Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cyclone question >

Cyclone question

Cyclone question

Old 02-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Cyclone question

I just got a cyclone and was wondering how to put on the capictator i know you solder it to the negative battery and positive motor. But do i solder it directly to the esc or to the wires. Hope this dosent sound dumb.

Doug
Old 02-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you are speaking of the Power Capacitor, you would solder it to the +Pos and -Neg solder posts on the speedo.

If you are speaking about the schottky diode (Smaller) you can either solder this to the motor tabs or on the motor leads themselves.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Suspended

Cool Cyclone Capacitor

The power capacitor can be soldered to the wires, but it is best to solder the leads to the posts on the speedo and solder the wires over them. Be sure to observe the polarity of the leads. It must be put on the Cyclone or damage may occur.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

I see where your question is comming from. If you have difficulties to mount the cap, just solder thin wires on and mount it on the chassis somewhere. Then solder the small wires to the posts on the ESC and your off. This is what i do anyway.

Regards
Old 02-14-2004, 10:17 PM

i recommend using soldering wire to the capacitor then lead the wire to the speedo....

during crashes and stuff the existing metal beams... like to snap. but i'm sure it'll be alright if u mount it really well....