R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
The TC5 is a good car with good parts availability. The chassis is a bit
older than some of the others but it remains a capable car. What class do you intend to run? Do you intend to run mod, or stock classes?
the place that I plan on racing at does not really have a modified or a stock class they just have a class for Road Course, and oval there are really no motor restrictions just as long as you keep it within reason. But if i race somewhere with a mod and stock, I would race modified. Hope this helps answer some questions.

Matt
M.Huerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If your shop supports JRX-S, I'd be hardpressed to get anything else.

That battery running down the center is the hot setup... For me, Losi parts supports has been weird ever since Horizon took over. Many hobby shops just doesn't carry it because they are competitors with Horizon (stupid move by Horizon)...
Old 10-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
If your shop supports JRX-S, I'd be hardpressed to get anything else.

That battery running down the center is the hot setup... For me, Losi parts supports has been weird ever since Horizon took over. Many hobby shops just doesn't carry it because they are competitors with Horizon (stupid move by Horizon)...
I will probably get the tc5, I just got off the phone with the shop and they have a lot of support for the TC5R
Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
Yeah, there are always the exceptions. I don't see how you could go from a carpet to asphalt setup and be equally fast.

One of the guys here may have tried Mike Haynes' setup for all I know. He has been running this car for sometime. What I do know is that his car is not as fast on the track as it should be and again, he has no local support as very few people who race on asphalt use this car.
You can't let the equipement do you in. Plus there is a great forum here on the type r. I think one person at my track runs the type r,even if it was no one I would still run it. Just because more people aren't running the car does not mean its a bad car. I would rather have something not everyone has that something everyone has. Just me I guess. Just like you found this forum I am sure they could have found it for answers to the problems they were having. Just my .02 cents
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #20
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Just make sure whatever you choose there is parts support for the car. I like Xray stuff but I would have to basically carry a parts car with me as their is no support for Xray at any of the places I race. I choose to run the TC5r because if I break a steering block I like knowing I can go in the hobby shop and buy a new one and be ready for the next heat. Instead of having to pack up, come home order the part and sit and wait on on the mail... Also since it's a popular car there is likely a lot of people already running the car that would be willing to help you get it set up.

Also the Tekin RS is an awesome ESC..
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
You can't let the equipement do you in. Plus there is a great forum here on the type r. I think one person at my track runs the type r,even if it was no one I would still run it. Just because more people aren't running the car does not mean its a bad car. I would rather have something not everyone has that something everyone has. Just me I guess. Just like you found this forum I am sure they could have found it for answers to the problems they were having. Just my .02 cents
When did I ever state that the TypeR was a bad car? What I stated is that the car is difficult to get dialed in on asphalt. The Losi TypeR has an ultra rigid chassis which tends to give the car a feel as if it is skating across the asphalt as opposed to digging in. I actually forgot, but I owned a Losi Type R earlier this year.

What I don't understand is why people would support a car when the company manufacturing the car won't even support?

I understand a desire to be different, however, a driver will be a lot more capable when there is a team of drivers that they can lean on for additional setup options and support.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Huerta View Post
I will probably get the tc5, I just got off the phone with the shop and they have a lot of support for the TC5R
Good move. Trying to run a car without shop support really isn't any fun.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Good move. Trying to run a car without shop support really isn't any fun.
well they sell all the losi parts, but I like the tc5 better. But I know what you mean about not havin parts support at your shop, I fly RC helis and there is only ONE place in the US that sells parts and kits!, luckily you NEVER wait more than 2 working days for your order so thats nice.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I maybe selling off my TC5 set up. I need money and with the my local track being so far away I can't see myself doing too much racing any time soon. I have pics and list of the stuff included.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

just get an xray
TRXRACER99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
When did I ever state that the TypeR was a bad car? What I stated is that the car is difficult to get dialed in on asphalt. The Losi TypeR has an ultra rigid chassis which tends to give the car a feel as if it is skating across the asphalt as opposed to digging in. I actually forgot, but I owned a Losi Type R earlier this year.

What I don't understand is why people would support a car when the company manufacturing the car won't even support?

I understand a desire to be different, however, a driver will be a lot more capable when there is a team of drivers that they can lean on for additional setup options and support.
I do apologize I was not trying to imply that you said it was a bad car. I have just heard it said the car was no good before. We don't have a team driving the car anymore but we still get support from those guys who use to drive it like Schreff and Fairtrace. I do find it strange that losi does not support it anymore but onroad is not what it use to be and as a business maybe they feel they need to go where the money is. Either way you are right about the support and if there was not a Type R forum like the one here I would be more in the corner of moving on to something else.
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #27
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

a Good question! hhahah...
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote