Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have 2 types

2 Bionic 5000 40c
1 Acepow 5000 40c
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just a small question about the rear ball diff, not sure till when to tighten it?? what's the method to know if its tight enough or not?? will run on low traction carpet (new carpet)

cheers

Ali
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
just a small question about the rear ball diff, not sure till when to tighten it?? what's the method to know if its tight enough or not?? will run on low traction carpet (new carpet)

cheers

Ali
Two ways -

#1 on the bench with the body off, use your left hand to hold the left wheel, diff housing and spur gear. With your right hand spin the right tire. If there is some slip that is ok. If there is no slip, then it is too tight. If the right wheel spins with nearly Hi resistance than it needs to be tighter.

#2 when on the track from a standstill punch the throttle and listen. If it sounds like it is slipping then tighter the diff slightly (1/8 of a wheel turn) and test again. Again, a little slip is ok, but too much will just cause u to rebuild the diff a lot. If when you punch it the car is pulling in way (and your tweak and trim are hood) then the diff is too tight.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
Two ways -

#1 on the bench with the body off, use your left hand to hold the left wheel, diff housing and spur gear. With your right hand spin the right tire. If there is some slip that is ok. If there is no slip, then it is too tight. If the right wheel spins with nearly Hi resistance than it needs to be tighter.

#2 when on the track from a standstill punch the throttle and listen. If it sounds like it is slipping then tighter the diff slightly (1/8 of a wheel turn) and test again. Again, a little slip is ok, but too much will just cause u to rebuild the diff a lot. If when you punch it the car is pulling in way (and your tweak and trim are hood) then the diff is too tight.
thanks alot for the info, exacrly what i was looking for, ill guess ill start with bench method and thenmove on to the track.

how will you adjust to track surface?? high grip = tighter diff/ low grip = softer diff??

cheers

Ali
Old 07-12-2010, 05:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
thanks alot for the info, exacrly what i was looking for, ill guess ill start with bench method and thenmove on to the track.

how will you adjust to track surface?? high grip = tighter diff/ low grip = softer diff??

cheers

Ali
Yes.

If your are running at your new carpet track you might want to get a pro10/235mm Or wgt /200mm car with those wide 1/10 foams to help build a groove.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hanulec
Two ways -

#1 on the bench with the body off, use your left hand to hold the left wheel, diff housing and spur gear.
Man you can hold alot with your left hand, I would not want to imagine what you can hold with your right hand...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
Finally here is a pick of my modified Corally/Specialized RC bumper for the T3. As you can see it is much wider than the XRay Hard Foam bumper I have mounted on this main plate.
I have more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/racerlog/T3KydexBumper

Would anyone be interested in buy a product like this? But instead of it being 'hacked' together, for it to be properly made for XRay's??
Old 07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the smokem chassis? Im stuck between that and the exotek chassis. Will probably end up with the exotek but just curious..
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have tried the Smokem and Exotek chassis and found they are both a good tuning option to have in the box.

I prefer the Exotek on very low grip surfaces due to the 2.00mm thickness and the Smokem on medium to high grip surfaces.

Last edited by B4james; 07-14-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
I have tried the Smokem and Exotek chassis and found they are both a good tuning option to have in the box.

I prefer the Exotek on low grip surfaces due to the 2.00mm thickness and the Smokem on high grip surfaces. I do hear though that there is another Smokem version in the pipeline which will have more flex than the current one.
Hmm good to know. by high grip do you mean mainly carpet? And also is the smokem and exotek both the same width, or is one more narrow? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Has anyone tried the smokem chassis? Im stuck between that and the exotek chassis. Will probably end up with the exotek but just curious..
Smokem, perfect quality on the cutting, all the holes etc, a mirror finish on the chassis and cheap.

Car feels much more stable, and more consistent to drive.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hmm good to know. by high grip do you mean mainly carpet? And also is the smokem and exotek both the same width, or is one more narrow? Thanks!
Unfortunately we don't often get the pleasure of carpet racing on this side of the planet. I spoke to a fast guy who uses a Smokem and his opinion is that at a bigger event than normal club days, that as the grip comes up from all the cars cleaning the track, the Smokem chassis starts working a little better than the Xray chassis.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As Pablo Diablo mentioned below carpet racing is a rarity over here in Australia. In relation to the width they are both the same width which is quite narrow. The finish and quality of the CF on the Smokem chassis is second to none and as Brad mentions you can see yourself in it.

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Unfortunately we don't often get the pleasure of carpet racing on this side of the planet. I spoke to a fast guy who uses a Smokem and his opinion is that at a bigger event than normal club days, that as the grip comes up from all the cars cleaning the track, the Smokem chassis starts working a little better than the Xray chassis.
Agreed with comments above, the reverse of this is that I feel the Exotek tends to over grip the car when the grip comes up due to only being 2.0mm thick.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i will have both chassis soon.....
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Make your own like I did .....

Easy and cheaper and more satisfying when you win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.