XRAY T3

Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

dan another problem i had with my car was over heating the tires about 4 minutes into the main and the traction was horrible for me
Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
ygpm, ditch 6 degree blocks, go back to 4. 550 cst front shock oil with three holes, check your steering throw left degrees, and right degrees. If your struggling, turn the dual rate down if your a lock to lock driver (big changes first to see if that's whats happening..try -20% first and then add or subtract as needed) sounds like the car might actually be pushing, but you think its loose cause when the tires finally grab its hooking, and spinning out. The ppl that I have seen struggle with the t3 that's usually whats going on or a couple of the components. The car has a HUGE sweet spot so if the car is way off, look for something in the car that's way off.. also look for my previous post about drive shaft plunge vs lots of rear camber, and low rear toe values

4 degree blocks are a great place for 90% of the carpet racing, and 550 front oil will help the car feel a little bit more mellow.

that was where my mind was going was that the car was pushing so much that it seemed like it was loose. Im gonna go over the car tonight with a fine tooth comb and see what I can find thanks for all the help guys

fyi Aric my dual rate is at about 60 so that should make you happy
Old 03-29-2010, 07:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
hey, are you going to fuel onroad nats?
highly doubt it... but you never know. i haven't run nitro touring since the old'skol HPI RS-something with rubber tires. i'm looking into starting a nitro program this summer. i've been doing my research and should be hitting the track by mid-april if things are in stock.

are you planning on attending it?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by witz_dan
that was where my mind was going was that the car was pushing so much that it seemed like it was loose. Im gonna go over the car tonight with a fine tooth comb and see what I can find thanks for all the help guys

ok, check your rear drive shafts in accordance with my pm, and check steering throw left to right. When I first built mine I had to laugh cause I had like 25 degrees left throw, and 20 right on my hudy setup station when I eyeballed it and thought it was close lol. add some 550 front oil and you should be close.. then to get steering back sauce all of the front tire and come back and complain about not enough steering lol..

and who is aric ? lol

Last edited by rx7ttlm; 03-29-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
highly doubt it... but you never know. i haven't run nitro touring since the old'skol HPI RS-something with rubber tires. i'm looking into starting a nitro program this summer. i've been doing my research and should be hitting the track by mid-april if things are in stock.

are you planning on attending it?
u should go, they sucked back then... they are sick now lol

yeah, I am trying. This school term ends for me the week of nats, I am already pleading with my professors to have finals the first day of the last week lol. If that all works out I will rock some NT1 at nats. 190mm rubber / carpet is what I use to stay sharp for nitro since no one wants to run foam lol
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

I also don't know how experienced you are, but if you go off line into the grey.. give it a couple corners before you give it hell.. cause the fuzz build up on tires offline can be silly depending on your track. just a thought
Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

patric youget the photos of your new paint job ,why dont you pick up your phone
Old 03-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

dude all great points and thanks for all the help

as far as the off line thing. maybe i miss spoke its not so much with me getting off line, though i know what your talking about you get out into what i call the rubble and yeah any car will blow for a few turns.. i was saying more that when i have to check up my speed cuz the guy in front of me checks or i just need to slow aggressivly, not really hitting the brakes. is when she likes to break loose if that makes sense

Dan

fyi aric is a kid i run with
Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

me to be exact
the "kid"
said it in my sig
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LS1LNGTRVL
patric youget the photos of your new paint job ,why dont you pick up your phone
I didn't get any pictures, My blackberry got the great north west rain treatment. So waiting on a new phone. you have pm
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

so at this point im leaning toward ingnoring the loose rear and just gonna focus on the push and as i get that out the loose should take care of itself.?

ive had this before with offroad.. the trouble is trying to decide if its the front has so much traction that the car is pushing or the rear has so much traction that its loose
Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

so at this point im leaning toward ingnoring the loose rear and just gonna focus on the push and as i get that out the loose should take care of itself.?

ive had this before with offroad.. the trouble is trying to decide if its the front has so much traction that the car is pushing or the rear has so much traction that its loose
well you need to figure out several things, does it only do it in one direction, is there a bump/ bumps where this happens, is the car grounding (bottoming out), am i a spaz, am i running to much dual rate. What might help is just ask your local fast guy to drive the car.. usually they can help sort out exactly whats going on better than I can explain with text lol.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

rx fyi your pm box is full

sitting at the work bench right now going over the car
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

hahah

it happens both directions

I can be a spaz

and my throttle control can suck
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

underground does have a few bumps that threw my car off every time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.