Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #136
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
This is posted on Dawns Facebook page.

Dawn Maxwell Sanchez
on road electric forum.. the thread about the nats at Mimi's.... It would appear Fairtrace and Miller are very offended that they are getting forced to race where they should be racing and not allowed to sandbag anymore....

oh yea, I said that publically.... its my page.. I get to do that...

Wow... if that is what she got from all this then she needs to learn to comprehend what she reads. Tail end to middle of the mains in 12th stock and a single 'A' main appearance in T/C foam stock (by the way a class not offered anymore) hardly rate sandbaging. I'd be willing to run superstock in the class I made the show in but don't think I want to in 1/12th, and I would prefer to run 2 classes for all the money Nats cost.

On top of that I now a lot of 'sportsman' who like to run the slightly faster superstock class.

Being forced to race where I belong is perfectly fine....I would prefer my pears to judge where I belong and not a blanket statement that says if you made an agreement to get a little cost break then you must be too good for stock.....

The ruling irritates me but does not offend....Dawn's disregard for the obvious should be offensive to all VOTING ROAR MEMBERS

If things countinue down this path I think I'll join Fairtrace at Scotty's and Boylan's races.....and Dawn if you feel this is just the feeling of 2 offended racers, how about a membership vote

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Look... I posted on a Facebook page...yes, I did. And yep, out of anger based on other nasty things said to me and about me.... gee, sorry, I'm human. I removed it all.... sorry to offend those who find it acceptable to offend me in areas that I can't edit.

so I assume the other trashing here is acceptable and adult like? Did you admonish Larry for anything he said?

Move on already. The decision is made to purify the stock class with amateur racing only. Its a change and in this hobby, nobody likes change. But, I don't like being trashed on for supporting a decision that um.. if you knew how ROAR worked.. was recommended by class committee's and proposed by their representative.

So, c'mon already..... Larry absolutely hates what I have done... not understanding, this isn't ME.. ROAR is a group of people doing research from all racing. But whatever, I stand with the job and my decision to support it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

yeah Larry... I wish youd getout of stock... I'm sick of always seeing your name in the stock classes

-DC-
Old 10-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Please show all of us the last national entry Larry had in stock?
?????? Last time I remember Larry running stock TC was Snowbirds 2008 with a brushed motor.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #140
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's fairly apparent that someone is skimming this thread and imagining what people might be saying rather than actually reading through the posts.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Look... I posted on a Facebook page...yes, I did. And yep, out of anger based on other nasty things said to me and about me.... gee, sorry, I'm human. I removed it all.... sorry to offend those who find it acceptable to offend me in areas that I can't edit.

so I assume the other trashing here is acceptable and adult like? Did you admonish Larry for anything he said?

Move on already. The decision is made to purify the stock class with amateur racing only. Its a change and in this hobby, nobody likes change. But, I don't like being trashed on for supporting a decision that um.. if you knew how ROAR worked.. was recommended by class committee's and proposed by their representative.

So, c'mon already..... Larry absolutely hates what I have done... not understanding, this isn't ME.. ROAR is a group of people doing research from all racing. But whatever, I stand with the job and my decision to support it.
I'm sorry but the representative of my region never asked me if I wanted this. And I don't.
I also know of a handful of people who want to know what happened to there roar yearly membership money from the roar regional race in 2008 at Hobby Hut?.?.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #142
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post

I agree with the theory just not the blanket statement basing the decision on sponsorship.and neither do I agree with limiting the 'sportsman' driver to stock. Most of the comments I have seen over the last few years was for a ranking system used to quantify performance, regardless of help form companies. Hell let's base it on average annual income cause I know people who can gain an advantage over most though excessive spending.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default this is getting good

So all of the complaining is based on the idea that someone else won't like this and it will hurt sedan racing and roar. And the worst part is that 10 or 20 racers won't show up because their sensibilities are hurt. How dare roar do anything. Those same 10 or 20 racers should rule r/c.

From reading it, the new rules are:
1) you can only enter stock or ss and/or mod, but you can't run stock and ss or stock and mod. Makes sense to me. If you race ss, you shouldn't race stock.
2) no sponsored drivers in stock. Do these racers belong in stock? They have a sponsorship for a reason. I would change the rule to:
a) no racers sponsored by any chassis manufacturer at any level
b) no racers sponsored by any tire, battery, motor manufacturer
c) no racers sponsored more than (pick a number,) 50% by a hobby shop or any other
business entity

All of these rules make sense to me, and I am one of the people who no one has seen racing at a big race.

The only argument made is that this will hurt sedan racing, I've got bad news: sedan racing has been dying for a while, and hopefully this will fix it a bit, or maybe the alternative is better, let's just open all of the classes to anyone. I wonder if Paul L would have won stock, ss, and mod at the paved nats if he had entered all 3 classes (I think he would have easily.)

It's about time these rules are made. Good job Dawn and Roar.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Are you racing this event?

Are you also a ROAR member?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post

The ruling irritates me but does not offend....Dawn's disregard for the obvious should be offensive to all VOTING ROAR MEMBERS

If things countinue down this path I think I'll join Fairtrace at Scotty's and Boylan's races.....and Dawn if you feel this is just the feeling of 2 offended racers, how about a membership vote

http://www.roarracing.org/downloads/...on_Results.pdf

5.8% of the membership voted in the last election. I hope that this will spur some more interest in the democratic process if nothing else.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 10-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have to say I had more fun racing at any single Grand Slam race than both onroad nats I ran in 09 combined.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
I have to say I had more fun racing at any single Grand Slam race than both onroad nats I ran in 09 combined.
I must admit I like the format stock 17.5 and pro 10.5 simple. With a ruling on who can run stock but anyone can try pro (which I did to little success).

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #148
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

What I find the hardest to fathom is that other people at another independent race do this very thing and nobody has issues with it...

Dawn doesn't call the shots people, if a class committee makes a recomendation to the ex-com and then the seven voting members of the excom approve the recomendation then it went through a due process. Its not like Dawn sanpped her fingers and said "This is how it is"

If your mad about the decision then you should probably condemn the entire seven people and the other seven or so people that made the recomendation that is a committee made up of racers just like all of you. But I guess because Dawn is the one putting her neck out here, I guess its all her fault.

Guess what, being the President of ROAR has ZERO perks! The president of ROAR doesn't get to just make new decisions on their own and guess what if she does not run again, the people already on the excom, get to stay as long as they want pretty much. So if you vote somebody new in, the difference is one person on the committee with the same vote as all the people already there, the only difference is that the newby has ZERO experience. How well do you think that will play with the people already sitting on the board that don't have to leave? Its not like our governments presidency that gets to create a new cabinet when they go in.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #149
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Rick Hohwart: You know that I have brought that up in committee talks before and you also know how I was shot to pieces for it too. (The 1/8 comparison)
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

After reading ALL the last ten pages [yes DC I can read!] I immediately paid my ROAR membership

Sean is excatly right, [don't hear that often do ya Sean??]

and now I will more than likely [once again] make the trek to Mimi's to get my 'fetchins up' AGAIN

and I for one am GLAD that foam is DEAD!!, the endles hassle of tire truing, ride height adjusting body cleaning BS is OVER I hope!!

This being our [OVRCCC] 1st indoor season of ALL TC rubber tire has went well, slower but fun, less hassle more time for laughing at DC trying to turn marshall CORR trucks!!

props to ROAR & Dawn for all the efforts, no one knows what the future holds for RC racing,

Thankx, Bill
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
Closed Thread