R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
It is a 10L(ish), but definitely a custom or aftermarket chassis and newer front suspension from AE (not the purpel dye though). It is a 235mm wide format for the class like 1986...there were a 200mm shaft and conversion for that when they change to 200mm when Touring Car was hot at early 90s...however, that was like good 18 years ago, so good luck finding it.

If you really want to race WGT, really, get a used recent model WGT...I am sure they are dirt cheap. This 10L is way old of a design and I am not sure you can still find TIRES that work with the old wheels adaptor. You might have to glue your foams and find the old rims for that..

Not worth to spend money to buy parts and run it...just use it for collection.
Um, the tires are the same. And it's a stock AE chassis that has been modified.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm gonna do some research and if it cost more than what i want to make it worth i rather go pick up an HPI F1 for that price. If anything ill clean it up put a silver can in it,the gtx i have and shelve it for those hey check this out.Thanks for all the input guys.
DezSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Tech Master

Hi mate, you would be much better off forgetting about converting what you have there to a GT10 formatted chassis. New chassis, cross brace, upper and lower pod plates and rear hubs would be needed. GT10's have been out for a while now so people have tried them, and maybe found the class is not for them, so they are going for good prices on ebay, etc. I think you would be better off keeping this as a Pro10 car with one of the Protoform b'shells that are still availible and at least then, things like tyres, etc will fit both chassis's. Cheers.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Ok so found my calipers and it comes in at 200mm in the rear. So i may or may not do it . Gonna talk to the local ae guys and have them help me set it up.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The rear looks pretty wide so I would have to guess that it's some variant of the RC10L.

I have the RC10LSS (super speedway), which was a much more narrower chassis and has battery slots to one side since it was for oval (what was I thinking? Oval racing is *yawn*).

Nevertheless, the last time I ran the RC10LSS, I shattered the entire front end (just suspension, the chassis is fine), I've put on front end suspension parts from the RC10L4, which was a direct bolt-on. Which is what I think is what that owner did...

As for that chassis, it looks odd... Anything RC10L4 and previous had slots for NiMH/NiCd cells... And one side seems to be missing that "triangle" side bumper thingie...

200mm body SHOULD fit... I have a SUPER SPEEDWAY version and the 200mm Camaro SS body I bought for it fits good...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
Tech Champion

No it's definately an SS rear pod and should fit fine in the rear for a WGT car...however the issue is going to be in the front where it probably will be too narrow. Might be able to get away with throwing an old wide chassis on it and with the SS rear should be about the right width all around for WGT...but I'm not 100% sure. I know I have a really nice wide chassis kicking around here somewhere...when I find that I'll check the screw hole width compared to my WGT car.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Cool thanks for the info. Also measured front overall its at 185mm. I dont know what it should be or how close this is to WGT spec.