1/12 with lipo receiver pack & voltage regulator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 with lipo receiver pack & voltage regulator

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Not sure on other ESC's but the tekin will not function with the red wire pulled. Have to leave it hooked up to make the ESC work correctly.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bronco1
So went out racing tonight and did 2 things (running 1/12 scale - TP 5000 1s lipo - Ezrun 60A esc - Hitec mini servo - Spektrum receiver):

1) ran the car without my 7.4v 150mah receiver pack. Car ran ok, no noticable problems. Servo probably slower but never went out.

2) tried to run the car with a 7.4v 150mah receiver pack paired to a Nosram regulator. So I pulled the red wire out of the esc plug wich goes into the receiver (to enable the bec), then connected the regulator to the receiver followed by connecing the receiver pack to the regulator. Only used the power switch of the regulator to turn on the system.

Result : power to the servo but nothing for the esc ? When I also used the power switch of the esc I got throttle response.

I thought using the esc power switch was out of the question.

I'm confused now.

PS : didn't have the ... to directly connect the receiver pack to the receiver.
I had the same problem you did. You have to turn on the speedie switch to power the motor Im also using the Nosram regulator, but the car was ultra slow. Im talking really slow..... I had a 4.0 in there, and was getting outrun by single cell 10.5 12th scales. Not sure what we are doing wrong.

The car almost felt like it dumped at 2-3 mins and got slower. Battey voltage was still at 4.1v??? and on 27mah used from the reciver pack.

I have now wired up a booster, and the car sounds ALOT faster. Not sure though as i havent tested it on the track yet.... I want to keep using the other system due to run time issues, but i need it to function properly.

A question for the pro's: Should we be running the red wire from the speedo in the reciver plug, and will this make the speedo power up without the switch? But woudnt that make the car have 2 BEC's?

I didnt want to try because i didnt want to blow anything....

Thanks in advance,

Antoni