 4 cell. One thing I learned is the shipping date will be announced when it is available!!!!!!!! Now can some one tell me how to set the clock on my VCR....
Yeah, I'm sure that have have posted that I will "post the shipping date when available" many, many times.....

Our Ballistic is compatible with our GTBs (including 4-cell), SLYDR, Havocs (1S, 2S, 3S and Pro), XBR, Mongoose, Goats and HV Pros.

We offer a Crawler Ballistic with a different sensor board, for crawling applications.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=NovakTwo;6904399]Yeah, I'm sure that have have posted that I will "post the shipping date when available" many, many times..... QUOTE]

Maybe we should use the Losi approach when the JRXS-R was coming out.."in 2 weeks"

Hope the speedo is as fast as the others..waiting to see how it does in the market once it comes out.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #243
Tech Adept

Default Hellooo Anybody Home?

Novak,

Any report for your supporters? Run-down of the issues being worked out from the Snowbirds? Informed supporters will stick with you. An eternity has gone by since the original release attempt last Fall. Folks are very forgining if you take the time to tell them what's going right, what's going wrong and what your doing to fix it.

I witnessed a 'Novakee', that has run your stuff solely since your company first started in RC, describe with disappointment, making the call to cancel his back-order this week.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #244
Tech Master

Howdy,

While am in NO WAY commenting on anything official as to the release of the Kinetic I can say that most of the problems from Snowbirds had very very little to do with the Kinetic itself. It was (excuse the pun) bad timing....

I worked with a limited number of drivers using the kinetic on basically the First Day of Practice at the Birds. Not really an ideal testing bed. However, this was the best that could be done and a lot was learned very quickly.

Gearing and Car setup are always crucial, and due to last minute changes to the software we had a lot to figure out very quickly, and were less then successful in "Showing up and being the Fastest" out of the block. But I don't honestly think that any of the "New stuff" has been perfect the first time out.

Lots of Notes were taken, and we had a meeting the Monday after the race to make sure more notes were taken while everything was fresh in our heads.

I'm sure everyone is sitting at home thinking, Well why don't they just fix it, or copy XXX or do more testing..... If only it were that simple.

I don't when exactly the Kinetic will be released, but I do know Novak is taking this project extremely seriously and looking to bring the "right" product to the masses.

As useful information is available, I'm sure it will be made known.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 02-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #245
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will we be able to exchange our current GTB's for the Kinetic? I was looking at the sheet and it appears we won't be able to.

Just want to make sure will or won't we be able to.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #246
Tech Adept

My concern with this speed control is the fact that it has been in development for so long. It was probably built to compete with the SPX and and older versions softwear from Tekin. As far as I know you cannot upgrade so consequentally if it was released today it would way behind the eight ball.

I have been a Novak supporter for years. They were always superior as it relates to brushed technology and there custmer service was always top notch.

Where is Bob and Tyree??? Cmon back boys!
Jeremy Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have to agree, and being able to update the firmware is just about a must these days.

Last edited by xtraman122; 04-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #248
Company Representative

I'm not sure where you are getting the idea hat the Kinetic firmware cannot be updated thru the NovaLink?

Releasing the Kinetic before the firmware development was completed would have made little sense. We have taken the additional time to add additional features, to make the Kinetic an even better controller.

The Kinetic is not 40.00 more. This is our racing controller---for motor winds 3.5 and above.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #249
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s View Post
Will we be able to exchange our current GTB's for the Kinetic? I was looking at the sheet and it appears we won't be able to.

Just want to make sure will or won't we be able to.

Thanks.
We will be making some significant changes to our comprehensive Service Trade-In programs. I will post links when the pages have been updated.

However, the exchanges into newly released items are generally not offered for several months after we begin shipping the products.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #250
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

I need some help buying a speed control it's between a tekin rs pro or the new novak speed control what's a better speed control ?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well, the Kinetic isn't even available yet, so it's pretty tough to say. But as far as the Tekin goes why do you need the Pro? Unless you're running anything hotter than a 5.5 the RS will do fine, the only difference is how hot of a motor they can handle.
xtraman122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Any updates on Kinetic?
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #253
Company Representative

Default Super Kinetic News!

Charlie Suangka's Cactus Classic Update

Quote:
Jeremy Felles of the West Coast RC Raceway, and Team ICON Brushless Motors, took
the Top Qualifying Honors in Both 2wd Stock (13.5) Buggy and 2wd Stock (13.5) Truck. Jeremy was also able to Take Home the overall Win in Both Classes, with 2 out of 3 of the Triple A Mains using Novak's Kinetic Brushless ESC.

In the 2wd Truck Division, there were 3 other Kinetic Equipped Trucks, ICON's very own Danny Stojachovic and fellow Team Mate Kevin Smit, as well as Team Novak Driver Bill Koch using a Ballistic 17.5 in the 13.5 Division! For Bill,
sometimes Slower is Faster.

Danny Finished 4th Overall, Kevin 6th, and Bill 7th.

Danny Stojachovic also finished 5th overall in the 2wd Buggy Division.

Bill Koch was able to place his Ballistic Powered 13.5 2wd Truck firmly into the 10.5 Truck A Final. After the 15 minute main event was complete, and some very dicey racing, Bill was able to bring home 5th place overall.

Danny, Kevin, Bill, and Jeremy all used the Novak Kinetic! Of the 7 Kinetic ESC's at the Event, all 7 were used to help the drivers make the A-Main.

Jeff Helms placed his Pro-2 Entry firmly into the 15 Minute A Main using a GTB with Ballistic 10.5. Local hot shoe Mac Mitchell was able to Bump Up from the B Final into the A final of Pro-2 using a Havoc Pro and Ballistic 10.5. The Novak
Powered Duo finished 7th and 8th.

From Everyone here at Novak Electronics we'd like to say THANK YOU for Choosing
Novak, and Congratulations!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #254
Tech Addict

Hello i dont use novak products and probly wont get the new speedo as i am very happy with my gm speed controller, but i have used novak brushed stuff in the past. Just remember the quality control that is always maintained by novak and also remember how very average the tekin speed controller was when it was released. Only now that it has an advantage over some other speed controllers on the market has everybody jumped ship to tekin. Not that thats a bad thing as this is racing after all and we are all looking for that little extra. Just looks to me that novak are trying to make there speedo competitive from the laucnh date rather than 6 months of averageness.
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Charlie Suangka's Cactus Classic Update
Danny, Kevin, Bill, and Jeremy all used the Novak Kinetic! Of the 7 Kinetic ESC's at the Event, all 7 were used to help the drivers make the A-Main.
Watch out! Now people are going to cry for it to be banned!!!
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote