R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #46
Tech Addict
 
Mini-Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Santa Rosa,CA
Posts: 578
Default

I can't wait for this race. I was just there today practicing some mod TC and the track was hooked.
__________________
E.Albano

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #47
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

You can sign up and see the flier on roarracing.com
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Can we get a sticky on this thread???

Registration is open for this race. Start getting those entries in guys. Less than 2 months before race weekend and less than 30 days left before late entry fees kick in.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #49
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Can we get a sticky on this thread???

Registration is open for this race. Start getting those entries in guys. Less than 2 months before race weekend and less than 30 days left before late entry fees kick in.
Ruben,

Can you post the classes that are offered if you know what they are. Or do you know if there has been any changes to the Nats flyer? The classes offered in this thread and on the flyer are not the same. I am hoping that they will add a TC 13.5 class and a 1/12th 13.5 class. I am hoping to go to the race even if they don't. Can't wait to get on some hot asphalt.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,247
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Ruben,

Can you post the classes that are offered if you know what they are. Or do you know if there has been any changes to the Nats flyer? The classes offered in this thread and on the flyer are not the same. I am hoping that they will add a TC 13.5 class and a 1/12th 13.5 class. I am hoping to go to the race even if they don't. Can't wait to get on some hot asphalt.

Steve
The flyer is correct, it's the same as what's on roar's site. So no more 13.5 classes.
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #51
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I know registrations are slim to date but does anyone normally run 1/12th on this track? Turnout at last years asphalt nats was really lite for 1/12 so we only ran 17.5T (back when 17.5 used to be kind of slow).
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #52
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I know registrations are slim to date but does anyone normally run 1/12th on this track? Turnout at last years asphalt nats was really lite for 1/12 so we only ran 17.5T (back when 17.5 used to be kind of slow).
Yes they do! 1/12th on this track is awesome cause the track is butter smooth with tons of grip!
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #53
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Yes they do! 1/12th on this track is awesome cause the track is butter smooth with tons of grip!
interesting. what class is there a weekly turnout for? what tire compounds are popular front and rear? pinks? magenta? dbl pink? thanks!
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #54
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

17.5 is what they run in 12th scale. I haven't ran my 12th scale on the asphalt track too recently(2 mos maybe?) but I ran pink in front and gray rears. It drove well.

A lot more of the guys have gotten real dialed in. I'm sure they will chime in.


Don't hesitate to sign up for this race. They guys there run a very good program and do everything they can to make the best week of racing for everyone. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone who attended the Reedy Race.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #55
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Mike I ran 12th 17.5 at Norcal ..at the club race the weekend before the Reedy. I was running Magenta/Magenta.. and the car was a little too stuck...

The track was dialled, and is an AWESOME surface for 12th... I can not wait to make it out there for the Nats...

Great Crew, Great Location, Great Track, Awesome Weather and pitting inside....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
interesting. what class is there a weekly turnout for? what tire compounds are popular front and rear? pinks? magenta? dbl pink? thanks!
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #56
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

thanks fred, pakk and tim for the info on 1/12th. this is pretty exciting to hear that 1/12th outdoors is alive and well at NorCal. i hope to make the event....
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #57
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
thanks fred, pakk and tim for the info on 1/12th. this is pretty exciting to hear that 1/12th outdoors is alive and well at NorCal. i hope to make the event....
Im sure 12th scale wont be as bad as last years paved nats LOL.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #58
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,558
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
Im sure 12th scale wont be as bad as last years paved nats LOL.
wow - thanks karl. you should make it out to the nats this year too. you did great in mod tc last year....

i dont know why the C's didn't have 1/12th -- that track was super smooth... although the grip was one of the most unique i've ever raced on. our 1/12th scale lines really didnt match the touring car lines which certainly made for some interesting traction conditions at corner entry and exit.
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #59
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
The flyer is correct, it's the same as what's on roar's site. So no more 13.5 classes.
Thanks Scott, I will now make my plans accordingly.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #60
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
wow - thanks karl. you should make it out to the nats this year too. you did great in mod tc last year....

i dont know why the C's didn't have 1/12th -- that track was super smooth... although the grip was one of the most unique i've ever raced on. our 1/12th scale lines really didnt match the touring car lines which certainly made for some interesting traction conditions at corner entry and exit.
Id certainly like to go...

I learned how to drive on that track with a 12th scale about 5 years ago. As soon as I ran carpet 12th scale it was beyond easy. It is a good surface for 12th but extremely weird for them.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net