Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Brushless Motor System (45039) Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Tamiya Brushless Motor System (45039) Question

Has anyone had experience on the Tamiya Brushless Motor System (45039)?

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bru...r-p-28425.html

I plan on using it for drifting.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It is a good unit for drifting or even for touring (although there is no category yet available for this 12T BL Motor).

I have had this unit and used it for drifting and it was great to use. The Downside would be, it is not lipo ready. You'll be needing LiPo CutOff for it.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

I plan on using a 5000mah Intellect Battery for it. Something simple. I just hope it's got allot of torque.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

It has torque alright but the problem with sensor less BL Motor is the "CHOKING" thing at the start of the run from a full stop. But above all, for drifting, it is a good UNIT.

But if you want, you could get the EZBrushless Unit, it is the same but cheaper.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The brushes

Was just informed about brushless,my previous post was wrong,

Last edited by RR826; 10-24-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

we need a face palm smilie......
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
It is a good unit for drifting or even for touring (although there is no category yet available for this 12T BL Motor).

I have had this unit and used it for drifting and it was great to use. The Downside would be, it is not lipo ready. You'll be needing LiPo CutOff for it.
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bru...1-p-28424.html

It says it has a low voltage protection system.

Can I use any Sensorless Brushless Motor with the Tamiya Brushless System 45039 ESC.

What's the smallest(most compact, small form) Brushless ESC with/without built in lipo cutoff they make?

Last edited by DriftWoof; 10-20-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
we need a face palm smilie......
There is a hidden BB code:

......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

haha
Old 10-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

could someone post a cutt-off that i can use with the Tamiya 45039.

cheers!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

If you guys don't mind I'd like to stay on topic. Although I see where your going with the face palm.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bru...1-p-28424.html

It says it has a low voltage protection system. Is it a cutoff for Lipo? Can it use lipo?

Can I use any Sensorless Brushless Motor with the Tamiya Brushless System 45039 ESC.

What's the smallest(most compact, small form) Brushless ESC with/without built in lipo cutoff they make?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Hey DriftWood,

Low voltage protection for NiCd/NiMh batts but not LiPo Batts. You will be needing separate LiPo CutOff or a Warning device to be able to use LiPos on it.

Well, regarding to your other question if you could use another brand of motor with the ESC Bl Unit, unfortunately, I haven't tried it. Although, it says in the manual, Any Tamiya BL Series Motor can be used, maybe sensorless too but the tamiya didn't specify any, especially the limitation of turns of the BL Motor.

So far, I think the esc that has a built in lipo cutoff of Tamiya is the Volac ESC that looks like exactly the LRP Competition TC Spec. For the others, none
Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RR826
hey,
do the brushes on these motors have a special name,i kno they are brushless but if you look in side they are using brushes,i need some of them and i dont kno what they are named
Quoted for truth.

Back on topic. Why hasn't Tamiya gone bigger with their brushless stuff? I don't see them for sale or advertised very many places. It looks very similar to a Castle ESC.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MonkeyFist
Quoted for truth.

Back on topic. Why hasn't Tamiya gone bigger with their brushless stuff? I don't see them for sale or advertised very many places. It looks very similar to a Castle ESC.
Well, maybe because they are not focusing on such product as for the Brushless System. They are more focusing on their expertise like the Kits, and so on.

They leave those things to the other brands who really specializes on them like the LRP, SP, etc.

Just my thoughts
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

But Tamiya has such a rabid following that if they wanted to they could have a very big market presence. Kinda seems like a missed oppertunity for them. HPI just rebadged a Castle system with the Flux, so Tamiya could do the same with a different system. Oh well I guess thats why I don't work in marketing or sales.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Maybe they saw that coming already. They are just trying to research more on some stuff, whatsoever.

But if I were in their case, I would not bother to grab that opportunity because I have a lot of competitors and they are somewhat already at the Maturity stage rather than introduction stage in a marketing perspective.

I would somewhat stick to what I have which is retaining from the maturity stage and maybe later on think of something new that less has just thought of or better yet, none of them have thought of. But remembering the risk.

Anyway, as far as I am concern, it is their department, not mine

Just a thought and no harm done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.