R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #76
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Furman View Post
Question.. As you were on location. How did the new LRP Stock Spec speed "look" like against the AE Black Diamond? Did the BD seem to have more punch? Please tell us your observations!

Thanks.
I think in the punch it was about equal, but the new SXX Stock Spec. had a tremendous speed, AE couldn't top it.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Great race with awesome organisation as always, however a few strange decisions destroyed my hopes of a win..
First main i didn't even had the time to react when Stocker missed the second corner efter the straight completely, i drove my line when i got t-boned from the outside and was told to give back my position. Everyone i talked to right after asked me why the **** i gave back the position since i didn't even try to pass him..
The 3-4-5 nudges i got in second made me loose a bit more than 5 seconds when analyzing lap times, Stocker was five seconds faster in his winning round..

Also the corner cuts made in Q4&5 made when he went over the barriers, didn't wait for a marshal to get him over to the right side loosing nothing at all..

In the last main the BD's performed better, equal to the SSX SS after returning to the gearing we ran in Kastellaun.

Thanks again organizers, and also my sponsors: JMI Motorsport, Red Bull, Advanced Electronics and Autopartner RC.
Hopefully, ill be back next year even faster
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #78
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
however a few strange decisions destroyed my hopes of a win..
I also got a stop&go for doing nothing, as I was just going through pile up of two cars crashing each other. That destroyed my 2nd final. I think I heard that Hennig also got a stop&go for no reason in the first final. But otherwise it was a really good event. Big thanks for the organisers!

For the Speedos i really think that as a technological achievement those new speedos are really great, but i think it kinda ruins the idea of stock racing. But luckily I got the new LRP speedo for the event and it was really fast and worked perfectly throughout the race. Too bad my car was working perfectly only in the last final.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

What settings on the LRP and timing on the motor were you guys running?
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #80
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
Been talking to both Reto and Stocki about. They both agree that the new SSX Stock Spec Speedo is a big step forward for LRP, and that actually isn't stock racing anymore.

He is driving a SPX. Little mistake there by Oisin. He had a hard time this weekend doing it all alone. Eoghain wasn't around.. That's because 2 weeks ago Eoghain became a daddy.

No videos this time, because Oisin was just to busy the entire time. I'll post down a race report tonight right after the results.

Carsten Madsen was using the SXX Stock Spec in the first part of the race, but returned it to LRP again because he had troubles with it.

I will also thanks all the driver and sponsors for a great event.
I must say I was happy not to make decision of the A Stock finals, must driver was driving very hard to each other and don┤t take care.. and it could be Stock car racing insted of a Super Stock final, othervise the modified A-finals was more clean and with close racing.

I agree with the new speedos is the idea with stock classes gone, maybe will the future be: One motor and speedo in the race package, but I guess some racers will stay away, due of expensive entry fee if a speedo and motor is included.

Ulrich Rasmussen
Ulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #81
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard 13.5 called "junior modified" and "the new modified" this weekend with the new class of speed controls. The way things are going, it's hard to disagree. It's interesting to hear the same from people at the DHI cup, that track is much larger than anything we race in the states, and seems like it would be more conducive to open mod.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #82
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Any Mains videos available soon ?
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejo3 View Post
Any Mains videos available soon ?
Probably in the episode of RC Racing TV. Nick Daman was around for some video material.. But no videos from RedRC this time I'm afraid.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #84
Tech Regular

Having watched all the finals - as I was directing the camera for RC Racing TV - who will be showing the finals later in the year - It was obvious that Alex and the SXX had a definite edge - in legs 1 and 2, Tommy was unlucky in Leg 3 where his car suddenly gained a noticeable edge on Alex's car even before it broke.

I'm not sure about the stop go penalties there was a lot of bumping and calling whose fault it was, was pretty hard!
exint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
Great race with awesome organisation as always, however a few strange decisions destroyed my hopes of a win..
First main i didn't even had the time to react when Stocker missed the second corner efter the straight completely, i drove my line when i got t-boned from the outside and was told to give back my position. Everyone i talked to right after asked me why the **** i gave back the position since i didn't even try to pass him..
The 3-4-5 nudges i got in second made me loose a bit more than 5 seconds when analyzing lap times, Stocker was five seconds faster in his winning round..

Also the corner cuts made in Q4&5 made when he went over the barriers, didn't wait for a marshal to get him over to the right side loosing nothing at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
I also got a stop&go for doing nothing, as I was just going through pile up of two cars crashing each other. That destroyed my 2nd final. I think I heard that Hennig also got a stop&go for no reason in the first final. But otherwise it was a really good event. Big thanks for the organisers!
We did everything we can to try and see everything happening on the track. But it's always difficult because there's just a split-second to decide what happened. Unlike the racing of normal cars we have neither the equipment nor the time to replay an action and decide than.

Organisation came up to race control saying there were still to much accidents and that we had to be more strict and harder with penalizing. Most of the time (especially in the beginning of the weekend) we just let someone get away with a warning.

But it keeps damn difficult to judge it in that split second, and if any mistakes were made by either Kris, Jonas or me I want to apologize for it. But even the three of us are just human.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #86
Tech Initiate

still the three of you should be able to see when the raceleader obviouslu cheats and cuts a corner gaining up to 4 sec in one move..
erkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #87
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkan View Post
still the three of you should be able to see when the raceleader obviouslu cheats and cuts a corner gaining up to 4 sec in one move..
First of all he never gained 4 seconds by corner cutting, as you would see on the computer. He just didn't lose the time because after a roll he landed on his wheels on the other side of a kerb or bar. Which means he was just lucky.

And sorry to be rude.. But how much big races have you been a referee at? With 10 cars and 3 referees that's still more than 3 cars a person and you can't fully focus on multiple cars and see everything all the time. Especially not when you have to be on the edge of your focus trying to see everything for three days in a row from 8.30 AM untill 7 or 8 PM. So you try to get your focus where you think there are the biggest chances of something going wrong.

And if in any other way you are able to see EVERYTHING than happens on the track all the time, you should become a referee because that's something no other human being can.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #88
Tech Master

It's a hard job. It's very hard to see what happens really. It goes very fast and the people on the side do there best and can make mistakes.
Be happy that they are there. As they weren't there, you got one big mess.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #89
Tech Regular

Just got back from the DHI Cup very impressed with the organisation and Rick well done you did one hell of a job to keep an eye on what was going on. I'm sure you had some difficult decisions to make although I would have been strickter especially with the stock A final that had some dirty moves i wouldnt have expected from a couple of drivers.

The only complaint I have is the fact that the speedos being used in the stock A final especially the new SPX and BD couldnt be purchased from company representatives saying they are only available for team drivers bla bla. In no way am I taking anything away from their tremondous driving skills however I do think a stock class should be the class that has everyone on par as regards to equipment which is commercially available for all.

The difference in top end and acceleration from the old spx to the new sxx spx was huge, I do think organisers should look into to this next time around lets not ruin this class.

Apart from that wicked DHI CUP well done to all !

Gustav
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #90
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Models View Post
Just got back from the DHI Cup very impressed with the organisation and Rick well done you did one hell of a job to keep an eye on what was going on. I'm sure you had some difficult decisions to make although I would have been strickter especially with the stock A final that had some dirty moves i wouldnt have expected from a couple of drivers.

The only complaint I have is the fact that the speedos being used in the stock A final especially the new SPX and BD couldnt be purchased from company representatives saying they are only available for team drivers bla bla. In no way am I taking anything away from their tremondous driving skills however I do think a stock class should be the class that has everyone on par as regards to equipment which is commercially available for all.

The difference in top end and acceleration from the old spx to the new sxx spx was huge, I do think organisers should look into to this next time around lets not ruin this class.

Apart from that wicked DHI CUP well done to all !

Gustav
Thnx, and it's a bad thing indeed that not all speedo's were available..

On the other hand from the manufacturer's point of few, when you've got a new prototype speedo which is not commerically available yet. You want to be sure that's it competitive when you're competitions new speedo. The only way to find that out is to use it in races.

Besides from a commerical point of few, As a manufacturer you want to win that big races, for the simple reason that the more races you win the more people will buy your products. And to be able to win you sometimes have to use parts which are not 100% finished for commerce yet, but probably usable without to much risk of problems with it during a race (like burning it down or it malfunctioning)

---

And it was a nice weekend, always nice to meet some new people every time around. Ain't that right Mr. Cuchieri (did I spell it out correctly??)