R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
munrath, I'm running mod...
I will bring a shop-vac
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitsum View Post
3 classes is all you need to cover the entire racing community. Do it old school.

Stock.....Super Stock.....Modified
Not that sounds like a plan.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I agree to an extent (though I sense some sarcasm ), but how do we account for the fact that many people don't want to travel to race a single class?
The second TC class could be:
Foam 13.5
A TC chassis with GT body (like RCGT)

Also World GT or 1/12.

Or you just scrap 13.5 and run 1S 3.7V Modified across the board which based on actual testing works out to about 13.5 speeds.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #124
Suspended

Default What?

What is the reasoning for not allowing 17.5 guys to run 13.5 also?

I mean really, what is the reasoning? I know I won't make the trip and I am only 3 hours away. I ran the Nats at the Gate last year and did fine in both classes (17.5 and 13.5) using only one car.

Now I would have to spend the same amount of money to race only one class!

Don't suggest running WGT either, they are overpriced and oversized 12th scales, nothing more.

I like 1/12th scale, but it is simpler to focus on one chassis during a weekend.

What problem is being addressed by having a sportsman class? It has been years since anybody was actually "really" sponsered anyway.

Run 13.5 1/12th scale, 17.5 foam TC, 13.5 Rubber TC, and mod in both 1/12th and TC. Let anybody run whatever they want. Done and done! It would be a decent compromise for everybody. Plus, you only have 5 classes. Everybody happy!

***** The GATE - Live Nude Jumpin Jacks *****
Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #125
Tech Master

Ladies and Germs, that was H-Rob's very first post that had anything to do with racing.

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #126
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's McSmooth's world, we just live in it.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
It's McSmooth's world, we just live in it.
Hey Jim,

You coming down to Maryland in March?
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I was going to post the same thing.

I really admire the 1/8 off-road drivers. Novices race Pros, sponsored guys race againt privateers, prototype parts race against production parts, drivers don't seem to complain, the races are easily filled, the class is thriving worldwide, and American drivers are among the best drivers in the world.

This might be time for Touring Car mod, stock, superstock, foam, masters, etc etc etc to just become Touring Car with 13.5 motors and rubber tires. Run them all together and give some feel good special awards to the best privateer, best kid, or best old guy.
AMEN TO THAT!!!

TC could have one "motor" choice..say 10.5.

Then have Sportsman, Inter. and pro "classes"

I went to an 8th scale race this past weekend that had a "breakout rule".

You sign up for Sportsman and your first qual. time put you in the top 8 of Inter. or sign up for inter. and your time put you in the top 8 of Pro. You had a choice to move up and take your time to that class w/ no penalty or take the chance and stay in Sportsman or Inter.. BUT if you did end up at the of the quals in the top 8 of the class in front of you and you chose NOT TO move up after the 1st qual....you started dead last in the higher class anyway.

I would love to see TC strive like 8th sacle is now..but in the current situation its in...no way!

The racers and Manufacters have alot to do with the situation TC is in now...See EA's post and think back 2-4 yrs ago!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I drove stock foam in the 2009 nats and I'm not that good. During the qualifiers I was constantly taking crap from the other drivers like I wasn't supposed to be there. Didn't make it a fun time. But that was the slowest class available.

I also raced 13.5 rubber, the slowest rubber class. I jumped my car onto the scorers table.. twice. I shouldn't have been in 13.5, but that is all there was.

So, for guys like me who avoid any big race because they don't want to take crap for not driving as well as the better guys.. I am all for a class that lets me enjoy the event. I don't care how it's done, 1/8th style, past performance, or sponsorship. I know I won't win, I just hate pissing off all the better drivers and would rather race some folks my skill level.

I just wanna drive my toy car around and have fun =)
Old 10-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

This is posted on Dawns Facebook page.

Dawn Maxwell Sanchez
on road electric forum.. the thread about the nats at Mimi's.... It would appear Fairtrace and Miller are very offended that they are getting forced to race where they should be racing and not allowed to sandbag anymore....

oh yea, I said that publically.... its my page.. I get to do that...

And this is why I do not respect you and from what I can tell most other onroad racers feel the same way. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are so out of touch with the Onroad racing scene and mostly every choice that Roar has made since your coup into the presidency has been idiotic and this just falls into the long list.

I have raced stock about 1 time in the last 2-3 years. I never plan to race stock again in my life. Just like most things you are missing the point of mine and most other peoples posts.

You made my decision easy on going to the nats now. Even though the race is less than 3 hours from me I think I'll be racing at our local track where the people running the track respect all the racers that attend the races.

I'm also done chiming in on this thread because while you are in office as president Roar is dead to me and I do not care what they do to destroy their attendance or the HOBBY in general. I'll give my support to someone that respects the racers like Scotty and Boylan.

I can say that because this is a public forum...

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 10-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #131
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The only problem i have with the 1/8 offroad analogy is that there is a vast difference between the ability to simply drive a mod TC around the track at a decent pace without exploding the car and getting a 1/8 car around the track. The 1/8 cars are vastly tougher, and also do not accelerate like a sedan. This makes it a lot easier to get it around the track. Please note that I think it takes just as much if not more skill to be at the top of the field of 1/8 offroad, but the difference here is what it takes to put in a decent run without the car coming back in kit form.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I was going to post the same thing.

I really admire the 1/8 off-road drivers. Novices race Pros, sponsored guys race againt privateers, prototype parts race against production parts, drivers don't seem to complain, the races are easily filled, the class is thriving worldwide, and American drivers are among the best drivers in the world.

This might be time for Touring Car mod, stock, superstock, foam, masters, etc etc etc to just become Touring Car with 13.5 motors and rubber tires. Run them all together and give some feel good special awards to the best privateer, best kid, or best old guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
AMEN TO THAT!!!

TC could have one "motor" choice..say 10.5.

Then have Sportsman, Inter. and pro "classes"

I went to an 8th scale race this past weekend that had a "breakout rule".

You sign up for Sportsman and your first qual. time put you in the top 8 of Inter. or sign up for inter. and your time put you in the top 8 of Pro. You had a choice to move up and take your time to that class w/ no penalty or take the chance and stay in Sportsman or Inter.. BUT if you did end up at the of the quals in the top 8 of the class in front of you and you chose NOT TO move up after the 1st qual....you started dead last in the higher class anyway.

I would love to see TC strive like 8th sacle is now..but in the current situation its in...no way!

The racers and Manufacters have alot to do with the situation TC is in now...See EA's post and think back 2-4 yrs ago!
I wish that's the way it was. One nice big class. No wonder why 1/8th scale is doing good and it's just about everywhere you go. I think you were smart to switch Anthony. If I wasn't going to college, I probably would too. Maybe I should just sell all my TC stuff and race with ya! Of course you'd know I'd have to buy a Tamiya! hehe Anyways, I think a 13.5 only class would be cool. Then you could have a 13.5 rubber class, and for the foam guys you can have a 13.5 foam. That, or dump touring cars completely and just race WGT and 12th scale. I wouldn't mind that either.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

coup?? Wow.... didn't know the resignation of one president was a coup on my part.

ok.

anyway, Larry.. talk to your buds who race with ya. This entire scenario came from requests from on road electric racing. But whatever, name call all you want.... the point is, you race stock and shouldn't. So, move to SS or don't attend the nationals. Your choice.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #134
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
This is posted on Dawns Facebook page.

Dawn Maxwell Sanchez
on road electric forum.. the thread about the nats at Mimi's.... It would appear Fairtrace and Miller are very offended that they are getting forced to race where they should be racing and not allowed to sandbag anymore....

oh yea, I said that publically.... its my page.. I get to do that...
WOW!

How old are you Dawn? 12? seriously, did you tweet about this too? maybe ur tween friends el oh elled about it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #135
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
coup?? Wow.... didn't know the resignation of one president was a coup on my part.

ok.

anyway, Larry.. talk to your buds who race with ya. This entire scenario came from requests from on road electric racing. But whatever, name call all you want.... the point is, you race stock and shouldn't. So, move to SS or don't attend the nationals. Your choice.
Please show all of us the last national entry Larry had in stock?