R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
If that's the same Evo4 his friend used in Vegas, then I'm a believer. That thing was like cheating on the straights. Kinda makes me want to find an Evo5MS for some 17.5 action.
Why not use a TB03?
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Why not use a TB03?
I guess that's an option too. Do they make a reinforced chassis for it like the TA05? I'd think the soft plastic might scrub on high-bite carpet.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I guess that's an option too. Do they make a reinforced chassis for it like the TA05? I'd think the soft plastic might scrub on high-bite carpet.
Yeah, my friend Timmie runs it with the carbon tub. It's hella fast... and hella free! He ran it on carpet a few weeks back in 17.5. He TQ'd and won. It was pretty fast. I wouldn't mind going back to shaft for fun in 17.5. Just wish Yokomo would come out with a new shaft car. But I do have my Evo IV laying around..... I just need aluminum rear diff for it. Then I'll play with it again. I smoke delrin diffs too easy.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Yeah, my friend Timmie runs it with the carbon tub. It's hella fast... and hella free! He ran it on carpet a few weeks back in 17.5. He TQ'd and won. It was pretty fast. I wouldn't mind going back to shaft for fun in 17.5. Just wish Yokomo would come out with a new shaft car. But I do have my Evo IV laying around..... I just need aluminum rear diff for it. Then I'll play with it again. I smoke delrin diffs too easy.
He was carrying some serious speed.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
If that's the same Evo4 his friend used in Vegas, then I'm a believer. That thing was like cheating on the straights. Kinda makes me want to find an Evo5MS for some 17.5 action.
That was the one....
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,772
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I have raced on both tracks in question here and I think Billys track is 160 feet from outside to outside. Which makes the driveline part of the straight 150 or so maybe less. The track the car was clocked at 40mph was geared to the moon obviously at 3.7 or whatever and its 180 from inside of the straight to inside of the straight the track is over 200 feet I believe.

Totally possible.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mi3 Rolling Chassis, Novak GTB ESC, Speed Passion 17.5 Stevo_Aus Australia For Sale/Trade 7 05-11-2011 05:04 PM
Lipo's in 17.5 class paraletic Electric On-Road 49 10-10-2009 12:00 AM
gun 17.5 brushless??? decibels Electric On-Road 14 08-21-2009 06:13 AM
17.5 Question - Performance across brands? Syber Serulean Electric On-Road 34 09-29-2008 12:39 PM
17.5 in Off-Road trailranger Electric Off-Road 141 06-18-2008 07:18 PM
17.5 vs 27t robk Electric On-Road 64 03-18-2008 07:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net