R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #31
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've spoken to Juho this weekend at the ETS (my car was going really sloppy ) And I've been looking at his car. He is driving some proto/changed stuff.

- He had some "prototype" front bulkheads (dremeld a peace out). For more flex.
- He drove the Losi front C-hubs and Blocks, because of the Dual Joint axles from losi, but it looks to me that Associated will make them too.
- Switched the servo like we already know. for a more lineare feeling.
- There is a new bulkhead / motormount coming out. It's inline, but still two peaces.
- Last but not least hea flipt the belt's so the elec's can go more to the center.
- With this he drove the new Lipo Brace, which is nice :-)

He told me that he didn't know if there was going to be a TC6 (TC5.1) or that the motormount will be a Upgrade pease. I'm hoping on a TC6 or so

There was an other Associated driver which had al four bulkheads "shortend" for a lower CG, but he switched to a new kit after saturday.

Some Pictures of Juho's car are at RED RC :-) His car drove awesome, to bad that he came up in travic.

Best Regards

Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #32
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the inside info Robert!

It doesn't have to be an all new kit that's for sure. It's cool that AE is working on parts to make a great car even better.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #33
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: thomasville,nc
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default

ya keep the info flowing. i've had my eye on getting another tc but am at a crossroads between xray & AE. for parts and performance(in my area) its AE hands down. but i still wished the car had a lower CG with the layshaft/topdeck an all. and moving the motor closer to centre.
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #34
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

The bulkheads my friend makes provide the lower layshaft by 5mm and moves the motor in by 5mm
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #35
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaak View Post
i've had my eye on getting another tc but am at a crossroads between xray & AE.
I run my 009 and TC5R back to back at club races. I've found the narrow, lower cg of the Xray to be NO advantage. In fact the TC5 has a more aggerssive (flatter) feel than the 009, feels like it's rolling less in the corners.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #36
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: thomasville,nc
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default

thanx pcar. those were the KEY factors i was most curious about.! The "Great Eye" is now fixed on the TC5. my current cars are (plastic tub) Pro3 HPI with some mods and the xray T1 (pillow ball car) w/allow rear arms. these cars are still fun and they perform "ok". but when the race announcer is calling your car "the dinosuar" its DEFINATELY time to update.
as nick nolte said to eddie murphey in 48 HRs..... "... i tend to get attached." LOL
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #37
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

The CG of the TC5 might be higher than other cars but it is basically the same. Moving the layshaft and top deck down 2-3mm is not going to make a noticable difference to your handling.

A bigger difference would be cetralizing the motor. These parts are available from aftermarket companies so give them a try. As a bonus the guys who make the bulkheads lower the layshaft as well.

I have noticed a couple of things at my last two races that will make more of a difference than any small modification like lowering the CG:

1. Preparation (or lack of it) - I am surprised how many race cars are in pretty bad shape with strange toe-in/toe-out, uneven camber, poor diffs, bad shocks, dirty, etc. Any R/C racing car has to be prepared correctly or it will not work as well as it could.
2. Setup - Along with poor prep comes unusual setups. The setups that are posted by the team on AE's website are proven good fast setups. Sure they may not work for some people and might need fine tuning. But they are a great place to start.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #38
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: thomasville,nc
Posts: 518
Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak
Default

hi rick! thanks for the post! yes, as you can see i like driving a car with a more centralized motor. just feels more comfortable i guess..

you guys have given me some killer pointers on this car! many thanks!!!
P.S. @ Rick....KingRC here in North Carolina is making moves to open the big concrete oval back up. HMMMMMmmm.
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaak View Post
hi rick! thanks for the post! yes, as you can see i like driving a car with a more centralized motor. just feels more comfortable i guess..

you guys have given me some killer pointers on this car! many thanks!!!
P.S. @ Rick....KingRC here in North Carolina is making moves to open the big concrete oval back up. HMMMMMmmm.
I only raced their once but that oval is awesome. I am surprised that it is still there.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #40
Tech Addict
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The CG of the TC5 might be higher than other cars but it is basically the same. Moving the layshaft and top deck down 2-3mm is not going to make a noticable difference to your handling.

A bigger difference would be cetralizing the motor. These parts are available from aftermarket companies so give them a try. As a bonus the guys who make the bulkheads lower the layshaft as well.

I have noticed a couple of things at my last two races that will make more of a difference than any small modification like lowering the CG:

1. Preparation (or lack of it) - I am surprised how many race cars are in pretty bad shape with strange toe-in/toe-out, uneven camber, poor diffs, bad shocks, dirty, etc. Any R/C racing car has to be prepared correctly or it will not work as well as it could.
2. Setup - Along with poor prep comes unusual setups. The setups that are posted by the team on AE's website are proven good fast setups. Sure they may not work for some people and might need fine tuning. But they are a great place to start.
+1

So true , A car in a good condition gives you a non-stress day at the race IMHO. Just good preped stuff is nice to work with and you don't have to worry about anything that might be sloppy, you know things are just right!

Greetings

Robert
__________________
Sponsored by: Schumacher Racing and Dualsky
Supported by: Shepherd Benelux and Thunder Tiger.
Robert_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~~~~Team Associated TC5 ARR!!!!!!! FS/FT~~~~~ Madmax22 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 04-22-2009 04:59 AM
FS: Team Associated TC5 Factory Team rcjunkie3000 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 12-26-2008 01:08 PM
Team Associated TC5 and Parts For Sale JWTX R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 12-01-2008 12:13 PM
Team Associated TC5 x 2 niskie Australia For Sale/Trade 6 09-16-2008 06:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:26 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net