Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I will let you know. Our track is a 90X45 CRC-HD Ozite carpet track. The carpet it on bare concrete so the traction depends on the temp outside. Lately it has been medium traction since its been so cold. It's really only tail happy on the technical parts of the track (like the back to back 180 degree turns). When the traction is like it is now the Mazda 6 is just a tad pushy for me and the LTC-R is a tad loose. I'm hoping the Speed6 frees the car up a bit and splits the middle. We will see tonight.

I really liked the LTC-R on my TC5 but it just seems too aggressive for me on the Xray. I could turn slightly faster lap times with it vs the Mazda6 but more often then not they were slower b/c it was harder to drive so my overall times we worse.
I tried the Speed6 last night. Traction was way up at the track and I had a lot of steering. Due to the restricted time I couldn't run both bodies back to back to see if I would have had an oversteer with the Mazda6 body too. I ended up just putting my multiflex in the stiffest setting and it fixed most of the steering issues and gave me a slight push. With the traction changes it was just too hard to determine which I like better. I will have to give it some more time.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
No, the L1/L2 make the link a little longer.
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
l1 l2 will give you more conner speed as you will be able to get back on the gas sooner. also will be easyer to drive. use the l1 l2 up front and the 009 on the back.
Ok thanks, ill give it a go
Old 01-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

body post location the same from the 009 car?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dal bains
body post location the same from the 009 car?
Pretty much (Yes). The front body posts are supposed to be a fraction more forward, but my bodies from my 009 fit fine
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

What is the deal with RC America's part support for this car? Twice I have placed orders for parts from my LHS and only about half the parts were available and the rest backordered. Has it historically been that way for the Xray TCs?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Can you run a softer tire? 36 are really hard
Its South Australia and we are the driest state in the driest continent so Unless you live in say, Texas, you cant compare the heat we have as it is a very dry heat that sucks the life out of everything. Today was a nice sunny 31c day ( 89f ) and we had a heat wave last week with 5 days straight over 41c ( 106f ) so we need to use 36r. We are even thinking of testing some 40r as today the track was sitting at around 60c (140f ) and the tyres are coming of at around 55c( 131f ). My tyre wear is getting very good after some minor set up changes to the T3.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1204&setup=t3

Thanks for all the suggestions here and on the Xray forum.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Its South Australia and we are the driest state in the driest continent so Unless you live in say, Texas, you cant compare the heat we have as it is a very dry heat that sucks the life out of everything. Today was a nice sunny 31c day ( 89f ) and we had a heat wave last week with 5 days straight over 41c ( 106f ) so we need to use 36r. We are even thinking of testing some 40r as today the track was sitting at around 60c (140f ) and the tyres are coming of at around 55c( 131f ). My tyre wear is getting very good after some minor set up changes to the T3.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1204&setup=t3

Thanks for all the suggestions here and on the Xray forum.
Glad you got it worked out. Now you can work on making it faster
Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

What is the deal with RC America's part support for this car? Twice I have placed orders for parts from my LHS and only about half the parts were available and the rest backordered. Has it historically been that way for the Xray TCs?
Yes it has been this way for a while. When a new car comes out the parts take a back seat to manufacturing and packaging the new car. After a production run of kits they go back to producing and packaging parts. So it's not RCAmericas fault, they are mostly at the mercy of XRay. When I had my shop was when the T2, 007, 008 came out. Each time a new rendition came out, it was hard to get parts, especially steering knuckles, which was weird since all 3 cars use the same knuckle. I learned to order larger quantities of frequently broken parts, especially the ones shared by platforms like knuckles and caster blocks.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

The larger quantities must be the key. Nexus seems to stock parts that you can't get at RC America and I assume that is where Nexus gets their parts. I love Nexus and all but would love to be able to help my LHS out too. I guess the LHS order of 1-2 just doesn't make it worth it for RC America to keep the kind of stock levels Nexus does.

Fortunately no broken parts in 9 days of racing the T3 but a few things are starting to wear out. Steering knuckle screw holes and spool outdrives namely.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

You are correct sir! On-line companies like Nexus and others buy in huge quantities, and of course their orders are filled first. Then whats left goes to the LHS. And its not just with RCAmerica, it's that way at all distributors.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
You are correct sir! On-line companies like Nexus and others buy in huge quantities, and of course their orders are filled first. Then whats left goes to the LHS. And its not just with RCAmerica, it's that way at all distributors.
Yeah I have noticed. Distributors don't do much to help out the local hobby shops anymore.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Yeah I have noticed. Distributors don't do much to help out the local hobby shops anymore.
Especially when they have their own online hobby shops that are under cutting the LHS.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Especially when they have their own online hobby shops that are under cutting the LHS.
It seems to be just a fact of life that LHS are left with the RTR business, while the high-end competition vehicle kits and parts are only available thru internet businesses or LHS that also have an internet presence. no judgements, but it seems thats just seems to be the trend.

it would seem that the only local only business that can still flourish is a hobby shop adjacent to an active racing schedule. (racing certainly does generate spare parts sales)
Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Contrary to popular belief, there is no preference given to large online dealers vs LHS here. Since I process the back orders upon shipment arrivals, I should know!

I don't have two different inventory stashes for LHS and the 'big guys'. It all comes from the same pool. If your LHS was back ordered, so were the online guys. The issue that confuses it is the stock levels that the big guys keep on hand. If we are out of stock for a week, they still have parts, but if your lhs special orders them that week, we are not able to fill it. But I do not hold product for certain accounts and back order for others. In the case of limited quantities when a shipment arrives (new or high demand items), it is usually the larger orders that are shorted so that we can fill the smaller quantity orders so that everyone gets something. It is much harder to partially fill an order for qty1 compared to qty30 I don't give quantity breaks, free shipping, discounts, etc to 'special' accounts. Everyone is on the same playing field, and I intend to keep it that way.

Our stock levels are low on a lot of electric touring stuff right now. Sales have been fantastic over the last month, higher than expected. We should have incoming product arriving in another 7-10 days. Timing is tough this time of year due to year end closings/shut downs for us and XRAY production. We didn't guess right on the timing of the incoming order and unfortunately you guys are hurt by this error and I am sorry about that. It's a big parts order and we should be back to solid stock levels shortly. I apologize for the recent poor fill rates but we should be caught up quickly.

Bryan
RC America
Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

thanks for the reply Bryan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.